Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was the Suns I wouldn't be letting go of 13 til much later in the trade period. Closer it gets to the end of the trade period the more desperate clubs will get for it.

But that would be smart so expect the GCS footy department to give it up in the 9AM segment of Trade Radio on Monday
I was just joking but the Gold Coast never fail to disappoint

They want to get deals done

Dealing with the Pies, facilitates a smoother transaction for Noble, then Houston and ultimately Lukosius
I just think Noble's value has been inflated massively this trade period. GCS have two picks in the 40s. Feel like 41 is about right for Noble. If Pies don't accept it walk away - they are bringing in Rioli, have Budarick, have Weller. Noble shouldn't be a massive need for them

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is 13 enough for Houston but our future first + Owies is not.

Presumably Port rate this year's draft higher than next years. Maybe by virtue of the players themselves, maybe they have NGA/FS players next year, maybe their list profile strategy preferences kids this year vs next.

Also, a future first from us could be late teens, 13 is earlier. Owies may also not interest them, or may not have any interest in going to SA.

GC want Noble, makes sense to work 13 into that trade.
Richards wants Port, makes sense to work him into a trade for Houston.

Collingwood seem happy to pay overs for 13, and then pay overs again for Houston. We have other priorities.

I just think Noble's value has been inflated massively this trade period. GCS have two picks in the 40s. Feel like 41 is about right for Noble. If Pies don't accept it walk away - they are bringing in Rioli, have Budarick, have Weller. Noble shouldn't be a massive need for them
I agree he isn't a massive need, but he adds to the style Dimma wants to play. Remember, pick 13 is worth more than a Pies F1, hence why both clubs would be haggling.

I think he is worth a mid to late 2nd, while contracted

Pick 12 and 34 for GWS 16 and 21? Or would we need to send something else also?

Depends entirely on where we rate the various groups of players.

I could see GWS doing that just because they have the 2 teens pick so can afford to pay a premium to get a upgrade a pick.

But I suspect we'll be hesistent unless we think the guy/s we want will slide.

It's amazing how much more value you get out of the quicker players. Noble is very fast and Richards is pretty nimble as well.

We are in this situation where we want to shed players to bring in some speed. The problem is, our current players up for trade - Owies, Kennedy, Young - are worth less on the open market because they lack speed.

We would all argue that Owies is better than Richards, and Kennedy is better than Noble. The very ingredient we want to bring in to the side, is what is actually hurting our ability to extract full value from the outgoing players.

The unfortunate reality is Houston means way more to the Pies than he does to us.

He will be a game changer for them I’ve no doubt, but, we have more glaring issues that take priority first.

Also, as fate wills it, everything they needed to get him fell perfectly into place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back