Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

The media links practically every big name free agent to every club in the hope that people will forget what goes on and then they can claim that they were first with the news on player X joining club Y.

We were never really interested in Frawley and especially not at the reported $800k a season that was mentioned. Frawley simply wasn't worth that and truth be told I reckon that figure was floated/leaked by his management to scare off the struggling clubs and I doubt the Hawks would have paid that much to secure him.

Do I remember incorrectly the club making frawley related comments or was it just bigfooty voices in my head? I doubt there wasn't one club calculating a frawley interest.

No we weren't , much prefer the X factor that 8 fresh faces brings without the limited upside that goes with players that have been unable to forge a career elsewhere . Simple but brilliant strategy that has served geelongs modern day Renaissance well,

8 fresh faces wont make that instant impact in window of finals improvement

trade and we get crtiicised for not investing in the draft.
Invest in the draft and we get criticsed for not trading.
Trading is not compulsory.

trade and we get crtiicised for not investing in the draft.
Invest in the draft and we get criticsed for not trading.
Trading is not compulsory.
FA we get criticised for paying over for list cloggers

You know what. Some people can't handle the truth. When those arguements happen and threads derail and mods start booting people, is just unfair and can be avoided. This thread is going to help that. Bring it, here.

Why so envious of this thread?
What truth, do you mean your opinion, or cant you handle the truth?

It's not who we should have picked up, but who we should have traded we too soft on. Given the strength of this years draft, would have been a better to have another late first round / second round picks while giving away a fringe player (Vickery/ Griffiths).
Are you serious, Griffiths is just starting to give something back if these two players live up to there potential they will set us up for years, to give them up for an untried kid is crazy talk, that isn't courage that's stupidity, now if we gave one or both of them up for a Dangerfield that is another matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 fresh faces wont make that instant impact in window of finals improvement
How do you know, that's what X factor means , unknown quantities of untapped potential. I could make a pretty good case that the likes of liam jones, tutt, robinson or Wiley almost certainly wouldn't coz they failed to make an impact at their first clubs , only wishful thinking to think otherwise

How do you know, that's what X factor means , unknown quantities of untapped potential. I could make a pretty good case that the likes of liam jones, tutt, robinson or Wiley almost certainly wouldn't coz they failed to make an impact at their first clubs , only wishful thinking to think otherwise

Who said liam jones, tutt or robinson or wiley would be the x factor players to take us from a top 8 to a top 4 team? Certainly not me. But obviously some kids with 0 AFL experience wont do it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back