Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If McGuire is saying this, why would we be saying its Home Showdown only.

It has to be ANZAC day also.
Personally I don't care if they are both in the first half of the season.

View attachment 1630641

ANZAC day at home, even over Showdowns, to be blunt.

If we were allowed only one game to choose, you'd choose Anzac Round every day, even if it meant you missed out whenever you were scheduled away for that round.

However, I'm happy we've got somewhere and shifted the argument to 'when can we?' from 'why can't we?'.

Sort of sounds like he's I love how Eddie's losing his grip on this debate and reality.
In X years time when we see the Bars/Pylons 3 times a year, his deluded voice of protest won't be heard

"I said this would happen"
It will all have been part of his cunning plan to save Port when it becomes the norm.

On the podcast Tredrea mentions that we will be wearing the Prison Bars (PBs) every year going forward and the club will have no limitations on how many PBs they produce according to a person at PAFC involved in discussions.
Mentions the AFL has no rights to the PB guernsey regarding logo/sponsor sizes etc
Mentions it will take 6 months for Macron to produce the guernsey so provided an order has been placed already we could get more end of September ...

Rough Financial Calculations for PB
This is an extreme number of sales but... if 60,000 jumpers are sold that would get us out of the $5.8 million debt end of this season
(providing our other revenue streams are healthy).
Each adult PB cost $125 ---> assuming all members buy which wont be the case since we only have 52,000 currently ...
10% members discount of $125 = $112.50 per PB
Cost of $112.50 for an ADULT PB ---> Say Macron takes $25 out of each $112.50 for cost of production/delivery = $87.50 profit for PAFC per guernsey
Now $87.50 x 60,000 sales = $5,250,000 profit for PAFC just from the guernsey

End profit margin will vary since this is not taking into account kids guernseys which sell for less, some customers will not have members discount, some customers may double up (ME) and Macrons cut from each guernsey sale could be higher or lower

If McGuire is saying this, why would we be saying its Home Showdown only.

It has to be ANZAC day also.
Personally I don't care if they are both in the first half of the season.

View attachment 1630641
McGuire is a really dumb and disingenuous campaigner.

Screenshot_2023-03-16-19-49-49-213.jpeg

He thought that wearing a guernsey that isn't the Prison Bars was "a good compromise" to being allowed to wear the Prison Bars. :think:

On the podcast Tredrea mentions that we will be wearing the Prison Bars (PBs) every year going forward and the club will have no limitations on how many PBs they produce according to a person at PAFC involved in discussions.
Mentions the AFL has no rights to the PB guernsey regarding logo/sponsor sizes etc
Mentions it will take 6 months for Macron to produce the guernsey so provided an order has been placed already we could get more end of September ...

Rough Financial Calculations for PB
This is an extreme number of sales but... if 60,000 jumpers are sold that would get us out of the $5.8 million debt end of this season
(providing our other revenue streams are healthy).
Each adult PB cost $125 ---> assuming all members buy which wont be the case since we only have 52,000 currently ...
10% members discount of $125 = $112.50 per PB
Cost of $112.50 for an ADULT PB ---> Say Macron takes $25 out of each $112.50 for cost of production/delivery = $87.50 profit for PAFC per guernsey
Now $87.50 x 60,000 sales = $5,250,000 profit for PAFC just from the guernsey

End profit margin will vary since this is not taking into account kids guernseys which sell for less, some customers will not have members discount, some customers may double up (ME) and Macrons cut from each guernsey sale could be higher or lower
There is no way on earth that the club sells 60k guernseys
I doubt theyd sell a third

There is no way on earth that the club sells 60k guernseys
I doubt theyd sell a third
It was the highest selling jumper in 2020. I know part of that came from the scarcity of it up to that point but it’s a genuine money maker. That’s honestly one of the biggest reasons I’ve been so frustrated by Collingwood stifling our attempts to wear the jumper, it’s been depriving our club of so much money despite the fact that Collingwood lose zero money from us being able to wear it.

It was the highest selling jumper in 2020. I know part of that came from the scarcity of it up to that point but it’s a genuine money maker. That’s honestly one of the biggest reasons I’ve been so frustrated by Collingwood stifling our attempts to wear the jumper, it’s been depriving our club of so much money despite the fact that Collingwood lose zero money from us being able to wear it.
Of course Collingwood are impacted financially, so many Victorian youngsters will see that the PBs are sold out online and think that they can’t get a Collingwood guernsey and will stop supporting the club, and the death spiral begins. They’ll have to get the tarps out to cover large swathes of empty seats at Anzac Day and Queens Birthday (if they get to keep them of course). Soon they’ll be selling home matches to GWS and asking the AFL to pay less than 95% of the cap.

Six months, can't we just remove the contract from the French and buy the US and UK versions, and then set up a factory at Osborne to build our own?
We can store them all in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six months, can't we just remove the contract from the French and buy the US and UK versions, and then set up a factory at Osborne to build our own?
We can store them all in WA.
Macron would not be happy.

Can we stop bringing up Eddie McGuire now as he no longer has influence over our club. The guy is a deadhead and waste of oxygen. I'm surprised he hasn't been permanently cancelled yet by the SJW's. I can't even stand seeing or listening to him on radio or tv as he has lost all credibility to me.

And sold out of all adult sizes other than 4XL and 5XL within 2 hours.

Those who were lucky enough to snare one from the online pre-order sale last week should see them arrive next week via Australia Post.

Last edited:
Probably unpopular opinion but I won't bother getting one, I'm happy with the 2020 edition and that's the last time I spent any money at the club

I'm in the same boat here. I'm satisfied with my 150 year edition in 2020 as my only PB guernsey in my wardrobe but I am sure as hell not discouraging anyone else to buy multiples if they can afford it. The club will be grateful for the additional revenue being generated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back