Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - that's an absolute train-wreck of a trade. AFL need to put an end to that sort of s**t quick-smart.

There is a long long long list of horror list management moves by the Suns. How their list manager is still employed is one of the AFL's great mysteries. They could have recruited another half a list of first rounders if they hadn't been desperately trying to p!ss their draft capital up against the wall every chance they get.

To name 1 - they walked away from 2 good second round picks for Jack Martin. Looking back you'd say that was more than fair. For what reason? Apart from being grossly incompetent with no supporter base to keep them accountable - who could say?

I'm calling it. Reckon you have no idea as to whether that is true and just took the opportunity to try and besmirch a bloke who played 300+ games for the club and tried his guts out for a club that basically gave him no success in return.

Mine comes from a bit of inside knowledge from one of the players ( current).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The club cannot trade our future first unless we get another one in as we have already traded our future third for Acres, and the AFL are heavy on that as Port found out with the original attempt at the proposed "mega deal"..... :think:

If you look again, GWS would be giving us back a future 3rd. :thumbsu:

I'd trade/delist all of these guys at the end of this year (or trade them mid season if that is allowed to go ahead) if they don't perform this year.
Maybe Carroll gets a reprieve but the others have had enough time.

I'd like to join hands with my fellow Blues fans and thank every Lord out there that you've not got anything to do with our list management.

I'd like to join hands with my fellow Blues fans and thank every Lord out there that you've not got anything to do with our list management.
Pray Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

How much worse does the Bowes deal feel when you remember the draft concessions the AFL gave the sun's when we were as poor. Gave them ammo to try and screw us on the Martin deal.

AFL investigators need to crawl all over Geelong's books. The media spin it as good business operators, but I wouldn't be surprised to find strong board connections and opportunities outside of football (potentially non-contractual but verbally agreed) have an influence on individual club choice

Would rather keep this whole lot if they stay relatively healthy next year. All have upsize, high work rate and a lot of talent. Think some of our more senior players should get put up for trade before this group…
Kemp has been touted as a handy player but hasn’t managed to stay in the side for more than a couple of games. Cuningham just hasn’t done anything, Injury aside, if they aren’t pushing for a spot in the 22 now, they aren’t going to.
Actually, to be ruthless, I think perpetual injury actually should be considered, if the body just isn’t up to it.

Ok fair enough.

But the remarks Harry made were damning. Basically articulating a very unprofessional environment and playing group perpetuated by senior players.

Go back and look at the leadership at the time. Simpson, Gibbs,Murphy,Thomas Jamison,maybe Ed Curnow.

Blokes can play a lot of games and be great players. Doesn’t mean they were great leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how so many people think they know how it is. Yes, it’s just an uninformed opinion in a thread full of opinions on a board, full of people who offer opinions, with a low percentage who actually know.

it would be a pretty empty board if we all just kept them to ourselves 😇

Ok fair enough.

But the remarks Harry made were damning. Basically articulating a very unprofessional environment and playing group perpetuated by senior players.

Go back and look at the leadership at the time. Simpson, Gibbs,Murphy,Thomas Jamison,maybe Ed Curnow.

Blokes can play a lot of games and be great players. Doesn’t mean they were great leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You missed the whole point he made on culture though. Like sheep, most of them were probably indoctrinated during a time when that was the norm.

Setterfield is not the main game as far as Carlton is concerned and he was uncontracted but I would like to evidence that Austin can play hard ball on a deal.
And herein lies our problem. The mentality of not being ruthless enough from top to bottom of the club. Good enough is just ok.

And herein lies our problem. The mentality of not being ruthless enough from top to bottom of the club. Good enough is just ok.
Yeah a bit like Stephen wells at Geelong hey.

If only he could act more like Adrian Dodoro at essendon and be absolutely ruthless then all of us on here would be much happier.

Kemp has been touted as a handy player but hasn’t managed to stay in the side for more than a couple of games. Cuningham just hasn’t done anything, Injury aside, if they aren’t pushing for a spot in the 22 now, they aren’t going to.
Actually, to be ruthless, I think perpetual injury actually should be considered, if the body just isn’t up to it.
That’s our plan though isn’t it all our improvement next year will be from injury prone players?

Marchbank
McGovern
Cunningham
Williams
Kemp
Philp
Hewitt
Kennedy
Pittonet
Martin

And Cripps will not get banged up again
I’m not convinced to be honest I thought we would have been more creative as Acres isn’t taking us to the promised land.

My fingers are crossed for a fit & health list & we still might have a chance

Yeah a bit like Stephen wells at Geelong hey.

If only he could act more like Adrian Dodoro at essendon and be absolutely ruthless then all of us on here would be much happier.
It's not a hill to die on...but I wouldn't mind a mound to debate on.

He's a 24 year old, likely starting mid for Essendon, worth a multi year contract to them.

I don't think an asset of some useable value is an unrealistic expectation from supporters.

Last edited:
AFL investigators need to crawl all over Geelong's books. The media spin it as good business operators, but I wouldn't be surprised to find strong board connections and opportunities outside of football (potentially non-contractual but verbally agreed) have an influence on individual club choice
No need mate, it's just lifestyle. Haven't you heard that everybody plays for peanuts at the Cats cause of the lifestyle. No offense mate but you need to get up to speed on the lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back