News Box Hill season 2022 news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Round 21 Geelong had 12 AFL listed players to our 8 and we won convincingly by 42 points. This suggests Geelong's list falls away sharply.

In Round 22 Sydney had 16 AFL listed players to our 7 and we suffered a big 57 points loss although at least we narrowly won the second and last quarters. I would like to know why Max Lynch played the last game in the AFL meaning he didn't qualify to play in the VFL finals. Also Max Ramsden and David Brinker-Ritchie up against Ladhams, Sinclair, McLean and McAndrew [210cms] was a major contributor to our big loss.

The EF will be a huge challenge given the Suns have named 21 AFL listed players to our 10. Morris, Butler, Phillips, Downie and O'Hara all qualified however they are unavailable.

Cavarra, Greene, Mascitti and Porter are all high performance VFL players and certainly earned their selection in the VFL squad of 40 . I think Ed Phillips was unlucky not be named plus Jordan Cunico and James Parsons missed a lot of matches due to injury. Brady Grey and Hugh Beasley are also very good VFL footballers.

Fergus Greene (forward pocket) and Ben Cavarra (forward pocket) named in the VFL team of the year, along with former Hawk, Teia Miles (named in the back pocket for Williamstown). Cavarra named as captain.

Interested to know how bringing it in house impacts our soft cap. I guess there must be ways around it or we wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back