Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No news or rumours beforehand... CFC just going about business... Fantastic news re Sam Walsh. Brilliant.

you mean like the 5 goal runs that happened under bolton, malthouse, ratten, pagan? like those ones?
To be fair Bolton had an incredible young list, Pagan a destroyed list, Ratten I think got a lot out of the list (in hind sight), Malthouse tried to change a toxic culture and lost the players.

Teague had a list to work with and couldn’t make it work. Was it his lack of coaching ability, his stubbornness to change or get the right people around him or was it power brokers at the club undermining him?

I don’t know. What I do know is that for the first time in some 20 odd years he did have some semblance of cattle and he did under utilise the list. I don’t think that is debatable.

The list did not progress anywhere near what was expected and the years under his coaching were a waste.

The reason I say that is if you say look at Brisbane under the right sort of coach for th3 right time they have made massive improvements in 2-3 years.

I firmly believe we now under Voss will make massive strides.

is the right coach for the right time.

I was a Teague supporter and have nothing against him as a person, awesome human being who in the end got shafted by the club.

but the more I see our troops now, the more I believe it was an absolute necessity that it was done.

club is light years ahead now then it would have been doing nothing.

thx to the most part by Sayers … I dare say our ex president was just as useless as Teague in the top job.

In rounds 1-16, only 3. Teague did actually improve this element of the game, but the narrative from 2020 had been set and a lot of people seemed unable to let go of it.

Then when the wheels started to fall off, another 4 in rounds 17-23.
Maybe the 5 goal runs were just an easy pot shot but the feel from outside the club was that things just were not working under Teague.

Cant say he didn’t have terrible luck with COVID and everything that came about because of it. Injuries too didn’t help. If I thought that was it and that his style and ability were not holding us back I would have fought for him to stay on. Writing was on the wall though …. we have learnt now through snippets here and there that the coaching group as a whole was a bit of a dogs breakfast, not even possessing the ability to give the players unilateral coaching direction.

That is a massive no, no in my book and a firm reason why we continually saw a breakdown on field. Players were completely confused as to what to do and when to do it. Too many mixed messages and not enough strong, focused direction.

that’s on Teague

There was no doubt better coaching combinations than Carlton in 2021. But with a fully fit Charlie, Gov, Cripps, Doc, Williams, Martin, Saad, Cunners, Marchy all available, we would have played finals.
Maybe, I don’t think so, but if we did we would have been smoked in the first week. Our style and gameplay were severely lacking for finals football and mixed messages from the co@ching group would have been the final nail.

No point just making up the numbers.

if other club’s success has taught us anything its that those that administer the club, those that coach it and those that play for it all need to be moving in the same direction to garner success.

Finally now we have that, under Teague and for as long as I remember we have not.

Maybe not Teague’s fault for that but I am championing Sayers for finally righting the ship.

No doubt there was some public momentum in favour of Teague but was also player intervention. You have to wonder why and how players have become so influential in decisions about coaches - like at Cricket Australia also.
Players have a clear conflict and while consultation is understandable, it seems they have way to much power.
Completely agree, was a sheet show of an appointment at every level …. Listened to the two groups that should never be listened to … the fans and players …. the players should have a small say, as they are in the mix but the fans zero. We know nothing of the inner workers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the club is A LOT of rough...

Reggae Jamaica GIF by ATTILA MUZIC

No news or rumours beforehand... CFC just going about business... Fantastic news re Sam Walsh. Brilliant.

The club has finally acted appropriately and professionally and it began since Sayers became our President. It’s taken a long time but it feels like we are finally back.

The club has finally acted appropriately and professionally and it began since Sayers became our President. It’s taken a long time but it feels like we are finally back.
Interesting that neither Cook nor Sayers have been front and centre publicly since the upheavel last year. Also that the focus in media is very much Voss and players. No Andrew Russell updates or footy directors on TV/radio.
Makes a difference to have a real CEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back