Brad Smiths Season Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 15, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Worst outcome for the lad. It appears he has done an ACL and will need reconstruction. :(

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200502/s1297710.htm

Knee injury sidelines Eagles rookie

West Coast full-forward Brad Smith will miss the 2005 season with tests confirming he has suffered a serious knee injury.

Smith damaged the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a weekend intra-club match in Busselton.

It means the strong marking forward will need a knee reconstruction.

The 25-year-old rookie was drafted by the Eagles after kicking more than 100 goals for Subiaco in the WAFL last season.

Nothing we didnt already know. I dont think he is finished as an AFL footballer, he is only 25 and Gehrig only kicked a ton for the first time last year and he is 29. He can spend all the time off catching up in gym work.

coasting said:
Nothing we didnt already know. I dont think he is finished as an AFL footballer, he is only 25 and Gehrig only kicked a ton for the first time last year and he is 29. He can spend all the time off catching up in gym work.
Sorry, I thought we didint know if it was PCL or ACL yet, but it seems averyone but me already did :eek:.

I was however wondering if it was the same knee he injured last time, and if it is does this mean we have got another injury prone forward to worry about everytime he goes down? Between McDougall, Gardi and now Smith i'm pretty sure I'm going to be very grey within the next two years.

(EKA you can merge this with the other Brad Smith thread if you like)

Just read about this and wish to extend my commiserations to Brad and the club.
Ridiculous and unfair fate for a young footballer, to be wiped out for a season in a warm up for the pre-season comp.

Eagles4Eva said:
Sorry, I thought we didint know if it was PCL or ACL yet, but it seems averyone but me already did :eek:.

I was however wondering if it was the same knee he injured last time, and if it is does this mean we have got another injury prone forward to worry about everytime he goes down? Between McDougall, Gardi and now Smith i'm pretty sure I'm going to be very grey within the next two years.

(EKA you can merge this with the other Brad Smith thread if you like)
It's the same knee he injured in the 2003 GF. I can't remember what he actually did to it in 03 (Subi fans help me out); however I don't think the injuries are due to an underlying problem with his left knee so no need to write him off as injury prone. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Smiths Season Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back