News brad ebert quits west coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 28 seems fair.
His true value is probably late teens but he's nominated a club and is out of contract so we don't have much bargaining power.
Chances are that with Pick 28 we won't get a player of the same quality as Ebert, but then again, Ebert will never be a superstar and you never know, Pick 28 could be a star. This years Brownlow Medallist was pick 56 if I remember correctly.
#28's better than nothing.

Both GC and GWS will pass on him. Why would they want a player who will fly in from Adelaide for each match? He isn't a Gary Ablett.

Port just fked over WS for players from there all ready retired champions. You think Sheedy is going to let Ebert go without at least sweating on you that they will pick him up?

Kevin Sheedy we are talking about here.... He would gladly pick him up just to trade him a year later back to you...

If what Port fans are saying, that Brad will go PSD and screw West Coast
I think he will fast become our most hated player.

He wouldn't want to play us at Subi that's for sure, imagine the reception he would get.

He had so much opportunity that he didn't deserve.

He should leave on a good note with respect and do the right thing.

Graham Cornes said Port are working with GWS about the Chad Cornes and Brogan trade, and will try and get Ebert through the PSD, so maybe get a GWS PSD pick and in return get Ebert for nothing.

That's total bull shyte T B. Dont post crap.

I listened to the interview with Rhode and it was Cornes being mischievous and suggested it to Rhodes who said that Port would not do that as it would be draft tampering.

Port will make an offer that they believe will be genuine as they would be well aware that shafting another Club would have long term ramifications and Port would not want that.

Well Griffin is still contracted so Port have to pay something for him. A ruckman is a priority for them too. Ebert isnt as important. People are saying pick 28 is too low for Ebert but this pick could be used for Griffin now.

Ebert can be had in the PSD if no trade can be agreed on.

If Fremantle get pick 33 for Griffen then they are already winners. Port will offer Fremantle pick 51 and something else.

After the Judd Trade and the way Carlton dealt with us we were incredibly bitter with them. When rumours of Kerr moving to Carlton the year later surfaced, journos asked Woosh what he would want for him and he said Kruezer,Gibbs,Murphy and Judd. LOL. Truth is if clubs are fair with us we are fair with them. We gave very fair compo for Chick and Stenglein and took less than what was deserved on Gehrig and Judd. When a fringe player we know has little opportunities of getting what he wants requests a trade, we as a club do everything to accommodate said player. Mckinley,Spangher,Seaby,Staker. We never try to **** other clubs. Time is changing all you pathetic little teams like Port that rely on handouts and are trying to stand over our club with threats. Because once Free Agency comes in you can say bye bye to your W.A talent for F... all because you can't compete with our pockets, facilities, supporters and sponsors. Now we know how the Visy deal works i'm certain SGIO could do with a few spokesmen. One year to go. (licks lips)

Brad wont come to us through the PSD,

We wont stuff you guys over as it will completely bite us back.

Will be either Pick 28 or Pick 33 offered imo. And then we will go from there.

If that wont work, will have to work something out because Pick 6 wont be involved.

Brad wont come to us through the PSD,

We wont stuff you guys over as it will completely bite us back.

Will be either Pick 28 or Pick 33 offered imo. And then we will go from there.

If that wont work, will have to work something out because Pick 6 wont be involved.

People, please listen to TSW, this is the way it will go down. :thumbsu:

After the Judd Trade and the way Carlton dealt with us we were incredibly bitter with them. When rumours of Kerr moving to Carlton the year later surfaced, journos asked Woosh what he would want for him and he said Kruezer,Gibbs,Murphy and Judd. LOL. Truth is if clubs are fair with us we are fair with them. We gave very fair compo for Chick and Stenglein and took less than what was deserved on Gehrig and Judd. When a fringe player we know has little opportunities of getting what he wants requests a trade, we as a club do everything to accommodate said player. Mckinley,Spangher,Seaby,Staker. We never try to **** other clubs. Time is changing all you pathetic little teams like Port that rely on handouts and are trying to stand over our club with threats. Because once Free Agency comes in you can say bye bye to your W.A talent for F... all because you can't compete with our pockets, facilities, supporters and sponsors. Now we know how the Visy deal works i'm certain SGIO could do with a few spokesmen. One year to go. (licks lips)

Aren't you a classy man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says the person coming on to our board and saying you'll be picking up our young first round pick in the PSD for nothing. :rolleyes:

I never said.

I said that IF Ebert goes into the PSD, GC and WS will not select him as they won't want a player who will fly in and out of Adelaide. As this is the reason why he is leaving WC, to return home.

Read my post again then come back to me

Class has nothing to do with it PortBrilliance. I speak the truth. Our club has been nothing but fair every time a trade involves us and i dare you to prove me otherwise. I can appreciate Ebert wants to go home to you guys due to the history, it's where his heart is. But for me to have to sit here on my own teams board mind you and listen to trolls like you downgrade what he was worth to us, what he is worth to you which is why you want him for crying out loud. No i won't cop it. 28 is bullshit and most supporters on here know it. We have a right to vent our own opinions on the matter, especially here & considering what we have put into the kid i'm getting somewhat annoyed at seeing PSD and other crap mentioned. IF you guys want to play hardball then o.k, take him. But what goes around, comes around. The club will be getting pretty pissed off too one would imagine.

Both GC and GWS will pass on him. Why would they want a player who will fly in from Adelaide for each match? He isn't a Gary Ablett.

You nominate for the PSD you are bound by the rules on being a registered AFL player. You go to who ever picks you. Ebert refuses its draft tampering.

GC and GWS need hard bodied players exactly like Ebert, they'd even consider picking him up for free and on trading him next year, a 2nd rounder next year will be a decent pick. If Port won't trade next year they turn the entire thing into a farce.

Pay up something decent or take a hike. Would rather lose pick 33 and let every club know we don't get shafted. Free agency just around the corner and Eagles will be looking forward to that.;)

At this point 28 and 33 for Ebert and 45 is the best i can see our club asking for as we don't particularly want any players they'd be prepared to let go of. However they also want Griffen, so their club is more than likely going to try to have their cake and eat it too. They could offer 45 to Freo but would that get that deal done? I doubt it. And i also doubt Freo want any of their fringe. So unless Port trades out players and or picks for players or picks we want this is going to be messy. Maybe getting another club involved could be an option.

At this point 28 and 33 for Ebert and 45 is the best i can see our club asking for as we don't particularly want any players they'd be prepared to let go of. However they also want Griffen, so their club is more than likely going to try to have their cake and eat it too. They could offer 45 to Freo but would that get that deal done? I doubt it. And i also doubt Freo want any of their fringe. So unless Port trades out players and or picks for players or picks we want this is going to be messy. Maybe getting another club involved could be an option.

motlop really wants to be traded out of there. if freo are interested in him at all 45 & motlop should definitely get the deal done. In saying that though i'd prefer motlop on my list on his own over griffen.

motlop really wants to be traded out of there. if freo are interested in him at all 45 & motlop should definitely get the deal done. In saying that though i'd prefer motlop on my list on his own over griffen.

Oooohh i doubt they'd be after him Phil but hey what do i know? After all, Ross Lyon is at the helm now. :D

Ebert is probably worth pick 16 by himself without giving up 23. If we do give up 23 as well we would want pick 28 at least, or 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back