News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

The potential upside in Daniher is much more than anything Brad can do. Brisbane are also right in the window, JD might just be the piece they need, Brad is just a toiler.

It has nothing to do with Dodo being great and our guys being lemons. The big mistake was not cashing in last year when we had the chance to land what is now pick 5 for Brad.

Thank you for Norf being in the comp next year we won't win another Spoon!

Upside and potential don't count in the AFLs eyes, only the contract Brisbane lodged, which Essendon negotiated with them to ensure it would be Band 1 and they didn't have to worry about a match and trade scenario.

I didn't say Dodoro was great. I said he was better than our team, who thought that instead of doing the above, just saying 'pick 2 or we match' was a better strategy.

ESS just bought Caldwell from GWS with a 4 year x $400K Contract .......I've been a Business Negotiator for 40 years

If we lose a player .....go out and show clubs you're not pushovers, by grabbing another player in response

Yes it costs more to do that .....but it sends a strong message that you will retaliate, and not accept a beating

Bugger looking after the relationship for the next deal ......you deal with the now, and worry about the future when it happens
Feels like we’re constantly looking after the relationship with other clubs for the next deal which never comes. The other clubs just keep profiting off us.

I do feel sorry for the Crows fans. Your club leaders came out day one with threats and "forcing a trade" and demanding pick 2 etc etc... and yet the Saints were holding ALL the cards from the start... it's one of the most bizarre moves I've seen (I'm being kind). And like Trump and his supporters, the blindly loyal ones believed it all. Pumped up the hopes of many when there was zero chance of anything better coming. Every club has fans who are thick as bricks too and will never get it. Anyway, you guys were let down from day one. And I know it's only a matter of time before my club gets screwed by free agency. It doesn't matter what our players are worth to us, only what they're worth where they're going. Peace, lick your wounds, and bring in some players who want to be there... and maybe some changes required from top down? Have a nice summer!

He missed 5 games this year with a hammy, which you have conveniently glossed over and blamed on the club. I’m not a huge fan of Haas, but Brad had soft tissue problems long before he arrived. Unfortunately his body is vulnerable to soft tissue injuries, and you can look up a number of scientific journals confirming that reoccurrence of soft tissue injuries after your first is extremely common. He has never played two full seasons in a row, that isn’t changed after 26.
I’ve got to give you kudos, you’ve earnt your pay cheque tonight.

Seriously, how do you do it? You’ve just witnessed first hand a major **** up and yet you are fighting the good fight. But have some integrity man, have an opinion that doesn’t start with the club knows what they are doing.

My question or perhaps statement and problem I have with the Crouch scenario is did your board and Adam Kelly/Hamish/Reid etc actually bother to lobby or push hard for the AFL to award you guys pick 2 (or a top 10 picks ish) compo for Crouch ?

Just as a casual observer/outsider, I dare say the Grand Poo Bahs running your club were counting on it happening, and thus were content to sit back and do nothing, and were stunned and taken unaback when band 1 compo failed to materialize..

I also do no understand why your club's admin have seemingly taken that slap in face so meekly (in comparison to the Daniher FA Compo Essenscum got)

Either your board and Footy Operations staff are simple Brown Nosers to the AFL or simply arrogant and or lazy enough not to try grease the wheels at a political level towards the AFL commission.

You have to remember Gold Coast only got their Priority Picks and over generous rescue package after months of incessant lobbying and public appeals from their Chairman Tony Cochrane.

As a Carlton fan, I don't like Cochrane, I feel like he is devious, self-serving and manipulative, but he has/will get the Suns house in order (with the help of AFL appointed Mark Evans)

The AFC need someone like him running the club and being unafraid to ruffle some feathers and tread on other club's toes in order to get what is best for the Adelaide Footy Club.

I do feel sorry for the Crows fans. Your club leaders came out day one with threats and "forcing a trade" and demanding pick 2 etc etc... and yet the Saints were holding ALL the cards from the start... it's one of the most bizarre moves I've seen (I'm being kind). And like Trump and his supporters, the blindly loyal ones believed it all. Pumped up the hopes of many when there was zero chance of anything better coming. Every club has fans who are thick as bricks too and will never get it. Anyway, you guys were let down from day one. And I know it's only a matter of time before my club gets screwed by free agency. It doesn't matter what our players are worth to us, only what they're worth where they're going. Peace, lick your wounds, and bring in some players who want to be there... and maybe some changes required from top down? Have a nice summer!
Brad Crouch isn't that big a loss. I did want him to be traded last year but he wanted too much $$$. Another 2nd rounder for a guy who layer 95 games in a seasons plus 600k off the books. Brandon Ellis signed a similar deal with GC and Richwhat got a 2nd rounder premiership player that Played 176 games in 8 years. Too bad this years draft is comprised to all hell. The Crows got Eddie Bets for unders and probably will get another gun in the future for nothing but a compo 2nd rounder.

It’s actually worse. We held some decent cards, but never played them.

Then when we lost we admitted we never had the guts to follow through with anything, and by doing so undermined our negotiating position for future trades!

Enjoy Crouch, hope he plays some good footy for the Saints.

My question or perhaps statement and problem I have with the Crouch scenario is did your board and Adam Kelly/Hamish/Reid etc actually bother to lobby or push hard for the AFL to award you guys pick 2 (or a top 10 picks ish) compo for Crouch ?

Just as a casual observer/outsider, I dare say the Grand Poo Bahs running your club were counting on it happening, and thus were content to sit back and do nothing, and were stunned and taken unaback when band 1 compo failed to materialize..

I also do no understand why your club's admin have seemingly taken that slap in face so meekly (in comparison to the Daniher FA Compo Essenscum got)

Either your board and Footy Operations staff are simple Brown Nosers to the AFL or simply arrogant and or lazy enough not to try grease the wheels at a political level towards the AFL commission.

You have to remember Gold Coast only got their Priority Picks and over generous rescue package after months of incessant lobbying and public appeals from their Chairman Tony Cochrane.

As a Carlton fan, I don't like Cochrane, I feel like he is devious, self-serving and manipulative, but he has/will get the Suns house in order (with the help of AFL appointed Mark Evans)

The AFC need someone like him running the club and being unafraid to ruffle some feathers and tread on other club's toes in order to get what is best for the Adelaide Footy Club.

Have been saying this for weeks.

We have a pissweak leadership, who have no integrity or courage, and refuse to get on the front foot to set the agenda or demand the best outcome for our Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been saying this for weeks.

We have a pissweak leadership, who have no integrity or courage, and refuse to get on the front foot to set the agenda or demand the best outcome for our Club.

We set the tone MONTHS out by never once stating that Brad Crouch is a required player and we wouldn't be letting him go easily

I missed it this arvo but heard Studley was getting stuck into Crouch. Such a good ambassador, I’m sure he posts on here. BACCS do you know who he posts as here?
Rowie was right onto Bicks saying someone had got into his ear about talking down Crouch over the past month.

Rowe is a moron, but he knows Bicks is a mouthpiece for the club and is used to tow the party line.

We set the tone MONTHS out by never once stating that Brad Crouch is a required player and we wouldn't be letting him easily
Like that Breaking Bad episode on half measures. We had a bob each way. And failed.

Either he’s required and we fight like he’ll to keep him e.g. we match.

Or he’s not required and we take what we’re given and move on.

We did neither and look like idiots.

It’s actually worse. We held some decent cards, but never played them.

Then when we lost we admitted we never had the guts to follow through with anything, and by doing so undermined our negotiating position for future trades!

Enjoy Crouch, hope he plays some good footy for the Saints.

I think the only thing the Crows could've done is negotiate a mutally beneficial trade for both clubs. But that was probably a big ask, blowing out the Saints cap for 4 years, with no real guarantees the AFL will award band 1. It's just the nature on the FA beast, we'll all get screwed by it at some stage.

I don't know much about Crouch, seems like a typical country lad. I just hope he gets fit and stays on the park, and buys into the club. You guys will clunk a few guns in the draft don't worry about that.

And you're closer to a flag, even if we are still measuring in light years.
Jump on board as your second side you might be surprised at our ascendancy. Look at our list ( King , Luko, Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, Greenwood, Sexton and watch Jy Farrar he is going to rip it up on 21) plus we are adding pick 5 and some run in Atkins and Marcov. If nothing else we will be fun to watch

I think the only thing the Crows could've done is negotiate a mutally beneficial trade for both clubs. But that was probably a big ask, blowing out the Saints cap for 4 years, with no real guarantees the AFL will award band 1. It's just the nature on the FA beast, we'll all get screwed by it at some stage.

I don't know much about Crouch, seems like a typical country lad. I just hope he gets fit and stays on the park, and buys into the club. You guys will clunk a few guns in the draft don't worry about that.
They should have read the room and played hardball. Certain clubs get screwed more often and certain others get looked after. 23 is peanuts for a player like Crouch especially in a compromised draft and they’d have been better off making a statement matching.

As it stands they’ve achieved a poor result and set themselves up to get screwed again in the future.

I also can't understand why we didn't trade him last year if we knew we would never give him a long term deal and knew that was the biggest thing he was after.

This is my exact main problem with it and what I have ranted about several times over the past week.

Those defending the club respond with “that’s easy to say in hindsight”.

HOW ABOUT SOME ****ING FORESIGHT.

The decision was clearly made PRIOR TO ROUND 2 that he was going to be pushed out of the club.

Why the hell wouldn’t you make the decision right around the time you’re shipping off Betts, Jacobs, Greenwood, Keath, CEY and Jenkins and cash Brad in for a Top 10 pick in the 2019 or 2020 draft (we absolutely could have gotten this, and Brad clearly would’ve agreed to it as evidenced by him shopping himself around).

As a result of not doing this, we are far worse off, Brad is worse off and we have strengthened our already firm hold on “biggest basket case in the AFL” honours.

What a gong show.

Cheers ..... we have a pretty good medical team so good chance he will play more than the 12 you squeezed out of him this year or even 22 which he played the year before.
Your medical team has done well with Hannebery so they should be able to get Brad firing in a similar fashion.

Brad Crouch isn't that big a loss. I did want him to be traded last year but he wanted too much $$$. Another 2nd rounder for a guy who layer 95 games in a seasons plus 600k off the books. Brandon Ellis signed a similar deal with GC and Richwhat got a 2nd rounder premiership player that Played 176 games in 8 years. Too bad this years draft is comprised to all hell. The Crows got Eddie Bets for unders and probably will get another gun in the future for nothing but a compo 2nd rounder.
Dream on.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back