Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone really has to explain this to me like I'm stupid. Cos I'm struggling to see where it's bad for them.

They pick up two future 1st round picks for whoever is coming through their academy next year.

They add a 2nd round pick that helps them get Lombardo.

They ditch the horrendous $1.2 million salary attached to Lukosiuos for 2025 and 2026.

They ditch the final year of Atkins $400K.

Struggling to see how its bad. They have everything they wanted.

It was a good deal for GC.

Port absolutely laughable. I bet WCE supporters furious about the pick 3 Owies deal will sleep a lot sounder tonight knowing they didn't do the worst trade of this trade period (so far)

Austin not satisfied with what Dogs are offering?

Dogs willing to take him on but not all of his salary?

Dogs only want to give us a minor pick upgrade and that doesn't help us enough to warrant trading him out?

Dogs don't want him unless the Macrae and/or Daniel deal is done to their satisfaction is my guess.

Maybe not the best result, but why pretty bad?

There's talk they need to relieve Caleb's salary from their books so that could be extra incentive.
I wouldn't know the salary stuff at the dogs... Would've thought losing MacRae and Smith would be more than enough
If speed and acceleration were critical attributes for a KPD - then Sam Frost would have an AA and Weitering would be delisted.

It’s more about positioning and bodying your opponent than stand start race.
Weits has also openly said and it's been seen to be true that over 10-20m or so he's got wheels for his size. He's only 'slow' over that 40-50+m, which as I said. He admits. Think we've all seen weits in the 1v1 footrace back towards goal and never stopped to think oh he's only lost 1 yard to Charlie Cameron in a turn and 30m sprint....

TDK, Young, Harry & SOS, maybe we have enough

TDK has only had one great season. This season. Always a risk we lose him end of next year.

Young is backup KPD. Probably won't be on the list after next year.

Harry needs to stay forward and uninjured.

SOS playing down back next year.

Pitto is the ideal 2nd ruck. We signed him long term for a reason. Look at his stats, they reveal part of the picture as well.

Mitch Cleary saying it’s contingent on Macrae getting to us.
lol. First thought was "we're not after Macrae..." Hope it gets sorted out. But in the scheme of things it's not a big deal for us, happy to keep Kennedy if it falls through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TDK has only had one great season. This season. Always a risk we lose him end of next year.

Young is backup KPD. Probably won't be on the list after next year.

SOS playing down back next year.

Pitto is the ideal 2nd ruck. We signed him long term for a reason. Look at his stats, they reveal part of the picture as well.
Who knopws, Pitto with a new midfield and injury free may flourish

Someone really has to explain this to me like I'm stupid. Cos I'm struggling to see where it's bad for them.

They pick up two future 1st round picks for whoever is coming through their academy next year.

They add a 2nd round pick that helps them get Lombardo.

They ditch the horrendous $1.2 million salary attached to Lukosiuos for 2025 and 2026.

They ditch the final year of Atkins $400K.

Struggling to see how its bad. They have everything they wanted.

They just paid a plodder $650k per year.

They're about to pay someone else to play the same position $850k per year tomorrow.

At least Rioli can football. But that's 1.5 million into two half backs in the space of 24 hours.

And if there's a team that doesn't need to worry about future picks for academy players it's the Suns.

Could we make a play for Pick 4 & Rachele with Pick 3 & Kennedy/Kemp compensation?
This was floated this morning in the no-discuss section as a contingency if the muted Petracca deal fell over.

What was that song from the 80's about 'trying to get your attention, back on track never gonna look on back'?

Insert You Tube video.

Get on Trac!

pitto has small and hard hands. Don't think he'll ever suddenly start taking marks at any rate higher than his current output
I think his role would be the centre bounce where he can rough up the oppo rucks before TDK is unleashed. It will all depend on how much speed we can add to the midfield. otherwise he slows us down.

Young is backup KPD. Probably won't be on the list after next year. **contracted until 2026, likely to see it out without any takers for his services

SOS playing down back next year. **OOC 2025

Pitto is the ideal 2nd ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back