Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe someone like Rosas, who's still got a year remaining on his contract that we'll take on without the need to give anything up.
I considered Rosas, but I doubt he'd be a salary dump type given he'd be on a rather modest contract and for only 1 more year. Moving him on wouldn't exactly be clearing the decks, it'd be like move a single shelf drawer slightly further to the side.

Has 1yr left on his GC contract!

GY8CrojbAAA7LOl

Fiorini is just ok. He's not overly fast, isn't physical for a guy of his size, his skill is B grade (good, not great), isn't a big accumulator, doesn't have a huge tank and isn't a great mark. He's a C+/B- grade in lots of things but B+ at nothing type of player.

I'm not really sure he's one that moves the needle for anyone, if it's between him and Kennedy I'd probably prefer to keep Kennedy given his versatility.

If it's Fiorini I don't mind it. Solid C/B grader across a number of positions - mid, wing, half back. Reminds me of the Acres trade tbh.

He'd be a good complement to our midfield rotation. A touch faster, can apply pressure at stoppage, and better in defensive transition than the Hewett/Kennedy/Cerra/Cripps types. If he's half back, that gives more wing minutes to Ollie/Doc/Moo. Then vice cersa if he's on the wing. Can kick a goal and uses the ball reasonably well in general. He's a lefty. Also has an Italian last name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we’ve convinced Houston that Carlton is the place for him then I can’t see us backing away from the trade. That would be a bad look. I also don’t see any world in which we part with 2 first round picks for him. That’s overs.. Port know it and we know it. It’s their initial demands.. we’ll meet somewhere in the middle- a first and a second for Houston and a third or something along those lines. North were always just being used mainly by Port as leverage.

As for Fiorini.. he’s a handy player but I’m not sure he’s a good fit for us. From memory he’s tried to get to the Pies a couple of times in the past so I think Arrow is probably on the mark saying Collingwood.

Port don't want to trade him so ask for a ridiculous price.

Tbh sounds like, cya next year when we do this again but this time they come to the table

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
The request isn't unreasonable for an All-Australian in his prime. Just not sure we need him that much.

If we’ve convinced Houston that Carlton is the place for him then I can’t see us backing away from the trade. That would be a bad look. I also don’t see any world in which we part with 2 first round picks for him. That’s overs.. Port know it and we know it. It’s their initial demands.. we’ll meet somewhere in the middle- a first and a second for Houston and a third or something along those lines. North were always just being used mainly by Port as leverage.

As for Fiorini.. he’s a handy player but I’m not sure he’s a good fit for us. From memory he’s tried to get to the Pies a couple of times in the past so I think Arrow is probably on the mark saying Collingwood.

If that was the case I think he would already have nominated us. Port don't need to meet us in the middle. He's said he's happy to stay and thanks to their failure to nab Perryman and Cummings they need him to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back