Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

If the club falls apart due to losing Owies and Kennedy, we haven't built anything much to begin with.
Agreed. Not sure why everyone is so concerned. The "You don't know what these guys mean the club" kind of mentality, well across the past 2 yrs when we're supposed to be in premiership contention we've really only had 10 great weeks of footy. 2023 season we were basically saying sack Voss for half a season, then went on a great run. This year was very patchy.

If these 2 are so crucial to the culture of a "premiership contender" from 2 yrs of patchy form then we bigger issues. I'd suggest they're great guys who were well liked, but I'd be surprised if either were really a barometer for the club off-field, or indeed on field. Kennedy in particular is a fan favourite, but I don't think he's ever been hugely important either way to our success on field. I liked him too, but he's a 18-22 level player and always was with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris :rolleyes:

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Kennedy isn't leaving because those 3 are signed.
Maybe you could argue that Owies is leaving because of the Durdin contract.

But if right now I had to choose 1 of Durdin or Owies to keep, as long as he passes the medical with his shoulders, I'm picking Durds. He's way more dynamic. Has upside.
I know it's easy to want to forget Fantasia.

Yeh. I hate it as well. I keep going back to 2-3 year extensions for Durdin Cottrell Young before their deals were done. Just nuts

It has cost us players like Kennedy who is much better player, and IMO that is a massive mistake
Owies yes Kennedy no …. Kennedy wants midfield time… was not gonna get it ahead of the slower types

So what’s changed in this so called mega deal from yesterday? Nothing i can see.

Haha Port, you just didnt play tough enough with your arch enemy.

Collingwood always get what they want.

Hope it blows up in their faces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back