Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d rather a crack at pick 3 than Houston personally

Also think 12 and 14 is better for our list. Dan Houston is a quick fix doesn’t solve much long term, plus his salary would stop us from getting better options later
Houston gets majority of his stats kicking out. Not to say he isn't a good player. I just don't think he's the game changer people think he is.

An absolute **** up from Austin.

Houston would transform our ball movement from D50.

But these 2 kids well pick up will be great in 2-3 years.

FMD
Pick 3 is the pick Sheezel was taken with, if we got that we have every chance to have a player who impacts round 1 2025

Hollands debuted in round 1, 2023 and kicked the ball to Acres in our SF win - he was taken with pick 11 IIRC in a shallow draft

This is a super draft, we could get that Viking kid whatever his name is who could play intercepting defender round 1

We could get a small forward who kicks 20+ in his first season, the first round is littered with class

Houston is a jet, but he is better suited to Collingwoods requirements than ours

I rate Houston highly. Fantastic player

In 2025 we will have Saad, Cowan, Boyd, Docherty, Cincotta, Ollie, Wilson, both Campo twins, maybe Travaglia as running HB options. We are in a great spot

We can now focus on better, quicker mids and maybe an X factor small forward

We can also now enjoy re signing TDK and targeting 1 or 2 guns this time next year to help us go back to back

All good :cool:

Hate to say it, but... It's been a sustainable model for Geelong.

I'd have had Geelong on a rebuild 5-6 years ago but they still keep going strong.

Been quiet this year's TP though...
Geelong are not that great. Won't win another flag with the current group. Next year or year after they will fall away. Many retirements.

The stand rule might favour older players. Helps them get around players on the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't believe Gold Coast.

They had better offers from clubs other than Collingwood.

Now they're going to pay Noble $800k and realistically he gets them no closer.

They go from one bad contract to another two or three.

Daniel Gorringe became a better footballer once he retired.
So did Luke Livingstone... also because they actually played him in the right position instead of trying to make a very attacking tall into a defender.

Yep. On massive coin. Over 1 million over 6 years I believe.
Luko has 2yrs to go on his current contract, which was reported at $1M per season (backended).

They start again after a trade, so not sure PTA will be paying the same moving forward (though with the salary cap increases these figures are not out of scope for such payments to be the norm for a host of players per squad).

I would prefer the draft risk inherent in pick 14(travaglia, berry) + possibility of anextra 100games the extra 600k of cap space for Dekonig

Rather than 100games from a high end half back blanker

If Houston played in a position of need KPD, Mid- I may think differently
Whatabout if Bailey Smith nominated for the draft in the belief that every club would wave him through to the cats pick. Would you take him at 14 in the belief we could talk him round Michael?

Whatabout if Bailey Smith nominated for the draft in the belief that every club would wave him through to the cats pick. Would you take him at 14 in the belief we could talk him round Michael?
Yes because Bailey Smith plays in a position of need and is younger, makes us significantly and immediately better

I’d rather a crack at pick 3 than Houston personally

Also think 12 and 14 is better for our list. Dan Houston is a quick fix doesn’t solve much long term, plus his salary would stop us from getting better options later
You're presuming they become players - it's about 50/50 chance for each.

And will contribute zip for 2-4 years.

Yes, Houston would have been a quick fix - for 5 years or so.... would have slammed us into premiership contention.

Dumb af, unless they're still trying to snare SDK or the TRAC...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back