News Brady Rawlings appointed as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

They have an end of round 1 pick next year.

My bad, 2/3 of the sites I checked said Essendon won't be partaking in either round.

The club is prohibited from using its first and second round selections in the 2013 and 2014 AFL Drafts, but they were granted a selection at the end of the first round of the 2014 draft. Essendon may trade in to any round of the 2013 or 2014 drafts.

So yeah, they do indeed.

2013: Lost at least their first round pick, not sure if they lost their second though. Considered to have finished 9th for when they enter the draft though

2014: Lost both first and second round picks, but they have ben given one for the end of first round, so 18 (with 17 clubs having a first round pick). So the lose two and gain one that is in the middle sort of.

Edit: beaten to it.

I didn't mind Jade Rawlings at Richmond but since then he has been let go by Brisbane while his backline at Melbourne leaked like a sieve. If he comes to the club hopefully it is nothing more than a ruck coach or something like that.

I didn't mind Jade Rawlings at Richmond but since then he has been let go by Brisbane while his backline at Melbourne leaked like a sieve. If he comes to the club hopefully it is nothing more than a ruck coach or something like that.

Hard for Melbourne's backline to be competitive when your midfield's ball winning ability is non-existent.

I certainly don't want Jade in either case, but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt re: Melbourne. That club was a basket case all over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's too late to get a full roster of assistants. Collingwood only got Burns a couple of days ago, Melbourne haven't signed up their coach in waiting yet, it's only been a couple of weeks since the season ended for Fremantle and Hawthorn and only one more week for Geelong and Sydney, North are still trying to sign Bassett so they're obviously still looking, several players who might go into coaching have only just retired. It may be later than many here would like, but I don't think it is by any means too late.

North are not signing Basset at all he is still free , go get him Simmo NOW

That was bloody quick :)

lol too soon? :p

Scott worked with Brown under Malthouse back in the Collingwood days and tried to get him over when Scott got the job but he opted for a gig at Carlton at the time. I think the planets aligned with Simmo offering Rawlings a gig and Brown coming out of contract at Carlton.

You have to get in quick down here it is like a game of musical chairs, if you drag your feet the choices get pretty thin pretty quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brady Rawlings appointed as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back