Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 3 would need to be a superstar. If we get pick 26 and 3. That could be alright. Generally the top 30 picks in a draft are good.

It's a bit of do we get a star and a good solid player or do we get two really good players?

I just hope that going for pick 3 is because the player there is special and not because we don't have confidence in our ability to recruit really good players at 12 and 14.

Hopefully we are bang on the money with what we are trying to do.
This was/is my concern. I suspect getting the picks is easier than finding the diamonds lower down the order.

I’m really on the fence, I think I prefer taking 12 & 14 into the draft, but if 3 is an outstanding talent then it makes more sense as it really could impact immediately & we are more likely to get games into the kids right away.

Either way I hope we make bold selection decisions in MC & really roll our young players thru the midfield rotations & forward/back line.

FOS was touted as a potential #1 earlier... but an injury plagued/underwhelming season has put some question marks on him... I'm a bit more worried about how injury prone he might be... could have just been bad luck this year, or could be a sign of things to come like it was with Marchbank...

Smith - would probably be the heir to Cripps' throne
Draper - classy mid with pace
Lalor - petracca like

The injuries he had were broken bones in the hand for the overwhelming majority of his time missed, it’s not ongoing soft tissue or anything else chronic

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we offer 14 and Owies to GC for 13?
That would really stuff the Pies...and give us even more options.
GC doesn't need another small forward.

On the other hand... based on GC's trading history they'd probably trade 13 for 14 straight up... :tearsofjoy:

I wonder if going for pick 3 is finding a compromise between now vs future focus.

3 could play 15 years but also impact from round 1. That is far less likely with the players available at 12 and 14.
Gotta nail pick 3…

Absolutely nail it that is

Tigers have liked Lalor for a while

North, I have no idea, and it's interesting they too are looking to trade out
North sliding down is a good move IMO - assuming Lalor goes to Richmond, the next 4-5 names are pure midfielders of which North have a surplus (LDU, Powell, Sheezel, Colby, Simpkin, Phillips, Wardlaw etc).

Wouldn’t surprise me if there is a deal done with St Kilda or Richmond.

Pies are going to be a lot better with their defense reinvigorated, Houston and Perryman both are above average players and they’ll be more impressive at the new team. Releases Daicos boys too, they’ll be very close to top 4 material again. Keep our fingers crossed it’s not so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back