Hot Topic Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

Permission to post from a PM ...

Had some good conversations with some Carlton people last night.
Nothing really different to what I have posted before.
More confirmation.

Lots of meetings and heavy discussions since final loss.
Some with coaches, some with leaders and even players themselves.

Many players haven't even gone overseas and ones that have, have still trained.
There is some anger and frustration around the club about end of year performances

I don't know results of meetings but a lot of 'concerns' were addressed around coaching, rehab, game plan and player attitudes. A lot of clearing of the air that will hopefully work

We will be adding to coaching

As for trades, Houston looks to be moving. Questions is where?
We are interested but will on our terms and that suits us. We aren't pushing this. Offer certainly won't be biggest

Austin still wants early draft picks and wants to make changes to list. For list balance and SC improvement.
This is being driven by Cook as well.

Kennedy & Owies have attracted interest elsewhere. I expect both to go.
Not much on Young but if someone is keen we will give him away.
Seems Martin talk is media talk. Not much interest and if so medical will be issue.

Very interesting few weeks ahead.

#Bluemour

Was having a chat to a player manager last night who happens to manage Carlton players and is also a Carlton fan.

His take is nothing new but reiterates what we've heard.

-Haines pretty much a lock
-Houston will happen unless he gets offered stupid money elsewhere
-Club does not rate owies because he's too slow and doesn't offer enough defensively. Not many other interested clubs either for the same reasons.
-SOS on the list because he's good for culture but that's not to say he's bad
#Bluemour

Had a great day yesterday. Supporters breakfast, GF and then to pub with family and friends

Game summed up my year in tipping. I picked Swans easily and Heeney for NSM 🙄

The evening of the competition means anyone can win these days if they are fit and get on a roll. I don’t buy this rebuild or takes time stuff.

Lots of talk around Houston. Many ITK believe he would like to come to us but it’s the deal that will be the issue. Austin has many targets and wants some early draft picks. So many scenarios were discussed. Bottom line is no one really knows as one deal could really affect another and it’s obvious we have so many balls in the air. We haven’t even discussed possible deal with Port. Everything is just speculation

With Tassie coming on we see this as last possibility for a while to get in top line young talent through draft

Kennedy & Owies likely to go now. Both have interest and have had medicals. Carroll probably done late as both clubs have other focuses. I’m not sure WCE are that keen? Young not attracting interest even though we will give him away

So many names and targets mentioned. We are definitely active. It just depends what we can get done. A number at club are excited by Campo twins. Think we will get two very good players cheaply.

Some players already training. Ops have happened for a few. Massive review of coaching still going. Stewart Dew was mentioned as possible target as Senior Asst

For all the discussion nothing has really changed from what I have been told for months. 1-2 early draft picks supported by some Elijah/Acres type deals and some smart mature/dfa picks

I know people would like more but this is the reality as I’m told
#Bluemour

Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

This deal may limit our options with Houston? This is MY assumption

I know the name but have been told not to post it. Sorry. I will when I can

*Mods. I can confirm source if needed

#Bluemour

It has been made VERY clear to me for weeks now and by several people

We want a couple of picks inside Top 25 and Pick 11 is not on the table
4-5 mature players either by trade, DFA or SSP to fill gaps
Picks for Campo twins

How that works and who those names are, are now the question

#Bluemour

Tom Papley is once again interested in returning to Victoria and we are at the front of the queue.

#Bluemour

Have it on very good authority from an extremely reliable source (happy to pm a mod if don’t believe me), SDK wants to come to Carlton.

He is happy at Geelong but is questioning whether he would get games next year given he wasn’t selected in the finals series and doesn’t believe the MC when they say he’ll play based off not being picked.

Would only leave the cats for us however Geelong want pick and an F and the club is hesitant.

Cap space also an issue.

Watch this space

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Have it on very good authority from an extremely reliable source (happy to pm a mod if don’t believe me), SDK wants to come to Carlton.

He is happy at Geelong but is questioning whether he would get games next year given he wasn’t selected in the finals series and doesn’t believe the MC when they say he’ll play based off not being picked.

Would only leave the cats for us however Geelong want pick and an F and the club is hesitant.

Cap space also an issue.

Watch this space

#Bluemour

After further investigation, (once again happy to dm my source), Austin is willing to do 11 and a F1 if we get back Geelong F2. We will only do it if we know that our F2, Geelongs F2 and the owies, Carroll and young pick is enough to get a top 16 back as we want Berry desperately.

Our offer to SDK is 5M over 6 years not doing anymore as we need money for weitering and TDK extensions.

#Bluemour

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After further investigation, (once again happy to dm my source), Austin is willing to do 11 and a F1 if we get back Geelong F2. We will only do it if we know that our F2, Geelongs F2 and the owies, Carroll and young pick is enough to get a top 16 back as we want Berry desperately.

Our offer to SDK is 5M over 6 years not doing anymore as we need money for weitering and TDK extensions.

#Bluemour

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have just followed up with my source.

Apparently the 5M for over 6 years was not enough to satisfy SDKs manager as he believes next year he will become the most paid player (more then mac Andrew) when he is out of contract next year.

Manager purposely leaked to Twomey this in hope Carlton will up their offer.

Can confirm we can’t offered more then 850K a year on our books. We are looking at a couple other players that have been mentioned on this thread in the past (Houston trac) as well as some others ready made options but it’s on OUR TERMS.

We have made it clear to teams we do want a ready made player for 850K which is what we can afford in our cap but only if they are happy too at that price AND still enables us to take a first rounder to the draft this year also.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that Houston will not be going to north Melbourne.

Houston’s manager sounded us out and he approached us- we showed no interest and Austin knows it’s not a dire need but rather a luxury to have Houston.

It’s in our court whether we want him enough.

He is either staying at port or coming to us.

He is best mates with JSOS and also has the Voss connection-he is moving for his GF but does love port so will happily stay which is why he requested a trade despite saying he was staying a month ago.

He has agreed to our contract of 4M over 5 years which is what we could afford in our cap, given the salary dump player we are interested in. We will not be giving up pick 11 under any circumstances.

Issue is that Austin is set on having two first rounders. Owies is being linked to the Houston trade. Austin is trying to do F1 and F2 for Houston. Owies (GC/port/essendon) and Carroll (WCE) will be traded.

Austin is trying a salary dump player as well involving a 2nd round pick in the 20s to try and get back into the top 20 using that pick plus the Carrol and owies pick (both should be in the late 30s.

If we can hold onto 11 and get another top 20 pick whilst bringing in Houston he will be in navy blue next year. This is fully on our terms.

I don’t think it will happen similar to papley and Sydney as Austin won’t bend over to ports ludicrous demands.

Once again should Petracca request a trade publicly and force Dees hand this is all out the window.

#bluemour#Bluemour

Petracca really pushing behind the scenes to get to us.

but I can confirm I have spoken to some ppl who have mutuals on the board. Have been told Trac does want to come to us and similar to Houston the club aren’t so interested in him to the point of changing our overall list strategy (which is what it would take to satisfy dees)- it would need to be on our terms from a contract (which he has agreed) and a trade POV (keep a first somehow)-cerra is the key to the Trac trade if it is to happen.

Board also aware he wants to come to us behind the scenes (was between Carlton/collingwood but they gave their first for Schultz so can’t get it done under any circumstance) it seems the club is taking the logical approach.

They don’t want us changing our whole list statergy just for Trac who obviously is an A grade superstar but isn’t a pressing need for us necessarily. The club from the board down to Voss and Austin do agree we need to hit the draft-especially with Tasmania coming in.

All other list managers are aware this is our stance that we want 2 more top 20 picks.

Houston SDK and Trac wanting to come to us has changed a lot BTS (again one of them would only happen if it keeps us pick 11) One of Houston/SDK is a lot more realistic as it still enables us to go to the draft w pick 11.

The club is still pushing for SDK now that Oliver wants there and is even willing to potentially up its salary offer and scrap the ‘salary dump’ player. Again 11 is off the table completely so can’t see us satisfying cats as they wants 2 1st rounders.

Austin BTS will put his ‘eggs’ in all 3 baskets knowing we can only get one (maybe Houston and SDK by some miracle whilst keeping a first rounder this year) and that whichever is the best value and still keeps us in the first round will happen, if at all (unlikely)

Can’t see us getting both Trac and one of SDK/Houston and not hitting the draft unfortunately and tbh don’t want it…Trac may never be the same.

#bluemour#Bluemour

Last edited:
Message this morning from someone I trust that gets most things right. In response to questions I asked a day ago

1. SDK - No but we will always ask. He is happy at Cats
2. Houston - Port would have to move a fair bit on their position. Picks the issue not money
3. Papley - No
4. Looking at "player" to take over salary and get cheap. If his club signs their target he may be "forced" out and we will take contract
5. Petracca - Just won't happen and we could never satisfy asking price
6. Graham Wright spoken to about CEO role. Not interested in football role
7. A number of a DFA's being interviewed and having medicals
8. Perfect world we will get 2-3 first round picks

My comment: I know people would like to hear "big names" but I just can't see it. The messages to me have been consistent and for months. Draft picks, Campo twins and some targeted cheap trades or DFA's is our focus
#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back