Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would GCS accept that trade?

It's actually not a bad deal for GC...

Their first round selection this year is worthless to them because their academy player (Leo Lombard) will go around that mark anyway and they'll be able to match a bid for him with a bunch of third or fourth rounders anyway. So you either draft him with that pick or get rid of it and get him anyway.

So in this instance, they turn a worthless pick for them this year in to another first rounder next year. Worst case scenario is Pies finish first next year and their pick goes from 13 to 18. Don't think that'll happen so their pick next year will probably be comparable to what it was this year.

Essentially prices John Noble at a second round pick, which is about right. Both parties win in the trade I think.

I care about any hope of winning a flag in the next year or two. Don't think that happens by going to the draft, in my opinion.
Seems like the pies have a different strategy, i guess time will tell but they at least have a flag to show for it.
I care also...
Our window is now and Austin & Co better get some ready made good players in the door to help us get there.
1995 was a long friggin time ago.

We will be drafting at least 4 kids and this needs to happen for our future...but we have to look at our window now as well.

I have paid membership for 25 years and I would really like another friggin cup please.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their first round selection this year is worthless to them because their academy player (Leo Lombard) will go around that mark anyway and they'll be able to match a bid for him with a bunch of third or fourth rounders anyway. So you either draft him with that pick or get rid of it and get him anyway.

So in this instance, they turn a worthless pick for them this year in to another first rounder next year. Worst case scenario is Pies finish first next year and their pick goes from 13 to 18. Don't think that'll happen so their pick next year will probably be comparable to what it was this year.

Essentially prices John Noble at a second round pick, which is about right. Both parties win in the trade I think.
Except they’ve got other clubs offering plenty for their 1st round pick this year, in fact it’s turning into a bidding war. Certainly not worthless

John Noble is not a R2 draft pick in any way, shape or form.

Haynes and draft. Austin couldn’t be clearer I think, Houston interest is there but Pies seem like they’re gonna get him with what they have planned. I’m not completely happy with it but see reason with Tas concessions coming through and it being a strong draft. But to potentially lose Kennedy, Owies, Young, Carroll and not strengthen the best 23 will hurt us imo. We are in a position to have a red hot crack at 17, after years of going to the draft. Just seems like our eggs are too much in one basket with what Austin said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Houston will land at the Pies. Joe Richards was the key to it. Looking like it'll be...

Noble + F1 to GCS for picks 13 + 23
Richards + picks 13+23 to Port for Houston (plus some change back in return)
That is a terrible trade for Gold Coast, they could get a future first for pick 23. John Noble isn’t worth a top 30 pick.

This feels like another Dylan Shiel situation, but not as drawn out.

Let the filth have him,
* have been winning this time of year for years on end and look where it has gotten them.

Collingwood have been making PF’s, GF’s and winning premierships. Collingwood getting better most trade/FA periods is nothing like *.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back