Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t normally rate what Brereton says but I think he nails this about the draft.

Having a pick inside the top 3 can get you a player you can build a side around perhaps an all time great,having a pick around pick 12 gets you a good player.

What not have the opportunity in getting another Bont/Cripps instead of a Bruhn/Gibcus

Big difference.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m rapt with the trades we’ve made to get pick 3 but using cripps as an argument for having pick 3 instead of 12 and 14 is pretty flawed. If we’d made the same trades in cripps’ draft year, we wouldn’t have him.

If Kemp is their target for Battle replacement then I wonder how big a war chest they're offering him.

They've offered some random young players big.coin (not just stars like Weiters or Mac Andrew) that they're looking as desperate ss North Melbourne were

Well if Cleary is right.

Hopefully that means we have Landed Macrae for P47 (will come in to roughly 40). Because we aren’t offering much else.

Then it’s just the Kemp deal to work on

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

We can expect a lot more of this from SOS over the next few years. Thankfully he's the LM at a rabble club & I can't see any players wanting to move across.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
We’ll have players underneath our top tier that will get tempting offers, and likely in the case of BK, quite a bit overs when that money is covering a player that has left a club that had substantial allocated funds for a positional type of player (Battle).

Combined with SOS’s MO of mining his previous draftees, we can expect a few knocks on the door, however the numbers remaining from his tenure (not on L/T contracts) are lessening vs the Austin crew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I love Pommy, I’ll be shocked if we get 25 for Kennedy. I’m not shocked if North use 25 on Caleb, but I can’t see it being part of a Kennedy deal. There’s a chance we get 35 with fingers crossed that the bid for Campo comes after that. Not sure Austin would take 48, although I think that’s Kennedy’s realistic value. (Don’t @ me).

I have a horrible feeling we're all going to be disappointed with the Kennedy trade.

Has Austin ever got anything of significant value back for any of the players we've lost, that were getting a game at that time? Obtained virtually nothing for any of SPS, Stocker, Setterfield, Dow, Martin, Owies. Yeah most of those may be ordinary types most of the time, but so is John Noble. Kennedy is a better player, but we've rather disrespectfully forced him out.

I honestly think 25 would be a fair trade, just can't see us negotiating well enough to get that. I hope to be proven wrong on this point. Let's see.

With my tin foil hat freshly polished & firmly on…

It’s interesting that SOS thought it worthwhile to chase Kemp - he’s not about to kick tires just for fun & 100% he gets very good info on the mood/feeling of the players & there relationship with Voss.

Has been noted by a few that Kemp has not been a favorite & has not been well managed/developed.

Same said about Kennedy too.

100% do not want to see him go, it is an interesting development that he’s had a crack thou, pleasing that they see him as worth taking as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back