Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

Permission to post from a PM ...

Had some good conversations with some Carlton people last night.
Nothing really different to what I have posted before.
More confirmation.

Lots of meetings and heavy discussions since final loss.
Some with coaches, some with leaders and even players themselves.

Many players haven't even gone overseas and ones that have, have still trained.
There is some anger and frustration around the club about end of year performances

I don't know results of meetings but a lot of 'concerns' were addressed around coaching, rehab, game plan and player attitudes. A lot of clearing of the air that will hopefully work

We will be adding to coaching

As for trades, Houston looks to be moving. Questions is where?
We are interested but will on our terms and that suits us. We aren't pushing this. Offer certainly won't be biggest

Austin still wants early draft picks and wants to make changes to list. For list balance and SC improvement.
This is being driven by Cook as well.

Kennedy & Owies have attracted interest elsewhere. I expect both to go.
Not much on Young but if someone is keen we will give him away.
Seems Martin talk is media talk. Not much interest and if so medical will be issue.

Very interesting few weeks ahead.

#Bluemour

Was having a chat to a player manager last night who happens to manage Carlton players and is also a Carlton fan.

His take is nothing new but reiterates what we've heard.

-Haines pretty much a lock
-Houston will happen unless he gets offered stupid money elsewhere
-Club does not rate owies because he's too slow and doesn't offer enough defensively. Not many other interested clubs either for the same reasons.
-SOS on the list because he's good for culture but that's not to say he's bad
#Bluemour

Had a great day yesterday. Supporters breakfast, GF and then to pub with family and friends

Game summed up my year in tipping. I picked Swans easily and Heeney for NSM 🙄

The evening of the competition means anyone can win these days if they are fit and get on a roll. I don’t buy this rebuild or takes time stuff.

Lots of talk around Houston. Many ITK believe he would like to come to us but it’s the deal that will be the issue. Austin has many targets and wants some early draft picks. So many scenarios were discussed. Bottom line is no one really knows as one deal could really affect another and it’s obvious we have so many balls in the air. We haven’t even discussed possible deal with Port. Everything is just speculation

With Tassie coming on we see this as last possibility for a while to get in top line young talent through draft

Kennedy & Owies likely to go now. Both have interest and have had medicals. Carroll probably done late as both clubs have other focuses. I’m not sure WCE are that keen? Young not attracting interest even though we will give him away

So many names and targets mentioned. We are definitely active. It just depends what we can get done. A number at club are excited by Campo twins. Think we will get two very good players cheaply.

Some players already training. Ops have happened for a few. Massive review of coaching still going. Stewart Dew was mentioned as possible target as Senior Asst

For all the discussion nothing has really changed from what I have been told for months. 1-2 early draft picks supported by some Elijah/Acres type deals and some smart mature/dfa picks

I know people would like more but this is the reality as I’m told
#Bluemour

Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

This deal may limit our options with Houston? This is MY assumption

I know the name but have been told not to post it. Sorry. I will when I can

*Mods. I can confirm source if needed

#Bluemour

It has been made VERY clear to me for weeks now and by several people

We want a couple of picks inside Top 25 and Pick 11 is not on the table
4-5 mature players either by trade, DFA or SSP to fill gaps
Picks for Campo twins

How that works and who those names are, are now the question

#Bluemour

Tom Papley is once again interested in returning to Victoria and we are at the front of the queue.

#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back