Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony of it all is in about 3 years time when Cripps, Curnow, Harry, Weitering, Silvangni are all slowing and others already gone namely, Saad, Williams, Newman, Gov, Docherty and more, our rebuild start all over again.
Curnow and Harry have 5 years + before then... Cowan Wilson Holland's draftees this year. A trade target or FA on the way, walker. No rebuild. Refreshes

I don't know that people need to 'Calm down' over Houston, there are 150 pages of people discussing why not to get him.

Who cares anymore right? Let Pies waste their money and picks, we don't need AA players like the 2023 flag winners do, we're just fine.

Seems like a wonderful plan to go to the draft and bring a new talent, 1 fresh top 15 kid, awesome.

Seems like a great choice to bring in Haynes to replace Marchbank. What are we replacing? Haynes fan must confess.

Great result scoring the Campo kids for a 3rd round pick and rookie spot, most likely outcome. I think most of us who watched them this year are positive but know we ain't getting the Daicos boy's.

Combination of the above moves us into a contender position right? Natural progression?

We can hang our hopes over the next two drafts on Ison, Gresham and Cody, but how do we pay for them under new rules?

I know that the next three drafts will give us a Cripps replacement, hopefully others also. But when will we ever stop our rebuild and pull the trigger? It's not about Houston rather more about serious clubs getting stuff done to win a flag. We lack that.

Will this years pick 12 play better than a 2 x AA player over the next three years? If not then we are rebuilding again.

How do we add help for Weiters? Quality and quick ball movement? Someone who can read a pack and kick a goal?

Just don't get the management choices considering the list balance.

No one really gets chased off the board though, that's a choice to stay or leave
Yep. I enjoy reading the rumours and insights some get but if you post you open yourself to replies. And then you choose to stay or go. And engage or ignore. A tip: ‘ignore’ or ‘scroll past’ is your friend. Not really interested in the handwringing and drama that sometimes comes with posts on here.

Yeah. Lets play it safe.
Now's not the time to take a punt when we've waited 29years for a flag.
We've only been rebuilding for 10 years, whats another few waiting for the kids to develop...
30 years next year since our last flag if we dont win it or at least make the Gf there's going to be alot of angry people around.

This is pretty strong hyperbole to allow yourself to be overly negative? Good management isn't always exciting.... Oh well. Gold coast overpaying for a long term basically never injured player - if we had one of those we wouldn't be trading them out..... As it stands 'collingflogs' are absolutely mortgaging their future trying to steal a flag before Tasmania comes in. Their footy departments a mess. This ain't no Geelong. Enjoy the watching the car crash mate. 👍
Yeah I'm not sure you can pot their list management.
They may only have won 3 flags in 33 years but we've won 0 in 29

Many different strategies could assist us, in taking the next step, even a flag

Addition of ready made players, developing youth, health and continiuty of the list, tweaking the gameplan, even a talented draftee

So in regards to the trade/draft period, I wouldn't be putting all our eggs in one particular basket

In the same way, thinking, playing a certain number of younger players will be the difference between success or failure

Sides in our position, pick players on output, we aren't in rebuild mode, where we should be pouring games into youth, we are in win mode

Many different strategies could assist us, in taking the next step, even a flag

Addition of ready made players, developing youth, health and continiuty of the list, tweaking the gameplan, even a talented draftee

So in regards to the trade/draft period, I wouldn't be putting all our eggs in one particular basket

In the same way, thinking, playing a certain number of younger players will be the difference between success or failure

Sides in our position, pick players on output, we aren't in rebuild mode, where we should be pouring games into youth, we are in win mode
Love you post but fail to see us in Win mode

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A long time to play out but I hope we're not the party at the dance who ends the night without a dance partner because we were just playing the field.

If all it is is going out and securing that additional pick then find the dance partner that isn't as locked in on something else (e.g. Gold Coast and Collingwood).
Why not be the one who takes a dance partner home and then comes back before the end and finds another?

The only thing I’m afraid of, is how toxic this place is gonna get if Houston does have an AA calibre season for them.

Also, I do worry for whoever our pick 12 ends up being, added pressure on the lad and he doesn’t even know it yet.
Don’t think pick 12 would be under any additional scrutiny…

Lloyd, Austin and Voss and the playing group will be under big pressure next year… Wright will want to stamp his blueprint and the football department is his specialty…

Would argue it’s avoidable though… Getting Houston.

The more I think about it, seeing what Voss has done with Newman, Houston could be monstrous for us.

Ah well, the great unknown now.

If we got Houston and he didn't move the needle, but a player in the area of the draft we gave up picks in, turns out to be a gun .... the angst will happen regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back