Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a tad confused

Unless we are benefiting by adding another late ish 1st rounder, why would we take on another 850K over multiple years, for another inside mid?

Kennedy would be shaking his head

Can't believe we would even consider an inside mid even in the draft or by trade. Would be a mind blowingly ridiculous decision.

Beggars belief that it’s being contemplated:

.. in a position of just having been torched by the top teams at the pointy end - (arguably) due to lacking midfield pace whilst being strong on the inside/contest….

that we would be making a trade move for….

…an inside mid
Yeah but we’re #1 in the league for getting it out, to someone getting it out, to someone getting it out…

peter sellers film GIF

Fell at the final hurdle. And it’s Inspector Clouseau.

His midfield battles with kato are stuff of legends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting very squeezy for old mate Lloydy!

Yeah although if the plan is for Wright to take over as ceo late next year I doubt he would be footy boss during that handover process.

Would be to much instability to sack lloyd and hire Wright who will be focused on getting ready for ceo. Only to then hire someone else for that position.

View attachment 2129022
Now reported we are sounding out Wright by the Age-for those doubt me i wrote this last night to another ITK on PM-my source is reliable and will provide as much as i can-albeit some i cant say such as the salary dump player etc.

You also said that Lloyd is only on the board for the ego boost and to interested in off field profits when A) The footy manager is not on the board and B) His whole job is managing the football department and has nothing to do with offield profits (aside from having to work to some kind of budget for his department).

Not saying I don't believe you and that you dont have a source. You might just be taking the liberty to elaborate on stuff and getting some things wrong in the process. But it does make you less believable.

Not to shit on anyone's rumour - but isn't it illegal under the CBA to take less money to change clubs? If I'm on a $1m per season I can't say "I'll forego 150k of that to win a premiership at Carlton"
You can't renegotiate a FA contract that generates a compo pick IIRC

Yeah although if the plan is for Wright to take over as ceo late next year I doubt he would be footy boss during that handover process.

Would be to much instability to sack lloyd and hire Wright who will be focused on getting ready for ceo. Only to then hire someone else for that position.
it’s an interesting watch!

View attachment 2129022
Now reported we are sounding out Wright by the Age-for those doubt me i wrote this last night to another ITK on PM-my source is reliable and will provide as much as i can-albeit some i cant say such as the salary dump player etc.
Hang on, didn't you recently say your mate has just become a player manager and this is the first time you have had ITK info. Now you are saying you know people on the board as well and you have 'sources'?

I appreciate the posts, but I'm confused

ferrisb's useless musing of the day:

Many blues fans are bemoaning us being slow and one-dimensional. That we have too many similar players and too many holes in the list. That we seem to be sitting idle while all other teams are getting better.

Blues fans also bemoaning the fact that the club is putting Kennedy and Owies up as trade bait.

I love Kennedy and am a fan of Owies. But you can't keep bringing in players without letting some go.

Wanting to do trades and wanting to keep Kennedy & Owies are both valid opinions. But it's hard to have both opinions at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back