Boomer Harvey myths destroyed again

Remove this Banner Ad

I have him at the Brad Johnson, Scott West level. The rung below the champions of the game. Just my opinion.

Nah. The level goes:

Legends like Carey, Matthews etc.

Champions like Boomer, Peter Matera etc.

Really good players like Brad Johnson, Scott West etc.

I did.

Nothing in it supported your claim that team mates claim he is selfish.

Carey agreeing with Brereton saying he is selfish makes one former teammate who believes it. Unless you want to argue the semantics about the difference between teammates and teammate. This is the only article and example I have come across. And Carey being a fairly notable ex-teammate, you'd think it holds a bit of water.

Maybe ask the poster you were originally arguing with about who he was referring to?

So you don't deny that Carey agreed Boomer was selfish?

You asked for evidence, I gave it to you.

No, probably the next run after the likes of Matera and Pav.

Pav - 6 AA's
Harvey - 4 AA's

Pav - 5 B&F's
Harvey - 5 B&F's

Pav - 0 Pemiership medals
Harvey - 1 Premiership medal

Pav a rung higher than Harvey?? Either a strong bias for the player that plays for your team or an under rating for the player that plays for my team. Either way he is with Pav.

Pav - 4 AA's
Harvey - 4 AA's

Pav - 5 B&F's
Harvey - 5 B&F's

Pav - 0 Pemiership medals
Harvey - 1 Premiership medal

Pav a rung higher than Harvey?? Either a strong bias for the player that plays for your team or an under rating for the player that plays for my team. Either way he is with Pav.

Pavlich is 6 time All Australian across 4 positions.

Pavlich is a far superior player to Harvey.

So you don't deny that Carey agreed Boomer was selfish?

You asked for evidence, I gave it to you.

Maybe Boomer could have been more selfless like Chris Grant, Scott West and Brad Johnson - sure he would have only ever played in Prelims but he would not be called selfish.

Selfish is good if you are up to it. How many game winning goals did Johnson miss beacuse he was selfish and not up to it? One from 30 metres out after the siren against us rings a bell.

Maybe if the dogs were more selfish they may have won one of the last 7 prelims. Maybe Aka was onto something last year - now there is a selfish player with 3 premiership medals. But you should listen to 5 x losser in Prelims like Johnson. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. The level goes:

Legends like Carey, Matthews etc.

Champions like Boomer, Peter Matera etc.

Really good players like Brad Johnson, Scott West etc.

Yeah nah, as good as Boomer has been Scott West for me thanks.

So what is the criteria?

4 All Australians
1 Premiership medal
1 EJ Whitten Medal
5 International Rules series - captain 2008
5 B&F's

What more does he need to do??

1. Premiership medal is irrelevant because it is a team award not an individual award.

2. no one cares about that international rules shit. Stop bringing it up.

3. 5 B&F's at north is not hard. Boomer is a good A grade players but north fans need to stop having such a wank-fest over him and calling him a champion of the game.

4. he's also been a selfish player over his career. A few passes in the last quarter in 1 game doesn't change that. don't care how many goal assists he has; the footy public and past north players like carey admit that he is selfish.

5. ever since north won on the weekend it's been a non-stop north melbourne wankfest on bigfooty. Get a grip and stop overrating yourselves for once in your life!

Maybe Boomer could have been more selfless like Chris Grant, Scott West and Brad Johnson - sure he would have only ever played in Prelims but he would not be called selfish.

Selfish is good if you are up to it. How many game winning goals did Johnson miss beacuse he was selfish and not up to it? One from 30 metres out after the siren against us rings a bell.

Maybe if the dogs were more selfish they may have won one of the last 7 prelims. Maybe Aka was onto something last year - now there is a selfish player with 3 premiership medals. But you should listen to 5 x losser in Prelims like Johnson. lol

How the **** can you be selfish after the siren? He had no other option other than take the shot.
Johnno also kicked about 200 more goals in his career than Harvey has atm. Sounds like he was up to it. Flog.

He is still soft. Did not go in to a contest all game and waited outside of the packs. When there was a time for him to go hard he tried but got knocked over easy.
LOL, still bitter at the result? :p

He had 26 disposals, doubt he got the ball once without Picken either hanging onto him or breathing down his neck. I recall one spoil (forget which Dogs player was kicking it on the wing) where Harvey threw himself at the ball with sheer desperation.

I spose you reckon he was soft 3 years ago when he got KO'd against the Dogs at Etihad, then kicked goal of the week when he came back on.

LOL, still bitter at the result? :p

He had 26 disposals, doubt he got the ball once without Picken either hanging onto him or breathing down his neck. I recall one spoil (forget which Dogs player was kicking it on the wing) where Harvey threw himself at the ball with sheer desperation.

I spose you reckon he was soft 3 years ago when he got KO'd against the Dogs at Etihad, then kicked goal of the week when he came back on.

Pretty sure it was Griffen. Great smother.Would have killed too, Griff is probably our most powerful kick.

Whoever doesn't think boomer is a champion of the game is a dead set flog.

- Being the games record holder at a club is an enormous achievement.
- He has more 3 Brownlow vote games than Hird, Voss and Buckley!
- Top 10 in AFL history for total brownlow votes.
- 2007 Lou Richards Medalist and Brownlow runner up.
- 2008 Lou Richards Medalist and Herald Sun Player of the Year.

Unlike Buckley, Boomer has won games off his own boot time and time again and has provided match winning goal after match winning goal (usually after a couple of bounces on the run).

Las but not least he has an amazing highlight reel to go along with his outstanding accolades.

Whoever doesn't think boomer is a champion of the game is a dead set flog.

- Being the games record holder at a club is an enormous achievement.
- He has more 3 Brownlow vote games than Hird, Voss and Buckley!
- Top 10 in AFL history for total brownlow votes.
- 2007 Lou Richards Medalist and Brownlow runner up.
- 2008 Lou Richards Medalist and Herald Sun Player of the Year.

Unlike Buckley, Boomer has won games off his own boot time and time again and has provided match winning goal after match winning goal (usually after a couple of bounces on the run).

Las but not least he has an amazing highlight reel to go along with his outstanding accolades.
Harvey is very, very far off the likes of Buckley, Voss and Hird. Spare us.

I think some people don't realise that reputations are given over time. Harvey is considered soft/selfish because for the majority of his career he has been regardless of some specific incidents. Much like how Didak is still seen as being soft despite playing finals injured. Or how Port will always be chokers despite winning in 2004. Likewise if Collingwood lose a grand final this year the old calls of the collywobbles will come back.

That being said he has been a champion but much like Lloyd and his diving Harvey will also be remembered as a bit of a soft/selfish player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomer Harvey myths destroyed again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back