Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to mention that Mitchell finished higher than Petracca in the brownlow then.
Has nothing to do with it.

Bulldogs midfield would still be better for sure.

On what basis would you rate the Dogs midfield as higher? I’d pick Bont ahead but 2 and 3 I’d have Walsh and Mitchel, McRae next but I’d hope that Cripps would be better than him next year.

I think I’m putting too much thinking in to something very unlikely to happen

This really worries me. The fact that we needed people to take pay cuts to fit Cerra's contract says we're very tight on salary cap.

This is why I can't stand that we are allegedly paying McGovern 700k or thereabouts. His output isn't worth even half of that. Decisions like this cost clubs the chance to look at other opportunities or in this case, force a widespread pay cut scenario. You just have to get it right.

If Williams doesn't improve and Charlie continues to not get on the park, it will add more of the same problems.

The good news is Gov has only 1 year left and IMO, Williams and Charlie have a much bigger chance of filling their salary potential. Our salary cap will probably look a lot better in 23 in comparison to next year. This should free up space for Walsh.

The other good news is that this off season we have got it right with the supposed salaries for Cerra and Hewett. We are not over paying at all for potential and a lack of production (Gov). We could have ourselves some bargains.

If we are able trade in Rowell then several of our players become redundant and would get us some third and fourth rounders which can also be used with our two first rounders to offer the Suns something equivalent to pick 1 and then some

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’d be negligent if we didn’t throw everything at trying to get him to the club he loves. We should already be taking to his management and planting the seed.

Further to previous news, Channel 7 (Brown & Cleary) going with Cerra's contract worth $650 - $700k.
The Age reported that he took a significant cut to come to the Blues, from the offer Freo had tabled. Apparently Freo offered $700k while he accepted $500k’ish to sign with Carlton.

Carlton secured Cerra on a four-year deal on what would be considered a bargain in terms of salary. Sources familiar with the contract said the Blues are paying Cerra less than $600,000 per year over the term of the deal, significantly less than the $700,000-plus that Fremantle had been willing to pay for him to remain at the Dockers

How about a 28 year old then?

Jokes aside, why wouldn’t we be in the window, if we had one of the best midfields in the league?
Lol, because it takes more than a couple players to win a flag. Still don't have a proper small forward and a small defender that can actually defend. Midfield win games defence wins flags

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Further to previous news, Channel 7 (Brown & Cleary) going with Cerra's contract worth $650 - $700k.

FA-ns1TVEAM0DMv

How about a 28 year old then?

Jokes aside, why wouldn’t we be in the window, if we had one of the best midfields in the league?
Lol, because it takes more than a couple players to win a flag. Still don't have a proper small forward and a small defender that can actually defend. Midfield win games defence wins flags

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up to 6 of Carltons biggest stars have taken pay cuts to reduce the pressure on cap space to get Cerra across per 7news including Walshy, Crippa, Weiters, and Harry & 2 others

Culture.

These boys want to start winning meaningful games of football and know they could get a really good player in if they took pay cuts and they did it.

This is why I can't stand that we are allegedly paying McGovern 700k or thereabouts. His output isn't worth even half of that. Decisions like this cost clubs the chance to look at other opportunities or in this case, force a widespread pay cut scenario. You just have to get it right.

If Williams doesn't improve and Charlie continues to not get on the park, it will add more of the same problems.

The good news is Gov has only 1 year left and IMO, Williams and Charlie have a much bigger chance of filling their salary potential. Our salary cap will probably look a lot better in 23 in comparison to next year. This should free up space for Walsh.

The other good news is that this off season we have got it right with the supposed salaries for Cerra and Hewett. We are not over paying at all for potential and a lack of production (Gov). We could have ourselves some bargains.

$700K? Given the club was very open back then on our player-payments being at 95% and we were front-loading these deals, I can't see how McGov would be on anything close to 700k. 300-400k appears more likely

Most of the noise on McGovern's salary is on the back of Ricutto sticking up for his club. Even if it is that high presumably it was front loaded so I would doubt he is getting paid that now.

Other interesting thing would be to know how much Samo was getting paid as a first rounder that showed plenty in his first season. Note Brodie is on more that $500K. Doubt we are paying Hewitt much more than we were paying Samo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back