Brad Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're getting upset about things that haven't even happened yet? And in all likeliness will not happen? Where's the evidence that he'll be put ahead of those players?

How am I getting upset? Just stating my opinion on the matter and replying to those who are stating Miller will/should play seniors, will kick x amount of goals and talking like he will be played on form not for injuries, etc. I think you're confused.

If Miller plays 1 single game in the seniors over a kid for any reason other than injuries then it's automatically a shortcut. Hardwick made a promise several times he won't take shortcuts.

That sort of stuff suggests you're upset.

If Miller is playing games ahead of any of our younger KPFs its not him or Hardwick we should be upset at, its the players we should be getting stuck into for they will be given the opportunity to grab the remaining KPF spot/s, if they do then I doubt we'll see Miller at senior level, if they don't and Millers form is deserving then why shouldn't we play him.

If Miller is playing games ahead of any of our younger KPFs its not him or Hardwick we should be upset at, its the players we should be getting stuck into for they will be given the opportunity to grab the remaining KPF spot/s, if they do then I doubt we'll see Miller at senior level, if they don't and Millers form is deserving then why shouldn't we play him.

Why don't we recruit Ashley Hansen and Brad Fisher too? Even while very average their output would be slightly higher as well because they're mature age players with a number of preseasons behind them, coming up against kids. What do you expect? Silly logic. Miller should not play in front of his kids even if in better form in the 2's. That's just another short term band aid. If we approach it the way you want to we haven't learnt much from the past. Anyways I'm done on this matter.

If the club thinks highly enough of his leadership qualities and coaching ability and this is the best way to get him and possibly skirting around the VFL salary cap then I can accpet that considering how compromised the draft has been this year and further with GWS having a bunch of picks in the rookie draft before anyone else gets a go you would imagine that there will be very little left so if this is how the club goes I am with them.

That all said I would be disapoointed to se him get elevated to the list and play a senior game unless we have a horrendous run with injury.

Why don't we recruit Ashley Hansen and Brad Fisher too? Even while very average their output would be slightly higher as well because they're mature age players with a number of preseasons behind them, coming up against kids. What do you expect? Silly logic. Miller should not play in front of his kids even if in better form in the 2's. That's just another short term band aid. If we approach it the way you want to we haven't learnt much from the past. Anyways I'm done on this matter.
Ash Hansen is a bloke with a shot body its why the Eagles cut him despite being contracted. Fisher also has issues with his body and struggled to get right. Miller has no issues with his body and according to reports chose to play at VFL level last year while the Dees put game time into youngsters.

As for playing him ahead of guys like Vickery Post & Griffiths, well sorry Barnzy but you don't achieve anything playing kids at AFL level when their form doesn't warrant it. All you do is destroy their confidence and ruin careers.

Miller at the very least gives us a healthy mature body to provide support to Jack if the kids don't step up to the plate. Thats not applying a bandaid or taking a shortcut, its called protecting your investment in the kids.

Its the same reason why the Dees were keen to get Hale and why the Suns got Fraser despite both struggling to get games for their clubs last year.

Like I said there is no reason to be upset with Miller or Hardwick if he plays ahead of Post Vickery or Griffiths, especially when you have declared the first 2 are ready to step up.

BTW, if they don't step up and Griffiths is still struggling with injury then who we turn to to give support to Jack? The only other kid left is Westhoff who is still another year away from being physically ready.

Ash Hansen is a bloke with a shot body its why the Eagles cut him despite being contracted. Fisher also has issues with his body and struggled to get right. Miller has no issues with his body and according to reports chose to play at VFL level last year while the Dees put game time into youngsters.

As for playing him ahead of guys like Vickery Post & Griffiths, well sorry Barnzy but you don't achieve anything playing kids at AFL level when their form doesn't warrant it. All you do is destroy their confidence and ruin careers.

Miller at the very least gives us a healthy mature body to provide support to Jack if the kids don't step up to the plate. Thats not applying a bandaid or taking a shortcut, its called protecting your investment in the kids.

Its the same reason why the Dees were keen to get Hale and why the Suns got Fraser despite both struggling to get games for their clubs last year.

Like I said there is no reason to be upset with Miller or Hardwick if he plays ahead of Post Vickery or Griffiths, especially when you have declared the first 2 are ready to step up.

BTW, if they don't step up and Griffiths is still struggling with injury then who we turn to to give support to Jack? The only other kid left is Westhoff who is still another year away from being physically ready.

Totally agree RT73. Game time in the seniors is all the more sweet and valued if players have to really earn it. Getting physically ready is the first step. Also providing a target to support JR8 is a bonus too and if he's got the respect of D. Hardwick as a leader, thats good enough for me:thumbsu::D

He certainly showed he can be a dominate VFL player & IMO I see him playing the role Jack plays for the seniors (key dominant fwd for Coburg) thus allowing our youngsters to develop our style of play through Coburg, (long & direct) whilst also allowing players such as Griffiths \ Post or who ever plays fwd for Coburg to learn the role of CHF \ 2nd, 3rd tall they way we want them to play (where to lead & where not to lead e.g), making the transition easier when they do get their chance in the seniors.

It aligns Coburg to mimic more of our senior side which I believe can only be a benefit

No it doesn't.

your inability to see any other side to the story beside your own, shows how narrow minded and ill informed your comments are. Your comments may get respected a little bit if you werent so beligerent and quick to ridicule those who but up a differing view.

your inability to see any other side to the story beside your own, shows how narrow minded and ill informed your comments are. Your comments may get respected a little bit if you werent so beligerent and quick to ridicule those who but up a differing view.

My comments might not get respected? Haha, by who? You? Oh I'm shattered if I don't have some random forum posters respect. I have my opinion and I stick to it. No different to others sticking their opinion. I see the other sides argument but I think it's silly and have replied as such. If you don't like it then bad luck, champ.

It's important for the the development of the younger players for coburg to have a strong year.

It wouldn't be a bad thing for contin, helbig, dea etc. To have a target to aim at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way should he ever be played in front of the kids.

But the kids shouldn't be played if they aren't physically ready and their bodies can't handle it.

Dimma knows this. He's a backup. He may get early game time while the kids try to fill out, but they will be pushing him to coburg as the season goes on.

I know I will get shot down for this, but the best player on our list, in the best form, is the player I would pick for the seniors while our season is alive. If he is 30 or 17 years old I dont care.

This may be seen as short sighted but how about we make the kids earn a game when we have something to play for. I know where we are at but I refuse to enter a season conceding we will not make finals and would like us to give it our best shot.

Wouldnt be great to see Posty or Vickery or Griff dominate Coburg and force there way in rather than just gifting them games.

I for one have always played my best footy when I have had to work my ass off for my spot.

I know I will get shot down for this, but the best player on our list, in the best form, is the player I would pick for the seniors while our season is alive. If he is 30 or 17 years old I dont care.

This may be seen as short sighted but how about we make the kids earn a game when we have something to play for. I know where we are at but I refuse to enter a season conceding we will not make finals and would like us to give it our best shot.

Wouldnt be great to see Posty or Vickery or Griff dominate Coburg and force there way in rather than just gifting them games.

I for one have always played my best footy when I have had to work my ass off for my spot.

Agree 100% I actually like Miller he's a very good footballer and hes only 27? Will teach the boys a helluva lot, boss em round an rough em up a little, time to harden up boys. :thumbsu:

Agree 100% I actually like Miller he's a very good footballer and hes only 27? Will teach the boys a helluva lot, boss em round an rough em up a little, time to harden up boys. :thumbsu:

Could give us 3-5 years of good service.

He will have a hell of alot to prove IMO and could suprise a few. If not, no big deal.

Am I the only one that thinks Miller always looked better for the Demons in the stints he played as a key defender than he ever did as a forward?

Yeah, I remember him playing some decent footy down back at times, I just wonder if Hardwick maybe has the idea of Miller playing as a defensive type forward more than anything given the fact he has shown something when playing in the backline.

No no no no no no no.

He can't contribute anything. He's a loser, who played for a losing side.

If he played for Geelong, then maybe he would have something to give.

And everyones talking about leadership and experience....just because a bloke is 28+ doesn't mean he has any of those qualities.

No no no no no no no.

He can't contribute anything. He's a loser, who played for a losing side.

If he played for Geelong, then maybe he would have something to give.

And everyones talking about leadership and experience....just because a bloke is 28+ doesn't mean he has any of those qualities.
On this logic we should delist every player on our list seeing as none of them have ever played for a winning side. :eek:

Some of them have this lovely little thing called talent.
Sorry but you don't have a 10 year career and play 130 odd games of AFL if you have no talent. It simply doesn't work that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back