News Brady Rawlings appointed as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Second-hand information that Dean Laidley may be an assistant coach at the eags. Thoughts?
As long as he doesn't interact with the supporters, all good. :)

I rate his game day tactics...but we would have heaps of North flavor in the team. Would be weird to see an ex senior coach become an assistant under a captain he coached.

I also rate his game day tactics. Prepared to try/offer up radical tactics if plan A and B not working from memory

I also rate his game day tactics. Prepared to try/offer up radical tactics if plan A and B not working from memory

One of our problems in the last few years is that we have a plan A and nothing else. We stick to that plan so stubbornly, that it often resulted in our demise in games where other teams would change things up and get the upper hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always liked the way Brady went about it. Coaching appears to be in the genes as well I guess. I think we'll look back on this appointment as important going forward. Both also played big roles under Laidley, will be interesting to see if that has any residual influence on them.

The West Coast-North rivalry on these boards might heat up a little more now too, which is always good.

I have my norf avatar ready for round 2. So much fun :thumbsu::D
Is Rd 2 the word? In the Perth heat in March? Sh!t.

The West Coast-North rivalry on these boards might heat up a little more now too, which is always good.
As a WA-based North Melbourne supporter I obviously have nothing but contempt for the WA clubs. These appointments represent some sort of 'positive virus' that somehow lessens the contempt if anything. I like the "7 of Norf" comment, given #7 was Simmo's number.

On those who think Brady's coaching resume is something awesome, I don't know about that. I'm not saying he is crap or anything, but he has merely done a couple of years shadowing/learning from Cam Joyce and Bryce Lewis on the recruiting side of things, and was in a player development role that involved orientation roles with first year players. Obviously it would be a bit more than that, but it's hardly like he's headed up our recruitment or had a major assistant coaching role with one of the lines.

I think his primary benefit will be being a trusted 'right hand man' for Simmo and taking the next step up in his coaching career. One thing he and Simmo share is making the most of limited talent, a trait common to many good coaches. Good luck to him, and to them both (up to a point).

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brady Rawlings appointed as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back