Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think a draftee can come in and have a huge impact.

Logan Morris was a solid cog in a premiership side this year, Nick Watson and Calsher Dear had huge first seasons for the Hawks (and they owned a final). Lawson Humphries at Geelong was awesome in the back half of the year and played really well in finals
A draftee CAN make an impact to this side, especially if the Best 22 players around them stay fit and firing.

Jaidyn Stephenson (yuck) was huge in 2018 when Collingwood came from the clouds.
Brisbane had Ashcroft, Lohman, Fletcher, Morris running around this year.
2023 Collingwood had Ginnivan who bobbed up all year despite a poor GF.

I find teams generally take the leap when their battlers & depth in the squad are replaced with promising kids.

We just hope Vossy gives them every chance and are developed correctly.

Agree, if we don’t change game style a big name signing isn’t going to make the difference.

The best we looked this year was a couple of games where we took the game on and moved the ball through the centre corridor. We need to further work on and persist with this game style.
That's been the reality of (good) footy since the 1980s....

Not sure Voss is up to speed with the idea just yet... unfortunately.

Our football department needs a shake up. There is a lack of intellectual fire power and mongrel. Watching Austin speak does my head in. "Let's see what happens, we'll go to the draft." mantra is crap. Make something happen..just do! Lloyd seems as useless as ice to the Eskimos. Our MC picks the team in Round 1 and misses the changes going on around them. Our assistant coaches can't devise any plan whatsoever to get the ball to our key forwards unless we win the clearance. I really dislike Hawthorn but Sam Mitchell has all the mongrel we don't and doesn't accept any crap. I'd like to see some of that..I
CB

Our football department needs a shake up. There is a lack of intellectual fire power and mongrel. Watching Austin speak does my head in. "Let's see what happens, we'll go to the draft." mantra is crap. Make something happen..just do! Lloyd seems as useless as ice to the Eskimos. Our MC picks the team in Round 1 and misses the changes going on around them. Our assistant coaches can't devise any plan whatsoever to get the ball to our key forwards unless we win the clearance. I really dislike Hawthorn but Sam Mitchell has all the mongrel we don't and doesn't accept any crap. I'd like to see some of that..I
CB

Can you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think...

I heard Xavier Campbell….
observing season 3 GIF

Going the draft vs something like a houston is a tough decision.

I think there wouldnt be so much angst on a decision like this if we had a good game plan. With a crap gameplan, we are dependent on good players and need houston. But if the MC could change it up, we dont need Houston.

And now the bummer...i dont think Voss can change unless it is by mistake...which i guess is standard if you take Richmond as a precedent.

ultimately, taking into account our transition, we need to get houston and play him 50/50 rebound/mid. For those who say he cant, think Docherty. I'm gamble he would be better than Docherty, Hollandsx2, Durdin, Motlop running through the mid for 5-10 mins a qtr.
Some great points.

If we could secure #13 from GC and use it to get Houston and pick up a quality midfielder from the draft with #12 would be a fantastic outcome.

Coaching group also need to develop and learn from Lions and Hawks game styles this year.

Jaidyn Stephenson (yuck) was huge in 2018 when Collingwood came from the clouds.
Brisbane had Ashcroft, Lohman, Fletcher, Morris running around this year.
2023 Collingwood had Ginnivan who bobbed up all year despite a poor GF.

I find teams generally take the leap when their battlers & depth in the squad are replaced with promising kids.

We just hope Vossy gives them every chance and are developed correctly.
Stephenson - Lohmann - Ginnivan - Watson. Those sparks are all forward of centre. Would be great if we could acquire a player or even have Motlop and Durdin step up to be that 1-1.5 goals avg per game

CB
How is going to the draft a "mantra"?

we have Jack Ison and Ty Gresham coming in next year with Cody the year after. Great development opportunity. I just don't see us with picks for the players we need in the draft.
I'm not fully over our academy players, but know Gresham is one and assume ison is too. If they are both from the academy, don't we only have access to them if they're not picked in the top 40? Unless the rules have changed. Can't build a team around getting players rated at 45 for cheaper than they would otherwise be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CB

Any particular reason you didn’t get the A team coach?

Although JSOS is just as tall (undersized) and slower than Kemp as a KPD.

I still wouldn’t mind seeing how he goes there.

Feel he’d help orchestrate the defensive structures better.

Uses his body and has better positioning etc.

Doubt it’ll be on the cards though. Naw.

JSOS also has something that you can't teach, footy smarts. Just knows where to run and is not prone to brain fades like Kemp...

I'm not fully over our academy players, but know Gresham is one and assume ison is too. If they are both from the academy, don't we only have access to them if they're not picked in the top 40? Unless the rules have changed. Can't build a team around getting players rated at 45 for cheaper than they would otherwise be.

The rules have changed.

We can now match bids at any time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back