News brad ebert quits west coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. 28+33 for Griffin would be fine. Surely 23 on top of that would be unnecessary.

Perhaps a player + 23 for Clark and we keep 16?

That's a lot of picks for Griffin...

Perhaps this then...

Port - Griffen, Ebert
for 28, 33
Westcoast - 16, 38
for Ebert and 23
Fremantle - 23, 28, 33
for Griffen, 16, 38

or

Port - Ebert, Griffen
for 28, 33, 45
Westcoast - 16, 28
for Ebert, 23
Fremantle get - 23, 33, 45
for Griffen and 16

After the Judd Trade and the way Carlton dealt with us we were incredibly bitter with them. When rumours of Kerr moving to Carlton the year later surfaced, journos asked Woosh what he would want for him and he said Kruezer,Gibbs,Murphy and Judd. LOL. Truth is if clubs are fair with us we are fair with them. We gave very fair compo for Chick and Stenglein and took less than what was deserved on Gehrig and Judd. When a fringe player we know has little opportunities of getting what he wants requests a trade, we as a club do everything to accommodate said player. Mckinley,Spangher,Seaby,Staker. We never try to **** other clubs. Time is changing all you pathetic little teams like Port that rely on handouts and are trying to stand over our club with threats. Because once Free Agency comes in you can say bye bye to your W.A talent for F... all because you can't compete with our pockets, facilities, supporters and sponsors. Now we know how the Visy deal works i'm certain SGIO could do with a few spokesmen. One year to go. (licks lips)

Respect.

Best post I've ever seen on BF.

Perhaps this then...

Port - Griffen, Ebert
for 28, 33
Westcoast - 16, 38
for Ebert and 23
Fremantle - 23, 28, 33
for Griffen and 16

or

Port - Ebert, Griffen
for 28, 33, 45
Westcoast - 15, 33
for Ebert, 16
Fremantle get - 23, 28, 45
for Griffen and 16
So... Fremantle lose Griffin and move down 7 spots in the first to nab two second round picks?

Because once Free Agency comes in you can say bye bye to your W.A talent for F... all because you can't compete with our pockets, facilities, supporters and sponsors. Now we know how the Visy deal works i'm certain SGIO could do with a few spokesmen. One year to go. (licks lips)

a) When it comes to player payments, having lots of money doesn't really help because of the salary cap.

b) Our facilities are actually pretty middle-of-the-road by AFL standards these days.

c) I think you'll find that some of the Victorian clubs have some pretty good sponsors. Not that it really matters. By and large, the AFL regulate player payments pretty closely.

Do you honestly think that free agency will change things that much? The main purpose is to stop situations like Jade Rawlings or Nick Stevens. It's not going to allow us to snag a big name like, say, Franklin.

Ebert's Manager Rejects 3-way Trade

BRAD Ebert's manager has refused to be part of a mooted three-way deal between West Coast, Adelaide and Brisbane that would see Mitch Clark become an Eagle and Ebert a Crow.

"The Crows are aware that Brad's preference is to go to Port Adelaide and he'll be going to Port Adelaide, full stop," Reid said.

West Coast's best chance of snaring Clark is by offering Brisbane a deal headlined by a quality ready-made player, along with a draft pick.

No big shock there, but are you guys dirty with Ebert at all for demanding a specific club?

a) When it comes to player payments, having lots of money doesn't really help because of the salary cap.

b) Our facilities are actually pretty middle-of-the-road by AFL standards these days.

c) I think you'll find that some of the Victorian clubs have some pretty good sponsors. Not that it really matters. By and large, the AFL regulate player payments pretty closely.

Do you honestly think that free agency will change things that much? The main purpose is to stop situations like Jade Rawlings or Nick Stevens. It's not going to allow us to snag a big name like, say, Franklin.

Tyberious it was more a venting than anything else. However our facilities are alot better than a few other clubs i could mention. And in regards to players wanting to come here, with a new stadium hopefully coming soon, very loyal supporter base and pretty deep pockets in regards to spending on the football department we are poised alot more than other clubs to strike. The reason i mention sponsers was merely a dig at Judd.

"It is understood West Coast is not interested in any players Port might be willing to offer as a puzzle piece in a trade for Ebert."

"A West Coast insider said: "He (Motlop) wanted to come to Perth last year and nothing happened, so what's changed? Look at our playing list - and he's 29. They (Port Adelaide) are not going to give us a Travis Boak or a Hamish Hartlett or a Jackson Trengove."

Jacob Surjan and Michael Pettigrew have links to WA, but the pair, clearly on the outer at selection for the 16th-ranked Power this year, apparently have no appeal for the Eagles or Dockers.

It is now likely Port's list manager Jason Cripps will have to lace any deal to secure Ebert with desirable draft picks - perhaps its priority pick at No.29."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...bert-out-in-cold/story-fn69a32t-1226162040823

I think we all need to be prepared for the fact that we will only get Pick 29. Port are getting a steal - although Ebert's turnovers evens out the deal..

Feel like we're going to get shafted either way.

Ebert didn't attend the club best and fairest…uh-oh

No big shock there, but are you guys dirty with Ebert at all for demanding a specific club?

I don't think we can be. Everyone does what's best for them, I know I don't do things to please others first.

But it would have been better for WC for him to be happy with the Crows or Port, but the connection to Port is too strong evidently.

Ebert really must be quite bitter about not getting enough midfield time and missing out on the two finals..

Ebert really must be quite bitter about not getting enough midfield time and missing out on the two finals..
Not really. He's been offered a good contract by the club his family has strong connections to.

The guy's deluded if he thinks he was harshly treated. He's been given more opportunities to cement a position than any other young player at WCE - 70 odd games by age 21 FFS.

Good riddance to him if he's bitter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best part of the article :thumbsu::D
It is understood West Coast is not interested in any players Port might be willing to offer as a puzzle piece in a trade for Ebert.

That would spear Daniel Motlop's hopes of moving from Port to one of the WA-based clubs to be with his son, who is in Perth
Sorry but I just don't want Motlop. Would be livid if the club traded him in

Definitely.

How can his manager get away with making the statement that Ebert will be going to Port? This seems tantamount to expressing an intention to tamper with the draft...Sure he can't be forced to go to Adelaide - but equally he can't resist going to other clubs ahead of Port in the PSD. The manager should be served with one of Adrian Anderson's "please explain" letters.

Definitely.

How can his manager get away with making the statement that Ebert will be going to Port? This seems tantamount to expressing an intention to tamper with the draft...Sure he can't be forced to go to Adelaide - but equally he can't resist going to other clubs ahead of Port in the PSD. The manager should be served with one of Adrian Anderson's "please explain" letters.
Happens every year

Not really. He's been offered a good contract by the club his family has strong connections to.

Strong connections? His cousin Brett has played 150 games for Port, his uncle Russell is possibly the greatest player ever for Port Adelaide, who played 392 games for the club, and his dad played for Port Adelaide.

So his family doesn't just have strong connections to Port Adelaide, his family is second best family (only to the Williams family) to ever represent Port Adelaide. And by the time Brett and Brad's careers are over, some might say the Ebert family is the greatest family of Port Adelaide.

And yes, Port Adelaide has been a big family club for years. With the Williams', Ebert's, Burgoyne's, Cornes' (excluding Graham), Tredrea's, Westhoff's (although Matthew has been delisted), Motlop's (now both are gone). I've probably forgotten another family or two lol

Pick 28 it is I guess... Port are getting Ebert at a steal if that's the case.

Picks 23, 28 and 45 in this years draft...

Trying to swap pick 45 for Ports pick 33 in the Ebert trade would balance it out allot.

Picks 23, 28 and 33 are all pretty good draft selections, I'd be happy with that.

Strong connections? His cousin Brett has played 150 games for Port, his uncle Russell is possibly the greatest player ever for Port Adelaide, who played 392 games for the club, and his dad played for Port Adelaide.

So his family doesn't just have strong connections to Port Adelaide, his family is second best family (only to the Williams family) to ever represent Port Adelaide. And by the time Brett and Brad's careers are over, some might say the Ebert family is the greatest family of Port Adelaide.

And yes, Port Adelaide has been a big family club for years. With the Williams', Ebert's, Burgoyne's, Cornes' (excluding Graham), Tredrea's, Westhoff's (although Matthew has been delisted), Motlop's (now both are gone). I've probably forgotten another family or two lol
I was agreeing with you.

Strong: [adjective] having strength or power greater than average or expected; not faint or feeble; Having force of conviction or feeling; uncompromising: strong faith; a strong supporter. Intense in degree or quality: a strong emotion; strong motivation.

What about the word you troll did you take offense to again? O.K everyone so Russell is God so that makes Brad Jesus? I'm confused? :rolleyes:

Russell and his dad played for the Magpies?

Eagles management are going to look like absolute clowns if they drafted Ebert at 13, give him an arm-chair ride into the team for 70 odd games while guys like Koby Stevens are stuck in the WAFL, and then trade him away for pick 28. It just looks like they have no plan or idea what the hell they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back