List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

hilly I rate you as a poster normally.
We must disagree here.
The Snozz has been with us since 2019, and we’ve been a travelling carnival shitshow the entire time. We’re only starting to see the fruits, hopefully, now, of a prolonged and protracted “reset” which then became a “rebuild”… Every senior player he got across the line in this trade period, I rate. And I thought he did his best.

I will die on the hill of snozz. He’s doing alright. He’s the least of our problems. Being our list manager has been like purchasing multiple Lamborghini’s and giving people who can only ride a scooter the keys.
Our culture is poor. He’s just trying to get players - who are not shit - in to fix it.

Play on.

When is he going to start cleaning up.this mess?

Mate, he’s been trying for 5 years. He’s been under the hairy doom-wing of Amarfio, Noble, Shaw et al and a shit-tip left by Brad Scott.

You want him to get down to training as well and start driving standards? Or is that someone else’s job?

Want him to select matchday teams and make moves on the day of a game, or are we paying people for those things?

Mate, he’s been trying for 5 years. He’s been under the hairy doom-wing of Amarfio, Noble, Shaw et al and a shit-tip left by Brad Scott.

You want him to get down to training as well and start driving standards? Or is that someone else’s job?

Want him to select matchday teams and make moves on the day of a game, or are we paying people for those things?

Seems like we could have got someone cheaper then if there was no possibility of building a balanced and competitive list in five years

I truly don’t know how to rate Brady. Development isn’t his job and I don’t think we have made many hero calls with significant picks that other clubs wouldn’t make. Recent times our drafting has looked good.

Our mature age moves have all been awful and his trading is poor. Can we move him purely to draft and let someone better manage trading and recruiting from other clubs?

For me, it's been the culmination of Shaw era falling apart quicker than it rose, Noble sacking and list management leaving and the Hawks investigation.

There hasn't been back to back stable seasons for Rawlings at all during his tenure. I think that needs to be taken into consideration. Especially when animosity and internal conflicts were taking place before those idiots walked out the door on us.

When a list management team walks out, that means some MAJOR disagreements were happening and I wonder how much of it impacted the list. Rebuild reset like 3 or 4 times it felt like.

Can't really do much with that. I'm glad we've got a better team in and they are making inroads however the damage inflicted would've been so devastating we're still recovering!

I'm disappointed we caved on their demand for Pick 25. I struggle to see Daniel as worth it. However, considering he was a contracted player we headhunted it's possible Clarkson sees him as perfect for a specific role in the gameplan.
I wonder if he plays a similar quarterback role to what Mitchell did at the Hawks in his later years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, it's been the culmination of Shaw era falling apart quicker than it rose, Noble sacking and list management leaving and the Hawks investigation.

There hasn't been back to back stable seasons for Rawlings at all during his tenure. I think that needs to be taken into consideration. Especially when animosity and internal conflicts were taking place before those idiots walked out the door on us.

When a list management team walks out, that means some MAJOR disagreements were happening and I wonder how much of it impacted the list. Rebuild reset like 3 or 4 times it felt like.

Can't really do much with that. I'm glad we've got a better team in and they are making inroads however the damage inflicted would've been so devastating we're still recovering!

He handles himself magnificently and while some might point out that he’s on the payroll… He was on the payroll of another team. He could be on the payroll of another team. But he’s here with us doing what was potentially the least attractive job in the AFL, risking his reputation to help build this club. And I’m glad he is.
*edit - he’s been list manager 3 years longer than I initially said, but the point stands that he’s been trying to clean up a shit show through multiple failed administrations pretty much the whole time.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back