Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people talking about impact of Tassie drafts but I thought they had tweeked the system to force them to trade some of the trade concessions for established players? If so, it’s arguably more of an opportunity to top up via draft than an ordinary year.

I am not sure pick 3 is better than 12 and 14. We aren't one or two players away from a premiership we are 4 or 5. Pick 3 would have more security but if we draft well, two really good players that fit into our team with 12 and 14 is a better result. It the draft is so good I'm not sure this is the best result. Hope we get it right.

I'm surprised we are in contention for pick 3 with what we're offering.

I wouldn't be shocked if we head to the draft with 12 + 14
I mean 12 + 14 and Carroll + Owies, Id even chuck in Kennedy, isnt anything to bulk at

Allows the Eagles to get Baker and have a pick in the top 15 still

A lot of people talking about impact of Tassie drafts but I thought they had tweeked the system to force them to trade some of the trade concessions for established players? If so, it’s arguably more of an opportunity to top up via draft than an ordinary year.
According to The Age, the Tasmanian club is expected to be handed four to five first-round priority picks for the 2027, 2028 and 2029 drafts, with two of those selections from each draft required to be traded to gain experienced talent.

If the club is unable to trade one of those selections to attain players, that selection will be carried into the following year's draft.

Source: https://www.zerohanger.com/likely-draft-pick-allocation-for-new-tasmanian-afl-club-revealed-136386/

I think we get pick 3 now. Odds shortening considerably. Reckon it will be done by tomorrow morning.
Is there a third club involved ? Thanks Eric for the tid bits !

I am not sure pick 3 is better than 12 and 14. We aren't one or two players away from a premiership we are 4 or 5. Pick 3 would have more security but if we draft well, two really good players that fit into our team with 12 and 14 is a better result. It the draft is so good I'm not sure this is the best result. Hope we get it right.

I think we are a healthy list away from the pointy end. Whether it was Houston or Pick 3, it would have marginal impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton - Pick 3, Pick 26, Pick 63

WC - Jack Carroll, Liam Baker, Picks 12&24

Richmond - Matt Kennedy, Pick 14

Am I the only one who thinks Carroll is worth holding on too?
Smooth mover, will get better…would be a mistake to let him go for peanuts imo.

I like him, and wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.
The problem is how tight we are for list spots. Maybe if we trade up for 3 we might draft 1 less and keep him, but I think we're probably still too tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back