Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

But I thought that we didnt want a 2nd rounder as it gets handed over for Ben Campo if someone bids before 26?
Ultimately, it doesnt matter as we are either left with nothing picks after 3 or we have to spend them on the Campos.
The odds would be in our favour that there wouldn't be a bid for Ben before 26. Might be a project KPD at that pick like Whitlock or O'Farrell. There's every chance that our late picks might pay for Ben with Lucas attracting no bid.

To be fair though it is hardly worth worrying too much about something that may not happen and if it did would probably be completely different to what we have been told so far.

Last edited:
I'm 100% fine with a coach saying he'd like to recruit player x.

But it's the list manager's job to vet the idea and pursue a trade only if it can be achieved at reasonable value.

All available evidence suggests Austin stood his ground and didn't get bullied / sucked into overpaying.
Couldn't agree more.

The big thing for mine is, that's why we pay Austin, Agresta and their team!

Do people really not think Voss and the LM team have met most weeks this year? it didn't just start two weeks ago when Houston became available or when we all needed Bluemours, it started last year!

These guys would be on the same page and each have a list of desires v reality, knowing our list and our cap room. I think they would all have agreed on selecting a list of perfered options in order of preference, or does that only happen here?

There is no 'crazy Vossy' trading rubbish

The odds would be in our favour that there wouldn't be a bid for Ben before 26. Might be a project KPD at that pick like Whitlock or O'Farrell. There's every chance that our late picks might pay for Ben with Lucas attracting no bid.
I'm not going to comment anymore on what we 'might' get until it's done and dusted.
As we stand right now, with 12 & 14, Carroll & Kennedy, I think that is a way better option than losing it all for pick 3.
At least we might either get a late offer for MK, or keep him (with no Salary cap strain without Houston).

It's actually my dream job, I've done very well in the passed without sounding like an arrogant prick...

We only have your say so on that, and you haven't managed to land a gig, you have nothing on the line.

Do you have a recorded body of work on YouTube or something?

Blues Clues if you have an iPhone/iPad and recently updated to iOS 18 and if you are using Tapatalk/BigFooty app, best to stop using the app and use a browser like Chrome until the issue below has even resolved.

This is what your posts look like when you are quoting someone:-

View attachment 2141288
Legend. I was wondering what was going wrong. Thank you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Leppa he’s thinking wtf have i done

Leppa sleepless tonight

I Cant Sleep Night Owl GIF by catgrass

I’d rather a crack at pick 3 than Houston personally

Also think 12 and 14 is better for our list. Dan Houston is a quick fix doesn’t solve much long term, plus his salary would stop us from getting better options later

How is Houston a quick fix? We just signed Weitering to a 6 year deal.

The coach is part of list management. They are the advisor. They are a massive part of recruitment. They don't pick the individuals, they pick they types and traits. Sometimes they suggest an individual and that is fine.

The coach's job is to know what the team needs to go forward. It's the coaches jobs to advise list management what the team needs and what traits to avoid and to look for.

One of the biggest issues we have had with recruitment for the last 20 years is that list management have not been well advised by coaching.

An example of that is that a lot of the top teams currently are the quicker more agile sides. This is because the coaches of those sides are high quality and got in early days when they got wind of the anti-congestion rules. The really good coaches saw how this would change the game and directed list management to go for quicker agily types. They got in early.

We had Teague more focused on keeping his job and Voss coming in a little slow to adjust to things so we are a little behind teams like Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane etc.

Voss has every right to advise list management on what types he wants, who he wants and what traits he does and does not want. That's on him. It's the list management team's job to settle on who those individuals are.

Voss is very important to our recruitment.

You can 100% guarantee that Buckley and McRae after him, John Longmire, Chris Scott, Chris Fagan etc have all gone to their list management and asked for pace, run down players and good tacklers all over the field.

Coach's direction to list management is very important.
Coach’s direction is what has me bloody nervous - it’s the same bloke who subbed off Kennedy & thought it was a good idea to play Kennedy/Cerra off half back & wanted Faz etc

So Houston was on our radar after all but Pies with a deal that we were never going to entertain

We were never going to pay overs, and no need to given our list

Didn’t i see you say you thought 12 and a F2 was the most you’d pay? Isn’t the reported trade work out to be 13 and 29 for Houston?

Don't get the Albert Proud humour when he served 5 years for attempted murder of his girlfriend......

Best well forgotten imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back