Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm open to anything
And there it is!

OK Mr Worm4 (if that really is your name), exactly how well do you know Laura Kane?

breaking news trinity GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denver Granger-Barrass been mentioned in passing here a while ago. Was touted as a future star - any idea why he hasn’t come on at Hawks?
Too skinny to play true KPD well, and just doesn't accumulate as an interceptor with basic defensive responsibilities.

They tried swinging him forward in the VFL and he got found out after 2 games.
berry, Travaglia (F1 and owies for 12 with GC) and hotton (salary dump pick, Kennedy pick, Carrol pick and F2 bundled) for a top 20 pick.
This just reads like you've been huffing BF/media draft insights. Hotton should be rated higher than both.
berry, Travaglia (F1 and owies for 12 with GC) and hotton (salary dump pick, Kennedy pick, Carrol pick and F2 bundled) for a top 20 pick.

Very well known Austin rates this draft and sees it as a way to regenerate the list with 5 elite young talents (3 top 20 picks and campo twins). I also know the club rates ben campo as a top 10 in the open draft and already have him pencilled in to line up round 1 next year-he is ready made.

Berry is the small forward we need. Travaglia v composed HB, I think the club wants Cowan as an inside mid/winger so they want travaglia now as they don’t think they get Houston (this was the logic to push cowan up the ground and Houston HB) club are very bullish on Cowan-idk if you all recall In that car interview with vossy how he said Cowan is now one of the first picked. They know Cowan wants mid time and want to give him that so he doesn’t go to Tasmania-(genuine fear of the club and rightly so as a Tassy boy)

Hotton also high on Austin’s list as a Rayner type bulldozing mid/forward that can win a game off his own boot . I think we miss that atm unfortunately Elijah hollands is X factor and elite as the mid/HF but not a match winner. Needs hotton on the other HF to complement him.
Berry is a very stock standard forward that will get pushed off the ball at the elite level, probably his whole career.

Not sure he has enough of a speed/agility combo to get around that, but he's closer than most and has a good endurance base. Sad case of an undersized mid in the modern game, and reminiscent of Fogarty.

Travaglia when I've watched him has been all arms and legs, repeatedly cooking disposal efforts under basic pressure because he tries to explode from HB every time.

You absolutely do not want to turn Hotton into a power mid, it will destroy the best parts of his game. Just need to build stability in his hips and knees, and teach him not to mindlessly hurtle himself into the air for the football - unless it's absolutely necessary - as well as how to land.

Konstanty gonna come to us (formality) either for an F4 or as a DFA. He was a pick 20 2 years ago to swans. Austin rated him highly and wanted him over Cowan-he was trying to get up the board for him.

Has been injury prone and appaz has no mates at the swans doesn’t fit into the culture. Gonna be our best small forward instantly if he stays fit. He applies defensive pressure (which obviously Fogarty provides in spades) but also kicks goals was elite for Gippsland.

Don’t wanna hype him up but get veryyyy excited. Averaged 6 tackles in his draft year and kicked 4 goals in a prelim for Gippsland. Should he stay injury free I expect him named over durian and mots R1
So to be clear, he kicked 13 goals in 13 games for the rest of his NAB League season, which matches up with his VFL output so far.

If he's immediately our best small forward, we're ****ed. He's a slow mark and kick player, like Owies. Not worth a list spot, so I assume he's a possible VFL signing.
only just got this source a few days ago as my mate became a manager himself.
this is what is happening behind closed doors CONFIRMED. Directly from Player manager and other managers.
obviously i dont as this is the first time ive had a proper source.
If that's true, it's the first time your mate has been a proper source too, because you've both just given him away to other player managers.

I think you're telling the truth, but I think you're being partially fed disinformation, which would be standard fare* this time of year.

Last edited:
Too skinny to play true KPD well, and just doesn't accumulate as an interceptor with basic defensive responsibilities.

They tried swinging him forward in the VFL and he got found out after 2 games.

This just reads like you've been huffing BF/media draft insights. Hotton should be rated higher than both.

Berry is a very stock standard forward that will get pushed off the ball at the elite level, probably his whole career.

Not sure he has enough of a speed/agility combo to get around that, but he's closer than most and has a good endurance base. Sad case of an undersized mid in the modern game, and reminiscent of Fogarty.

Travaglia when I've watched him has been all arms and legs, repeatedly cooking disposal efforts under basic pressure because he tries to explode from HB every time.

You absolutely do not want to turn Hotton into a power mid, it will destroy the best parts of his game. Just need to build stability in his hips and knees, and teach him not to mindlessly hurtle himself into the air for the football - unless it's absolutely necessary - as well as how to land.

So to be clear, he kicked 13 goals in 13 games for the rest of his NAB League season, which matches up with his VFL output so far.

If he's immediately our best small forward, we're ****ed. He's a slow mark and kick player, like Owies. Not worth a list spot, so I assume he's a possible VFL signing.

If that's true, it's the first time your mate has been a proper source too, because you've both just given him away to other player managers.

I think you're telling the truth, but I think you're being partially fed disinformation, which would be standard fair this time of year.
Berry sounds like the exact type of player we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back