Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

That deal has Port getting 13 and 29 for Houston, that’s not much and a deal we could have easily matched.

Really disappointed in the LM team that we are so tight cap wise we can’t add quality when it’s available

We would have still had a top 15 pick to take to the draft as well
How could we have easily matched that?
The only way is if we had have gotten a trade for Owies or Kennedy in the 20s

OK Let me put it another way (for the sake of those 14 points);

So we started this trade period with Picks 11, 31, 62, 65, 68 which became 12, 32, 63, 66, 69

We lose Owies for nothing, and we trade 12, 14, Carrol & Kennedy to get to Pick 3, having already traded A future first, a future second, 32, 63, 66, to get 14, 72 & 89.

So effectively we will have traded 12, 14, 32, 63, 66, Carroll & Kennedy, A future first, a future second, to get 3, 72, 89

We come out of it with: Pick 3, 69, 72, 89.

On what planet is that a good deal?

I see your point but I feel like you either include 14 in your list, or F1 + F2, not both.

Carrol and Kennedy wouldn't be traded for nothing either.

Also, we got F2 as well.

According to The Age, the Tasmanian club is expected to be handed four to five first-round priority picks for the 2027, 2028 and 2029 drafts, with two of those selections from each draft required to be traded to gain experienced talent.

If the club is unable to trade one of those selections to attain players, that selection will be carried into the following year's draft.

Source: https://www.zerohanger.com/likely-draft-pick-allocation-for-new-tasmanian-afl-club-revealed-136386/
Right. So two first round picks compelled to be traded. Having our own pick bumped 4-5 spots ain’t ideal, but there will remain opportunities

In what world is finn a top 10 pick, I would be so shattered if we get him presuming we get pick 3, has to be draper or smilie, pretty easy tbh... Lalor next in line after those boys along with jagga, please don't get Finn Austin!
I can't see it with O'Sullivan at all. Reckon he's the bust of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s wrong.
It doesn't really matter beyond the last pick worth any points anyway because they aren't helping with the Campo points match.

Why no love for Langford
Classy smooth left footer id have him over
OSullivan tbh
If we had pick 3 I'd be going
Langford,Smith,Lalor or Draper
Lalor is probably the highest risk but also could be an absolute star

Lalor and Draper are certs to make it big at the next level.

Draper finished in the SANFL for 7 games, averaging 24 disposals as a 17 year old, and was arguably his clubs best player.

Fast, great ground ball pick up, evasive, takes the game on and already a good size. Could easily play round 1 next year (see SANFL stats above).

He's everything we wanted Dow to be. He does not get past Adelaide at 4.

Lalor I really really like as well, but injuries have cruelled him. He just moves like an AFL player (GAJ like), has mongrel, takes the game on, and looks the goods.

I think if Lalor had more exposed form this year, he'd he the cert for Pick 1.

Jagga Smith racks up crazy numbers for a wiry kid. He's just not as damaging as the other two I mention above.

I dont get the hype for O'Sullivan, so if we get pick 3, he's probably the one we get.

Here's a fresh rumor from a non-Carlton source that I'd like one of our insiders to confirm or deny.

The Hollands boys have either done so or are in the process of hiring a professional running coach to help with their technique over the summer.

Just love how a bunch of grumpy folks know so much more than recruiters coaches or executive staff about players and football in general.

Its jolly amusing.
We can pick talent as well mate, your acting as if recruiter's are bullet proof, Finn is a mistake and of it were to happen, I'd love to get pulled up on it in years to come

I'm not fussed if we land Houston or not but I really don't want him going to our biggest rivals who will be competing for a top 4 spot with us. Have a feeling he will improve them a fair bit.

Is a shame.

Freo? Port? Lions? Swans? Nah not going there

Not scott Pendlebury and Steele Sidebottom's Collingwood, be shocked if they're top 4 next year

Imagine the third club is Richmond or Hawks....

Hawks: Barrass
Eagles: Picks 12 + 14 (Blues) + F1 (Hawks)
Carlton: F2 (Hawks) + Picks 3 & 26 (Eagles)

Hawks get Barrass for what they're already offering to pay (F1+F2)
Eagles turn their first and second into two 3 first rounders
We get pick 3 and some change
Pick 26 is more than change. Don’t get me wrong I love this scenario and I hope it happens but pick 26 is a good pick to get back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back