Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Wright walking into Ikon Park this morning ...

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE
Just about to finish his morning coffee and get stuck in. Meanwhile over at the filth Leppa is working the Penske file..
IMG_1807.jpeg

IMO the deal for Fantasia and extensions for Durdin Cottrell Young way before their contracts ended have forced Owies out. I have never undertood why we did these
This, right here is the issue.

As much as I’ve loved Austin’s work during the Trade Period, his LM work earlier in the year was strange given how tight list spots are. Durdin did not deserve an extension. Cotts… maybe, but it could have waited until now. As for Young, I can appreciate why they did it—we need KPD depth—but, again, it could have waited until the end of the year.

If the Weagles are interested in Owies. I'm all for this... I know they wont... but just throwing it out there.
12, 14 + Owies for 3, 63.
I am thinking if it is the Weagles, we try to get a package deal. Owies and Bot (Carroll), who has always been going there.
Swap Brisbane’s F2 for West Coasts F2. Would improve our hand for next year if our NGA boys elevate.

Whatever we get for Chugga goes toward the Campo match or even another pick prior if it falls in place.

This ceiling chat is such bullshit. Owies has actually done something. Durdin and Motlop would be in the bottom 10% of smalls in the league on output.

Injuries ruined Motlop's 2024.
In 2023 he kicked 24 goals in 19 games as a 19 year old.

For comparison, Owies played a single game as a 23 year old. He was 24 when he played his second game.
And didn't kick more than 15 goals until last year, when he was 26.

I am thinking if it is the Weagles, we try to get a package deal. Owies and Bot (Carroll), who has always been going there.
Swap Brisbane’s F2 for West Coasts F2. Would improve our hand for next year if our NGA boys elevate.

Whatever we get for Chugga goes toward the Campo match or even another pick prior if it falls in place.
Eagle's F2 would be a massive get for us. Could package that with other things to move 12/14 up the draft significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This ceiling chat is such bullshit. Owies has actually done something. Durdin and Motlop would be in the bottom 10% of smalls in the league on output.
So many times Owies marked the ball this/last season & I reminded myself he’s a great set shot - and he delivered.

I’ll miss that security.

Our F50 efficiency problem is twofold;

1. How we transition & deliver the ball
2. The two-dimensional nature of our forward group - per Charles & H.

It could be the coaching group seeks a multi-dimensional forward line spreading Owies 30 goals across a wider group - making us less predictable & more dynamic.

Injuries ruined Motlop's 2024.
In 2023 he kicked 24 goals in 19 games as a 19 year old.

For comparison, Owies played a single game as a 23 year old. He was 24 when he played his second game.
And didn't kick more than 15 goals until last year, when he was 26.

That's a nice bit of gaslighting..... you know as well as me that Owies' pathway was entirely different to most and that he's done remarkably well to 'catch up' to the vast majority of others who played footy right through their teenage years....

Mots - the jury's still out. His best is terrific, problem is his worst is lamentable....

Call Carlton players list cloggers and I’ll call you out.

If you think that’s being on my “high horse” then I’m more than happy to stay there.

Plenty of ways to express your view without resorting to insults against our players.

Pressure is not a strength of any of Motlop, Durdin, Williams or Owies. 3 of those players have contracts, so they are staying. Owies isn’t copping the brunt of it, he’s a victim of circumstance. He’s 5 years older than 2 of the 3 and the other is on a large deal and isn’t moveable even if we wanted to

LOL

now we're offended over simple observations / criticisms on a footy forum...

should we all just all hold hands and sing kumbaya?

have a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back