News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to move on, we got out smarted and out played by the Saints. What the crows need to do now is make every deal a winner from here.

We need to work on getting western bulldogs first and try and get gold coasts first. Throw in Hately, Newchurch, Borlaise and hopefully Edwards

Even if we get the Dogs 1st, we still bid on JUH.

I dont give a f**k anymore, lets make draft night a joke.

I would have thought worked the other way re his attractiveness to us given the 20% discount we get if we nominate him.

Did you not watch the recent SANFL All Stars game where he gathered 28 disposals and found a target with almost every one of them and clearly high up in the best players for his team with his kicking and outstanding decision making and composure shining out.
I missed that, very impressive. Makes the decision more interesting now.

My last option we could have done:

Match the bid.

Talk to GC and trade Brad, 22 for Wright, 5.
Now, we pay all of Wright and 250k of Brad's contract for 3 years.

They get Brad for 400k a year and cap relief in Wright, while we get pick 5

Did you hear Jackson Hateley is coming to the club? We did actually target a 3rd year player
Given the Crouch loss now though I would throw a big offer to Parfitt - albeit unlikely to sway him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dunkley on Contract .....hasn't stopped ESS ....at least they're up to bat

Now that we have all taken a breath and the emotion has gone out of it, I'm not sure we did much wrong other than state that we would match it if we didn't get pick 2.

1. we were never going to get pick 2, that was only a dream
2. there was no other compo pick between pick 2 and what we ended up with. yes 23 is not enough, but there is no in-between
3. it's clear after hearing Kelly that the issue was the 5yrs that Brad was after. we weren't comfortable giving him that, and I have said all along I wouldn't offer more than 3yrs due to his injury history. Brad and his manager knew this, hence could go to StK and tell them he isn't after top dollar, give him 5yrs and the Crows won't match

Would we all be having such a hissy fit if it was only pick 12 that we would have got for compo?

oh by the way the contract is 4 years with trigger for the 5th. No guarentees for the 5th year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought worked the other way re his attractiveness to us given the 20% discount we get if we nominate him.

Did you not watch the recent SANFL All Stars game where he gathered 28 disposals and found a target with almost every one of them and clearly high up in the best players for his team with his kicking and outstanding decision making and composure shining out.

I watched the first half of that game, it was just so weird with no one caring who won, and the players only playing for themselves.

What was good was that the umps were clearly told only to pay the blatantly obvious decisions. Something to be learnt from that AFL.

Haven't seen much of Edwards but from what I have seen looks ok.

Longtime since I have posted... but need to vent. P!ssnF4rkF4arker.... I actually didn't want to move Brad on and to move him on for well below his trade value is dissappointing to say the least. This is completely embarrassing and Kane Cornes is going to have a field day. Crows hierarchy need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Matt, AA in a year we make the GF and also has a B&F. Also seems to have responded to a rocket from Nicks and adjusted to the new game plan by the end of the season. I’m sure Brad would have too, I just think Matt has shown more elite qualities to this point.
There is no way Matt is or was ever as good as Brad, both good players but Brad is superior.

oh by the way the contract is 4 years with trigger for the 5th. No guarentees for the 5th year.

I realise that, but there would have been the same melts if the fifth year was triggered by many on here saying how we have screwed ourselves by offering such a lengthy contract. Refer to Sloane/Walker etc.

Me?

Cherry picking is arbitrarily deciding upon an 8 year period for no other reason that it suits your purposes.

Immediately history, especially within a reasonable timeframe, is a hell of a lot more authentic than this "8 years bullshit."

8 years ago Eddie Betts was our leading goalkicker and Ben Rutten was still playing... and Brad Crouch broke his leg in the first Showdown.

It's ****ing irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back