Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Head coach aint listening to the Line coaches then?
When it comes to this specific issue then it’s probably on the head coach and football manager. Our current football manager has been in the role longer than the head coach so shouldn’t he be the one that has a grasp on the playing groups tendencies and behaviour? I think vossy is just starting to get his head around it to be honest.

Young and Weitering talk - I mentioned it on here weeks ago, seems very evident that they don't get along. Been to every game in Melbourne in the 2 years, and have seen zero chemistry there. They don't really communicate, and when they do it's tense.

Even more telling, Weitering would praise Jones at every opportunity. I don't think I've heard him mention Young's name in the media.

Might not be the players being referred to but would not surprise me in the slightest.
Pretty sure Weitering calls Young "Not Jones."

I may have just made that up. It may also be true.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

When it comes to this specific issue then it’s probably on the head coach and football manager. Our current football manager has been in the role longer than the head coach so shouldn’t he be the one that has a grasp on the playing groups tendencies and behaviour? I think vossy is just starting to get his head around it to be honest.
Understand your point, but this aint Vossy's first coaching job.
And any mistakes, hes seen, been involved with shouldnt happen again.

Young and Weitering talk - I mentioned it on here weeks ago, seems very evident that they don't get along. Been to every game in Melbourne in the 2 years, and have seen zero chemistry there. They don't really communicate, and when they do it's tense.

Even more telling, Weitering would praise Jones at every opportunity. I don't think I've heard him mention Young's name in the media.

Might not be the players being referred to but would not surprise me in the slightest.
Jones was much loved in the playing group.

Just look at how much Stocker talked about how Jones mentored him and got him on the right track

No surprise what happend after Jones left

Weiters lost his partner in crime. They were the best 1 2 punch defence in the league.

Disgraceful how we treated Jones. In such a volatile time, where NOBODY knew how things were going to play out... we pushed him out of the club so quick over some BS arbitrary rule that we didn't know how long would last.

Voss pushed him out straight away.

Voss and the club should have said, it's your choice and we will stand behind you until we see how things play out.

I thought it was a terrible call at the time. And I think hindsight is making it apparent to everyone that it was terrible call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OG Source: former Carlton player (has played with many/most) of the list. Doesn't strike me as the type to spread or stir bullshit.

• Cracks in the list began during or shortly after the bye rounds last year
  • There are two divisions in the list and those caught on the outside have almost been forced to pick a side or be on the outer with both sides which is often a lot worse.
  • Feels the club put it down to a long injury list and the related stress and that things would improve after some time off
  • Relations further broke down over the summer. It started with a bit of a "blame game" over what happened at the end of the season and has deteriorated from there
  • One side is completely behind Voss and the coaching. Believes instructions and demands are easy to understand and have good relationships with the coaches. A bit of luck with health and self improvement and we were a lock for finals
  • Other faction think Voss "is full of it" and "cannot coach." "Voss isn't the first coach that they've done this to." He feels this has spiralled out onto not following instruction on the field
  • Player believes that the best solution is a cleanout of those who have been responsible for "coach killing" in the past
  • He hopes that they stick with the current coaching staff "and get Vossy some help" as he feels that we genuinely have a staff who have the best interests of the club at heart, above money, and in his experience that's hard to find.
  • Unrelated but he hopes Adam Cerra will be the next captain of the club as he believes he's a "uniting influence" and has the trust of the coaches without needing to be anyone but himself.
Here's a list of players who have seen off 3 coaches or more.
1686045199255.png

Jones was much loved in the playing group.

Just look at how much Stocker talked about how Jones mentored him and got him on the right track

No surprise what happend after Jones left

Weiters lost his partner in crime. They were the best 1 2 punch defence in the league.

Disgraceful how we treated Jones. In such a volatile time, where NOBODY knew how things were going to play out... we pushed him out of the club so quick over some BS arbitrary rule that we didn't know how long would last.

Voss pushed him out straight away.

Voss and the club should have said, it's your choice and we will stand behind you until we see how things play out.

I thought it was a terrible call at the time. And I think hindsight is making it apparent to everyone that it was terrible call

A terrible call would be signing a 32 year old Liam Jones for 3 years after a year out of the game. That’s what he was after.

Young was great last year despite his lack of experience at FB and the absence of Weiters. This year he has regressed but who at Carlton hasn’t. I think he has shown enough to suggest he is worth persisting with.

I don’t like what happened to Jones but I thought we handled the whole thing as well as could be expected. The world was crazy for a bit there.

Leaving a player in the 2's whom had 40+ possie's week in week out, for 10 weeks would create a division/
YES?NO?

Precisely, as soon as you start rewarding mediocrity and bypass form players integrity of selection becomes a massive problem…and right there is where your cracks become chasms

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

OG Source: former Carlton player (has played with many/most) of the list. Doesn't strike me as the type to spread or stir bullshit.

• Cracks in the list began during or shortly after the bye rounds last year
  • There are two divisions in the list and those caught on the outside have almost been forced to pick a side or be on the outer with both sides which is often a lot worse.
  • Feels the club put it down to a long injury list and the related stress and that things would improve after some time off
  • Relations further broke down over the summer. It started with a bit of a "blame game" over what happened at the end of the season and has deteriorated from there
  • One side is completely behind Voss and the coaching. Believes instructions and demands are easy to understand and have good relationships with the coaches. A bit of luck with health and self improvement and we were a lock for finals
  • Other faction think Voss "is full of it" and "cannot coach." "Voss isn't the first coach that they've done this to." He feels this has spiralled out onto not following instruction on the field
  • Player believes that the best solution is a cleanout of those who have been responsible for "coach killing" in the past
  • He hopes that they stick with the current coaching staff "and get Vossy some help" as he feels that we genuinely have a staff who have the best interests of the club at heart, above money, and in his experience that's hard to find.
  • Unrelated but he hopes Adam Cerra will be the next captain of the club as he believes he's a "uniting influence" and has the trust of the coaches without needing to be anyone but himself.
Did he mention if he thinks Voss has the support of the assistant coaches?

A terrible call would be signing a 32 year old Liam Jones for 3 years after a year out of the game. That’s what he was after.

Young was great last year despite his lack of experience at FB and the absence of Weiters. This year he has regressed but who at Carlton hasn’t. I think he has shown enough to suggest he is worth persisting with.

I don’t like what happened to Jones but I thought we handled the whole thing as well as could be expected. The world was crazy for a bit there.
We wouldn't have had to give him 3 years.

as you said the world was crazy and we pushed him out too fast on a rule that we didnt know if it was going to stay.

Should have let him be inactive for the year and see what happened. Had been a good servant of our club and deserved us to stand behind him.

We 100% play finals last year if Jones was in the team.

None of the above players.

The team that laughed at us having no gameplan was Collingwood.

Started in the post match interview on the ground about us aimlessly kicking to Moore all day and developed from there.
Not sure what your comment has to do with my post - I was referring to Waite_30's post

We wouldn't have had to give him 3 years.

as you said the world was crazy and we pushed him out too fast on a rule that we didnt know if it was going to stay.

Should have let him be inactive for the year and see what happened. Had been a good servant of our club and deserved us to stand behind him.

We 100% play finals last year if Jones was in the team.

I was under the impression he opted to retire/void his contract so he could move and play football in Queensland.

In that time Young played as the lone tall down back, Durdin debuted a week after being recruited in the MSD, Kemp played full back on blokes 10cm taller than him. It’s all good and well waiting for things to blow over but we suffered big time because of the decision he made.

Again, I was disappointed in the way the AFL and society in general handled Liam Jones, but we (Carlton) did the best we could have imo.

I was under the impression he opted to retire/void his contract so he could move and play football in Queensland.

In that time Young played as the lone tall down back, Durdin debuted a week after being recruited in the MSD, Kemp played full back on blokes 10cm taller than him. It’s all good and well waiting for things to blow over but we suffered big time because of the decision he made.

Again, I was disappointed in the way the AFL and society in general handled Liam Jones, but we (Carlton) did the best we could have imo.
Jones did "retire", but he was pushed into it.

Pretty sure we could have put him on the inactive list.

There was no benefit of pushing him to retire after the list cut off date.

I too am disappointed in the way the AFL and society handled it. Forced Carltons hand on what to do.

But I still think Carlton should have stood behind his decision... and let him stay on the inactive lost for at least one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back