Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 National Draft discussion belongs in this thread:-

Thanks all!

On Gettable they said that GWS has some interest in Jack Carroll as a dfa

He'll play ressies there. He needs to get to WA.

SPS should have made it
I'm not sure SPS ever really had the overall game or physical profile.

He wasn't fast, wasn't strong, wasn't overly agile, didn't have a big tank. Athletically he was a C grader, and to overcome that you need some elite attributes, which he also didn't really have.

His skill was often hyped as elite, but he was limited to 45m kicks at best.

Could see his creativity in spurts, particularly when we were dominating a game, but under any heat he really struggled.

????

He played key forward and got double teamed by Wilkie and friends. One of the best one on one defenders in the league. Can't wait till we have smalls who demand being defended so the blatant disrespectful double and triple teaming can stop.

Owies rarely even had a man on him, opposition defense's just doubled the threat. Cost them (opposition's) 30 goals over the season but probably saved way more being kicked by the good forwards....

Basically. Kemp didn't do nothing. He attracted 2-3 players every contest. Someone else has to stand up when that happens.
Well said.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

????

He played key forward and got double teamed by Wilkie and friends. One of the best one on one defenders in the league. Can't wait till we have smalls who demand being defended so the blatant disrespectful double and triple teaming can stop.

Owies rarely even had a man on him, opposition defense's just doubled the threat. Cost them (opposition's) 30 goals over the season but probably saved way more being kicked by the good forwards....

Basically. Kemp didn't do nothing. He attracted 2-3 players every contest. Someone else has to stand up when that happens.
Exactly! Kemp has never played as the third tall forward.

The weakest part of our forward line is the lack of players who are good overhead. A lot of teams have good small and medium forwards who are good overhead. Our small and medium players have no overhead game at all so our ball movement goes through the same two players all the time.

With Kemp, McKay, Curnow and Moir forward next season we are going to be really unpredictable. All four of those player will make each other better.

We will simply go through the better option rather than be hamstrung on where and who we can go to. Means more space and more one on ones.

If we can also improve and quicken our ball movement then that will mean we have one of the more dangerous forward lines in the game.

Kemp excites me, he will get space because the congestion will go to Harry and Charlie. He's got pace. He's going to be tall tall and quick for a lot of opponents. Then there is Moir who's going to kick the odd bag next season because no one is going to go to him or respect him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weakest part of our forward line is the lack of players who are good overhead. A lot of teams have good small and medium forwards who are good overhead. Our small and medium players have no overhead game at all so our ball movement goes through the same two players all the time.

With Kemp, McKay, Curnow and Moir forward next season we are going to be really unpredictable. All four of those player will make each other better.

We will simply go through the better option rather than be hamstrung on where and who we can go to. Means more space and more one on ones.

If we can also improve and quicken our ball movement then that will mean we have one of the more dangerous forward lines in the game.

Kemp excites me, he will get space because the congestion will go to Harry and Charlie. He's got pace. He's going to be tall tall and quick for a lot of opponents. Then there is Moir who's going to kick the odd bag next season because no one is going to go to him or respect him.

...and he can play as a swingman and thrown back when needed.

Might sound silly but I wonder how he'd go as that JSOS style second ruckman at times. He's got a bloody leap on him and is strong.

I'm completely neutral on Kemp. Glad that we didn't firesale him, especially to the Saints . However he hasn't particularly moved the needle at all yet. Can't ever see him being a midfielder despite what some on here say. Definitely isn't a KPD.

I've said it many times, has great hands but doesn't seem to be able to body players or handle being bodied himself. Nice step, good long kick but not a good set shot.

This must be his year. Work on his weaknesses and if JSOS is going back there will be opportunities up forward. Grab those opportunities and he will have a long career in the navy blue. However it might be time for some on here to view him through the same set of glasses that they use to critique others.

Don’t think we can delist J. Carroll now with the interest from GWS and having traded Kennedy. I’d back him in to have a good year next year. He’s still ahead of Lord in the pecking order and is number 1 depth mid for us now.

Also surprised we won’t be taking a DFA according to an article I read today. Looks like we’ll be trialling a few for SSP spots. Grainger-Barrass, McMahon etc.

Don’t think we can delist J. Carroll now with the interest from GWS and having traded Kennedy. I’d back him in to have a good year next year. He’s still ahead of Lord in the pecking order and is number 1 depth mid for us now.

Also surprised we won’t be taking a DFA according to an article I read today. Looks like we’ll be trialling a few for SSP spots. Grainger-Barrass, McMahon etc.

I think Lord is ahead of Carroll already and one of the reasons we traded Kennedy as he provides good cover in his role and has a lot more upside.

Last edited:
I think Lord is ahead of Carroll already and one of the reasons we delisted Kennedy as he provides good cover in his role and has a lot more upside.

I like Lord and I think he’ll be very good but the hype on him on here is crazy at this point. Carroll is more versatile at this stage still IMO.

I like Lord and I think he’ll be very good but the hype on him on here is crazy at this point. Carroll is more versatile at this stage still IMO.
Lord’s strength is his hands in congestion, reading it’s also a strength of Draper, Cripps not bad at it either…..

Wondering if Draper is the absolute right fit….

We need some silky kicking runners to give it to on the outside!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back