Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping or losing Levi won't change the medium to longterm outcome, but I felt we were still 2 genuine KPP's short of the right balance.

Adding Young addressed that slightly, but losing Jones and Levi, now results in having, still, the thinnest spine

Hope it doesn't come back to bite us

You can probably count McDonald as a new addition seeing as he has been injured since coming over. Both he and Young will be players we have to chose from that we didn't have last season.

Last edited:
Thought OMac looked quite good as a fwd in the little we saw of him last year...

I would play both OMac and Young. Both can play either end KPF/relief ruck and KPD.

Also gives us in-game cover and options if Weitering or either of them go down or are struggling with matchups

As in the case with Ratts, I honestly think many great career coaches are better the 2nd time around.
Our Parko (whom I had had the pleasure and talking to him once and considers himself a true Blue Bagger for life) was far more successful when he left Hawthorn for us as coach.

Reckon blokes like Pyke and Buckley will be more successful at their next coaching gigs too.

I do believe it's better for everyone involved that favourite sons should never coach the teams they played for.

I think Leigh Matthews said that once and I concur.

Hearing nothing but good and refreshing things from Vossy in his time with us, especially reports from Pre Season Training.

Have to put my hand up and say I was sceptical about his opponent , but whether by design or accident (or maybe both), I now firmly believe we got the best available person for our club and what our playing list needs.

I feel weird going into 2022 with an expectation now to win most weeks, not hope

CaringMelodicHerald-size_restricted.gif

Okay so maybe I am being a bit silly, but I honestly haven't felt this upbeat about our playing group and our potential and coaching staff in 20 years.

Rise Up Baggers
:carlton:
Didnt Parkin win a premiership in 78 in his second season as coach of Hawthorn?

I dont see Rats in the same calibre, either in his time at Carlton or at Stk.

Pyke maybe given his Adelaide team, was genuinely best in league, but failed GF day

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Levi has seemingly fallen on his feet.

Ben King down at training, suspected ACL

Thats shit news for Ben .. absolute future gun of the comp that one.

Thats sh*t news for Ben .. absolute future gun of the comp that one.
Lousy news for him and the Suns. Didnt his brother do an ACL in the year he was drafted ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lousy news for him and the Suns. Didnt his brother do an ACL in the year he was drafted ?

Yip sure did, lost his whole first season to it.

His brother did his in junior footy - amazing how often family members suffer ACLs, got to be a bit of genetics in these injuries

Genetics have a huge role to play just like other illnesses such as heart disease etc ..

Yep and seeing how his brother recovered should give the kid a bit of heart.

I thought the article said it was a head injury not ACL?

Edit, sorry misinterpreted after just reading the title about "hitting the deck" and assumed it was concussion, but no looks like knee injury.
Metalcrusher knows all about them.

At Christmas time, Levi packed away his worn out Charlie Curnow, Kruezer, H.McKay, McGovern, Marchbank, Oscar and Pittonet voodoo dolls.....and unpacked his shiny new Ben King, Sam Day and Mac Andrew voodoo dolls.

The man is powerful, and not just in frame.

At Christmas time, Levi packed away his worn out Charlie Curnow, Kruezer, H.McKay, McGovern, Marchbank, Oscar and Pittonet voodoo dolls.....and unpacked his shiny new Ben King, Sam Day and Mac Andrew voodoo dolls.

The man is powerful, and not just in frame.
Might have gone with two pins as it sounds like King and Mac Andrews were both injured in the same incident.

King might not be too bad? hopefully. Afl.com reporting that he did a series of exercises after going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back