Preview Round 12: Essendon Bombers vs The Gold Campaigners* - Thirsty People Stadium - Sunday 2nd June - 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaches, doctors, physos, fitness all chat together and with Goldy and it’s clearly determined he’s good to go. Not that hard to understand. Quite an advantage with Witts out
I have no doubt he's capable of rucking for a full game. Are we likely to get his best game this week and next week if he plays on Sunday? I'd venture not, because form is a factor as well. And he hasn't been in good form for a fortnight.

He may have halved lots. I put it to you Sir, that he lost many more.

The current discussion is not about Bryan v. Nank. It is about Bryan v. Moyle, which I'm sure you'd agree is a contest in which we are much more likely to break even, while at the same time preserving our 35 year old number 1 ruck for the prospect of both Pittonet and De Koning.

That would be what planning for the marathon to get through 23 rounds looks like, rather than destroying what's left of Mr Goldstein in a contest where we are not required to do so, yet can still be very competitive.

Preserve him in 2 weeks time. I'm glad Goldstein has been deemed fit enough to play until then.
Maintaining our advantage for this game.

Can only assume Goldy had the virus and is better now if he ends up playing. Clearly we don't have the full story. Having said that I'd like to have seen Bryan in.

The future is looking brighter for Davey but I think Menzies offers more consistency now so glad he's come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for Bryan getting a run.
But a couple of things.

One. Brad never changes a winning side much. Unless injuries.

Two. In presser last week, he spoke about Goldy. Basically they keep giving him lots of work and he eats it up. When they think he needs a rest they will give him one.

So right now they must think he doesn’t need a rest.

In saying that, I reckon don’t rule out a late change if he gets the virus.

I thought Menzie. My apologies katana
no you're right. i was more getting at menzie having only one goal in 5 games this year. davey has kicked one in each of the last three, and all fairly speculative chances that he made happen. he's quicker than menzie and averages more tackles.

i just think he's a better option both short and long term.

no you're right. i was more getting at menzie having only one goal in 5 games this year. davey has kicked one in each of the last three, and all fairly speculative chances that he made happen. he's quicker than menzie and averages more tackles.

i just think he's a better option both short and long term.
Menzies work last year is far better than anything Davey has done.

Has he done it this year? No
Is it certain he will now? No
Does it mean he'll never capture that form? Also no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back