Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how I feel about this pick 3 scenario. Feels like we’re giving up a lot to get it. If this draft is as deep as suspected, why not go in with two top 20 picks. I know nothing about list management or the draft crop though. Just doesn’t sit all that well.

As usual, the draft is pumped up a couple of months out. 6 months ago, it was a 'below average' year with only the top handful rated.

The question you need to ask yourself is, do you want 2 Ollies or 1 Sheezel/Walsh...?

**** me, we would be actually burning the place down if we did something this stupid.
Baker is not a star, good footballer but surely not worth more than a mid first at absolute best.
If all these tiger “stars” were so good, why the **** was the team so bad!
Tigers are have sold “polished turds” as diamonds, good players in a very solid side but hardly game changers in an ordinary one

**** me, we would be actually burning the place down if we did something this stupid.
Baker is not a star, good footballer but surely not worth more than a mid first at absolute best.
If all these tiger “stars” were so good, why the **** was the team so bad!
Tigers are have sold “polished turds” as diamonds, good players in a very solid side but hardly game changers in an ordinary one

To be fair, they sound pretty close to burning down said house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can everyone who says they want Draper please acknowledge he does nothing to solve our kicking issues?

Small request. “Despite his below standard kicking I think we should pick him due to his pace”

He doesn't kick darts but I don't think his kicking is bad by any means. He doesn't seem to trust himself too much when kicking on the run. When he can take some time to set himself he can make some very nice kicks.

I am more focused on what he is rather than what he isn't. He is extremely clean picking up loose balls and is an amazing link up player, at stoppages he looks to handball first, burst run second, bomb kick last. He has proved his defensive midfield credentials against men in the SANFL, and he is highly touted as a leader. Not to mention he is absolutely rapid.

He doesn't kick darts but I don't think his kicking is bad by any means. He doesn't seem to trust himself too much when kicking on the run. When he can take some time to set himself he can make some very nice kicks.

I am more focused on what he is rather than what he isn't. He is extremely clean picking up loose balls and is an amazing link up player, at stoppages he looks to handball first, burst run second, bomb kick last. He has proved his defensive midfield credentials against men in the SANFL, and he is highly touted as a leader. Not to mention he is absolutely rapid.
Look I don’t want to trigger people but he reminds me of Dow kicking inside 50

Values Baker and Owies at 18 collectively as far as what West Coast pay. Seems unders.

Values Baker at 44 and Kennedy as far as what West Coast get. Seems unders.

Values Kennedy and Owies collectively at Pick 30 which seems fine.

We need Richmond to be okay with it.

Yeah Tigers are copping a hit there...

In isolation, it's essentially 14 for Baker and Kennedy for 24.

tbh, struggling to figure out how to give them more. WC wouldn't want to pay another cent and we just don't have anything else.

Whether this plays out as a win or huge mistake it’s brilliant that we have obviously come in to trade week with a clear & established plan, then meticulously picked off key pieces, working with other clubs to deliver the outcome we were after.
Smart work by us, pretty bloody happy about it & trust that we know what we are doing - it’s a nice change 😉

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back