Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

There hasn't been a time yet where a club yet has matched a bid to force a trade. They have all gone straight to trade before a bid with mutual agreement from the club. The most likely case is to avoid compensation loss. Even danger wasn't bid on. Geelong agreed to go straight to trade. I can only remember 1 player bid matched and they didn't get traded. I think if crows match a bid it is because brad and crows agreed on his worth and he stays. I don't think that will happen now. I think it will be either crows tell him he no longer has a place there or he will accept a 1 year offer at crows. If you look into the article about the tigers interests. It said it the interest was before the drug incident.
Crows made it clear to the Cats they would match for Dangerfield.... hence was done by a trade.

After BCrouch drug bust.
His value is diminished. So Adelaide will have to keep him or accept very late first round if lucky.
Geelong could be generous enough to cough up their last first round pick. (16) which would be just a bit better than end of first round(20) or second round(22).
Those picks will also be pushed back due to GWS compensation for Williams and Corr. And during the draft a lot of the Academy players set to be bid on fairly early.
Adelaide should just keep him now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, the drug bust now means we get to keep Brouch on a little less money...

Yes, the drug bust now means we get to keep Brouch on a little less money...
To be less honest , nobody actually care , people just looking for disagreement and reaction trying to win the argument , nothing to do with little less or more . Is all about reaction .From reaction 2 erection .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow till I die you been very vocal in Crouch, but in all seriously... Where do think Crouch will be playing in 2021? And what will you get in return in pick wise..
I think the illicit drug issue will be a non issue when it comes to clubs tabling offers after watching the dust settle and seeing rational heads in the media comment..not the partisans like the 5 minute fireman or rucci who are always conflicted.

I think he will get an offer around the $700k mark for 4-5 years and that will be one that is a grey area on FA. Could fall just inside band 1 if over $700k or band 2 if under or years are less.

I think the crows will look to match a deal that they feel wont be band 1 and will swallow his contract length. It may then become a trade and if geelong if i was the club i would be saying pick 11 + or no deal. Where that goes who knows. If it is port then crouch stays as tgey have nothing of value in terms of draft picks and cant use any of the drafts as a threat.

But the gut feel is he stays

I think the illicit drug issue will be a non issue when it comes to clubs tabling offers after watching the dust settle and seeing rational heads in the media comment..not the partisans like the 5 minute fireman or rucci who are always conflicted.

I think he will get an offer around the $700k mark for 4-5 years and that will be one that is a grey area on FA. Could fall just inside band 1 if over $700k or band 2 if under or years are less.

I think the crows will look to match a deal that they feel wont be band 1 and will swallow his contract length. It may then become a trade and if geelong if i was the club i would be saying pick 11 + or no deal. Where that goes who knows. If it is port then crouch stays as tgey have nothing of value in terms of draft picks and cant use any of the drafts as a threat.

But the gut feel is he stays
Fair enough, like your view and if that's your belief..... I may dis agree with part of that, but thats your views though

Last edited:
Crows fans can continue to dream on in this thread, some laughable things getting thrown around...

Crouch remains a “very good midfielder” but wasn’t worth enough to see Adelaide gain a first-round compensation pick if he left.

He vales Crouch around $500,000 per season and on a deal fewer than four years.

Gerard Whateley

"There's no doubt that he's knocked off a collective hundreds of thousands of dollars off his potential currency... The other clubs who were interested...I'd be staggered if they didn't reconsider."

Damien Barrett

How stupid of me. Why would anyone believe professional media people and literally everyone in this thread except Crows supporters?

Laughable. Keep clutching those straws.
I don’t agree with crows compo dreams but Wankley isn’t a professionAl anymore his a cat cheerleaDer if the cats are interested he will use all his platforms to talk crouch down.
If you think media is impartial you are seriously deluded!
Have you been locked in a basement for. 20 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back