Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

When fit Cripps Walsh Cerra Hewett Dochety Elijah Lord is as good as anyone. Will get better this year with Pick 3, Fogarty, Kemp, Durdin, Williams, Motlop helping as well

This is supported by TDK who is as good a game winning Ruck as there is in the AFL
With all due respect, I disagree.

Our midfield will likely be on par with WB and maybe GC but it doesn't compare to Pt., Swans, BL even the Pies if they don't age.

I believe that our hard-earned #3 should have been used for Petracca this year. Next year, he goes to his childhood club and we've been out-played again.

We had a real opportunity to provide meaningful assistance to Cripps for a genuine tilt at it but we've gone safe after all the trading boldness.

I only popped into this site for the draft so I'll leave it at that and CU next year.

Cheers

We have enough players who bomb it into F50 without looking, and he's a poor kick as it is.
Funny how people see highlights videos differently - I think I've seen FOS hit a target once in 3 videos, whereas I see Draper and Smith both hitting passes at will whilst either running full-tilt or under heavy pressure, and rarely missing.
Maybe I've missed something but the FOS "highlights" videos I've seen are not "highlights" at all. I just don't see it. 🤷
Love how people see different things from the same footage, I watched it and what sticks in my mind is him taking a grab on the wing then hitting an absolute 45m tracer right on the money into the middle to open up the play 🤷‍♂️
He sprayed a couple shots on goal but looked to me to have penetration & accuracy with his kicking

Not sure I deserve that clip over the ear.
I'm open to any of these kids, but can you please direct me to a video where FOS hits targets going forward/inside 50? Around the ground even?
I want to get onboard but I just don't see it.
Get on board the Jagga train, he’s better than both of those

I'm open to any of these kids, but can you please direct me to a video where FOS hits targets going forward/inside 50? Around the ground even?
O’Sullivan has a better Leg and Mark , finds space beautifully too.
Draper really doesn’t have a better leg.
Reckon we’ll end up with one of , O’Sullivan, Smith, Lalor or Draper in that order.

Last edited:
Apologies. There’s plenty of footage out there. Draper not bad with short passes but has no left foot and is not a classy ball user. FOS I wouldn’t classify as elite foot skills but damaging. Generally puts to advantage with penetration. Biggest knock on FOS is he is low production and can be caught htb a bit often.

Love how people see different things from the same footage, I watched it and what sticks in my mind is him taking a grab on the wing then hitting an absolute 45m tracer right on the money into the middle to open up the play 🤷‍♂️
He sprayed a couple shots on goal but looked to me to have penetration & accuracy with his kicking
He can kick it pretty far, no arguments.
All his vids are of individual games, I can't even tell if they're 23 or 24 half the time.
I'm looking to see what he brought to the table in 24 - the competition always gets tougher the older you get.

Whichever ones I've been watching he keeps getting pinged for holding the ball and bombs it a lot. Certainly has aggression but just looks rough as guts. This is the last one I saw:

Compare that to Smith:

And then Draper:
SANFL game that I saw he got owned by a much bigger player before working his way into the game a bit so I'm not sure he'll have immediate impact but still promising.

All videos against peers. For mine, Smith just knows what's happening around him, has great game sense, skills, and pace, but not a big kick. Still hits targets at will. Draper has crazy pace, can hit targets and has clean hands, but can be a bit of a headless chook. No kid in this draft has it all. I'd probably take Smith 1st, otherwise Draper. M Murphy wasn't a big kick but was a gun. Smith makes him look like a midget.

Last edited:
100% he does play
Agree, if Ollie Hollands played first year as a 70 something kilo twig Jagga will easily get a gig for us. I suspect the Tigers will take FOS and Lalor 1-2 once they trade with the Kangas.

I’m high on Smith as next in line followed by Draper. Ideally i’d go FOS, who seems more rounded than all the top mids.

Ashcroft and O’Sullivan are the 2 stand outs , reckon the top of the
of remains 8 or so midfielders is Langford , most well rounded , tall 190cm + good vision, leg and mark and forward craft pretty good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When fit Cripps Walsh Cerra Hewett Dochety Elijah Lord is as good as anyone. Will get better this year with Pick 3, Fogarty, Kemp, Durdin, Williams, Motlop helping as well

This is supported by TDK who is as good a game winning Ruck as there is in the AFL
I think it's time Williams plays as a Mid/Fwd.
We recruited him as a mid, but we were forced to play him in defense before the ACL.
His vision & disposal in spotting up our forwards would be what we need if we can get one of Motlop or Durdin to find form.
I think he plays well as a forward but would rather see him delivering it into the 50.

Breakout years coming for many of our developing kids imo. I feel we will see career years for;
OHollands
A Moir
C Lord
J Binns
TDK will also go to another level, something like his middle of the season but the entirety.
Not sure moir will be at that breakout level next year

Think he needs another season or 2

Still not convinced on Binns but I hope he and lord get given a good run of afl games

Ollie will have a much better year in 2025 - not sure if it will qualify as breakout year however

With pick 3 coming in also I expect players like hewett doch and even cerra to be under the pump

I suspect we may even end up with more afl grade players leaving next year just to make room for what we have coming through

Apologies. There’s plenty of footage out there. Draper not bad with short passes but has no left foot and is not a classy ball user. FOS I wouldn’t classify as elite foot skills but damaging. Generally puts to advantage with penetration. Biggest knock on FOS is he is low production and can be caught htb a bit often.

Yep... and probably a bit more often at AFL level too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back