Stealth bomber

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2000
Denver, Colorado
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, STL Cards, PHI Flyers
Supposedly has just been finalised. Details tomorrow.

I'm happy with it, I think. I thought it was a good, low risk move to make and it helps out at a position where we have been deficient.

If he can spell Hille and send him forward for a few minutes in each quarter, and otherwise kill momentum of opposing teams on days when Hille's form is off, it'll be completely worth it.

And with a better midfield than what he had to work with at Carlton, perhaps his form might just get better.

I agree, I think he might still have one, two or possibly even 3 good years left in him.

By the way, could be a good way to "reverse" some of the controversy of '99.
Something along the lines of.. "we all know that Carlton cheated in the past (though they didn't get a flag HAHAHAHAH)" and "lets hope we stick it up the ******* Blues next week"

Anybody remember??

Barnes was great Value

Salmon was gallant and played some good footy

Ces was valiant but struggled

Allan - well we will see.

Essendon has become a bit of a Ruck Junk Yard but so far the deals have been mostly successful.

I think Allan will just help us to buy some more time to develop Hille and the other young boys into a top rucking division in their own right.

Will Allan get Number 27??

Originally posted by Napier_Street
Barnes was great Value

Salmon was gallant and played some good footy

Ces was valiant but struggled

Allan - well we will see.

Essendon has become a bit of a Ruck Junk Yard but so far the deals have been mostly successful.

I think Allan will just help us to buy some more time to develop Hille and the other young boys into a top rucking division in their own right.

Will Allan get Number 27??
Don't forget Grgic, Eastaugh and Robran.

We don't mention Grgic. Robran was a very solid player and deserved better, but in that squad who were you ever going to knock off? He didn't stand a chance.

Originally posted by M29
Robran? Couldn't get a game in 2000 until round 20 iirc and was very handy.

He played 8 games for us, 4 in 2000 and 4 in 2001, the first of which was in Rnd 2, 2000. His stats don't seem all that impressive but I remember thinking he would have fit in to the team well if there was a spot for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberblitz: Allan officially a Bomber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back