Media Bob's Stats - The Free Kick Table For Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Round Twenty - The Silver Whistle New
bob's stat division 2.JPG

And now to the big one - the Silver Whistle for season 37. This team has led since round 5 and ended up with an 8 point lead by the end of round 20. And in a Free Kick Table first, a team has gone back-to-back in the Silver Whistle! So no suspense, no last minute shenanigans, no toing and/or froing. Here's how it ended.

1721036354692.png

The Dragons' second place is their highest since I started this with the season 29 free kicks. They finished two points ahead of season 32 winners the Furies and season 33 winners the Bombers. The Wonders finished in fifth a further game behind them, and were two points ahead of season 35 winners the Swamprats & also the Bears. Two time winners the Roys are then a game further back along with the Old Boys and the Royals. The Gumbies and Demons, Silver Whistle winners in seasons 30 & 34 respectively, managed to avoid the wooden spoon by two points. That honour went to the un-Phoenixed Hawks, who fell late to finish on 22 points.

But your Silver Whistle winner for season 37, much like your Silver Whistle winner for season 36, are the Coney Island Warriors!

glad they're getting something.gif

And here's your somewhat more impressive miniature novelty trophy.

silver whistle wazzas s37.png

1721041663256.png

I'll do the end of season summaries and the other stuff soon. Promise.

Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Bombers New

This is the elite award of the competition. I want to thank my partner and teammates, especially Shueygod —the work you put in this year, it should be you up here.

I am so honoured and amazed to have received it. A lot of grunt work went into this. I used to go hard for the big, but I realised, in this competition, it was all about the little.

But it’s not really about me, it’s about us. I’m really looking forward to what the team can achieve next season. It’s going to be exciting to hit the keyboard again and build from where we left off.

Sallam

Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Warriors New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Dragons New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Hawks New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Furies New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Royals New
View attachment 2049261

I think I've left it long enough to wrap the up, don't you? Wasn't exactly a suspenseful finish as all of the awards were pretty much decided several rounds before the end of the home & away season.

We'll start off with the Little Spoon for season 37.

There were some big numbers in the Little Spoon this season. To put it in context, Senor M won the season 36 Little Spoon with 56 frees for, and was the only person to get over 50. Were the qumpires too whistle-happy? Were the crowds affecting the results? Or were there just more games in season 37? I guess we'll never know.

Anyhoo crazywildhorse led for quite a while and finished up with a massive 71 frees for, five more than teammate Shueygod. Early leader norway blue finished third on 61, HARPSichord fourth on 59 and Greenery fifth on 58 frees for. Rounding out the top ten are royboy2 (51), moginie (50), MP_ (49), Ligma & Tandy (48 each).

Kudos crazywildhorse, here's your miniature novelty trophy.

The Big Spoon was also done and dusted a while back, but the only difference was that a couple of Delons prevented both Spoons to be Furies quinellas. As it was though, the hippodromians took out both Spoons as Frothies Mcveigh had it sewn up and finished on 33 frees against. The Delon pair of Gralin & Scythe94 ended up on equal second with 30 conceded kicks, while another Furie in Edmund hunt was two frees behind in fourth place with Wonderkid Pamcake1 (26) rounding out the top five. The remainder of the Big Spoon top ten is the rogue's gallery you would expect as MP_ (25), Irish BlueBagger PhenomenalV1 & Zoops (24 each) and AnUltimateRessie & the ever-present Millky95 (23 each) booked their spots.

But it's all about the winner, so big ups to Frothies Mcveigh for the Big Spoon win. Here's your miniature novelty trophy.

Stay tuned for when I do the Silver Whistle thing for season 37.
I’m not exaggerating when I say this is the single greatest moment of my life.

A true honour 🥰

Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Gumbies New

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Bears New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Demons New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Old Boys New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Roys New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Swamprats New
Season 37 End Of Season Summary - Wonders New
Updated Honour Board New
40 frees collected?! Oof, that’s some melon magic. Also, it appears we won most of the time we lost the free kick count? Wild stat.
Good pick up. It's interesting to see how free kicks affect qooty results. All but one club (Hawks) had a positive FK differential when they won the qooty match, while only three (Warriors, Hawks & Furies) had a positive FK differential when they lost the qooty match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Bob's Stats - The Free Kick Table For Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Back