Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those boys were lucky. Last generation to come through under 19's etc and all go on tour to Ireland with a clown like Don Scott as coach. Can you imagine the fun these young clowns got up to overseas in place like Ireland with him on watch.
Hopefully they didn't put any Irish bartenders in headlocks.

If you've got a team of experienced people around them it's fine.

Our problem was we had an inexperienced ceo, head of football, head coach and no senior mentors for any of them.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
Sorry mate, my comment was largely tongue in cheek given the carry-on over Lloyd's almost identical career path.
If he's found to be the best candidate, great but I just don't want him hired on name alone.

Heard Aaron Hamill interviewed on AW earlier…came across as a very impressive, thoughtful bloke…surprised me how well spoken he was.

He’s finished up at the Saints. Any chance we’re looking at him as an assistant?

Nope, surely we're against another training wheels head of football.
True, but would be a champ player with 300games exp, plus years as assistant coach and father to afl players so he would understand players perspectives and needs, plus can manage a staff, plus years exp in recruitment and managing $$$ while again managing staff and running a department, plus has a proven record of working with processes and sticking to a plan yet can adapt when situation calls for it too, plus understands the club probably better than anyone.

I agree we could do better but don't know who else would be available. Could certainly do a lot worse.
Does he even really want to do it or is it a 'personal' thing?

From what i've heard SOS used to hang with the Fitzroy boys probably more than the Carlton boys back in the days of his youth. More of a Uni type crowd as a young bloke i think. Used to see him with the Fitzroy boys at the Skinny Dog quite often.

Him and Ross have been pretty thick ever since and still to this day obviously.
Good parma's at the skinny dog when we were at uni.

He played at two clubs. Was a gun at Melbourne before he went to Sydney.
Think he kicked 70 goals one season at the Dees. Could really play. Shame he got some serious finger injury that caused him to retire early.
Diesel and Gerard Healy out of the engine room for Swans at SCG, was scary duo.
Glad we got past them in 1986 Qualifying Final.

Pretty sure Gerald had a wrist injury that ended his career at just 29. Kicked 77 goals in 1982 when he was 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I’d actually prefer him to take the kick ins over Newman - he scares me - I like him on a wing or HF coming down to be the outlet target. Very strong mark and excellent kick. He’s our best option to move it forward quickly. Would try him as a back though. The ball coming to him could unleash greater input.
Charlie and H seem to receive at the wing of HHF a lot. I’d prefer that was Gov and he hits up one of multiple options into the forward line. He just doesn’t seem to work hard enough to get to those spots on a consistent basis.

Charlie and H seem to receive at the wing of HHF a lot. I’d prefer that was Gov and he hits up one of multiple options into the forward line. He just doesn’t seem to work hard enough to get to those spots on a consistent basis.

The last time Gov broke out into a sprint, his hamstring exploded into a 1000 pieces

Heard Aaron Hamill interviewed on AW earlier…came across as a very impressive, thoughtful bloke…surprised me how well spoken he was.

He’s finished up at the Saints. Any chance we’re looking at him as an assistant?
I posted a rumour a couple days ago regarding this. A mate of mine messaged me saying he did a job for him and someone in the household spilt it out that he was coming across. Not sure how true it is but that's what he told me

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

His disposal is too good to be pure lockdown. Then again, it’s all up in the air for the new coach.

Is there such a thing as a "pure lockdown" back pocket these days? They're pretty much all utilised on the rebound, and in fact I'd go so far as to say that most AFL clubs these days recruit/develop specifically to get damaging ball users in that role rather than finding the "best" defenders.

Is there such a thing as a "pure lockdown" back pocket these days? They're pretty much all utilised on the rebound, and in fact I'd go so far as to say that most AFL clubs these days recruit/develop specifically to get damaging ball users in that role rather than finding the "best" defenders.
He seems to get one of the most threatening defenders, limits his capacity to use the ball. You are right though, his ball use should be a weapon.

Don't think you'll find (m)any objections to Cook here.

Consensus is that he is a gun, probably the best club CEO in the biz.

The only possible question marks would be his age and his motivation to start all over again after a super successful 20+ year stint at Geelong.

If he's serious about giving this a crack, us Carlton folks will be thrilled with his appointment.

People like Brian Cook don't take on a role for a pay cheque. There's too much at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back