Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be inclined to try something like our F1, 29, 49 & 66 for GWS 18, 19 and F3.

Take 10, 18 & 19 to the draft.
The club cannot trade our future first unless we get another one in as we have already traded our future third for Acres, and the AFL are heavy on that as Port found out with the original attempt at the proposed "mega deal"..... :think:

Loss: Wil Setterfield

Retain: Edward Curnow

Gain: Blake Acres Joel Selwood

Anagrams to solve:

(including a hidden rumour)

Loss:

Mwalili Filtered set

Retain:

Warded Cow run

Gains:

Bleak Races

Jelo Low dose

😀
212077231_1991569271018873_659326086085208469_n.jpg

Last edited:
The club cannot trade our future first unless we get another one in as we have already traded our future third for Acres, and the AFL are heavy on that as Port found out with the original attempt at the proposed "mega deal"..... :think:
That’s why there is a future 3rd thrown in aswell

The obsession on here to trade up for Sheezle... Is quite amusing...

If we wanted an x-factor forward, why not trade for an actual AFL proven one with pick 10 or a F1st, not both...
We don’t have spare money to go and get an established player that warrants the quality of those picks.
Take a kid in the draft you get 2 years at base then a further 3-4 at less the 500K.
You give up either or both of those picks for an established player with similar skills, it will cost 700+

Gold Coast and GWS will be worth the long and costly investment once they regularly start producing good kids from their region/catchment areas, even if it takes another 10-20 Years and increase the draft talent pool

This is the reason why I am not keen on a Tassie team, small population (ish) and have not really produced any decent young draft talent in the past 10 years.

Also those teams have brought in extra revenue with 2 extra games each weekend.
A Tassie team would have brought in revenue too, if they had been allowed in. And there’s a fair bet the AFL gave a nod and a wink to a Tassie team in the most recent tv rights negotiations too.

I don’t know where you’re from Elmer, but Colin Carter (Tassie report author) summed it up the other day. Many Victorians just don’t get how much a team means to the other traditional football states. It meant a heap to WA and SA, and it will mean a heap to Tassie.

I agree the draft rate hasn’t been good in the past 10-15 years. What people forget is that money which would have gone to Tassie talent pathways went to NSW and Qld instead. The AFL basically let Tassie whither on the vine to prop up its emerging markets.

Then, the worst thing that could have happened. North Melbourne went down there. You only have to look for a few seconds at the history of this leech of a club to see how they bleed their expansion markets dry at the prospect of sustaining themselves in their home market. As far as I’m concerned, one of the greatest things about a Tassie team will be that North are kicked back into the Melbourne market, where they will be forced to sink or swim (unless they go and fleece the NT system).

As a Tasmanian born and bred, who has lived in Brisbane for the last 16 years, I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to be pleased as punch when we get the green light. It will mean so much to that state.

We don’t have spare money to go and get an established player that warrants the quality of those picks.
Take a kid in the draft you get 2 years at base then a further 3-4 at less the 500K.
You give up either or both of those picks for an established player with similar skills, it will cost 700+
Are your fingers sore from spelling out common sense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An episode I wouldn’t recommend to a police officer though. Holy s**t.

Interesting that there is confirmation of us wanting to draft Ben but Norf got in there first. I can definitely see our club making a play for Ben next year.

I’m calling it. I reckon the smart arse element that would take the piss out of a young kid trying to do extra training centred around Kade Simpson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m calling it. I reckon the smart arse element that would take the piss out of a young kid trying to do extra training centred around Kade Simpson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm calling it. Reckon you have no idea as to whether that is true and just took the opportunity to try and besmirch a bloke who played 300+ games for the club and tried his guts out for a club that basically gave him no success in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back