Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My second team (if I had one) is the Lions because of my late mother whom was born and bred in Fitzroy. She followed the Swans though when the merged with the Bears but, but i have a soft spot for the Lions. Just annoyed at their endless amount of salary cap space. It seems like a bottomless pit.

(b) we don’t have to hear Country Roads. It can f*** right off.
I'll be having my TV on mute. Second most hated song in living history behind Sweet Caroline.

Brain did all the important stuff.

An underrated cartoon dog for sure. I mean he couldn't fly his kennel and write a novel, but he was certainly a better detective than Scooby.

This game provides the opportunity to validate the gap between us and the rest. a win against the form team of the trailing pack and we grow another foot taller.

An underrated cartoon dog for sure. I mean he couldn't fly his kennel and write a novel, but he was certainly a better detective than Scooby.
Scooby was a coward. I hated that cartoon. I'm pretty sure that blonde guy is a pervert and did some unsavoury things with Thelma and Daphne when they split up looking for ghosts. But this is going off topic though, don't want Ticky009 going all 'mother' like on me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scooby was a coward. I hated that cartoon. I'm pretty sure that blonde guy is a pervert and did some unsavoury things with Thelma and Daphne when they split up looking for ghosts. But this is going off topic though, don't want Ticky009 going all 'mother' like on me.

Ticky started the ranking of Cartoon Dogs topic.

I agree re Scooby, only really enjoyed that episode with Batman and Robin.

Can't keep getting games for that output , Parker had a bigger game .

Depends what the role is, what he is asked to do, allowed to do. He showed some really good composure yesterday. He also did most of his work when the game was won.

He faded later stat wise, but it all depends on his role, instructions etc etc the stuff we won't know.

It's easy to just check the stat sheet and go ok Campbell , Adams etc didn't get it 20 drop then. But that's a bit simplistic imo.

Also holding every player to Parker's sub game stat standard would be harsh, will be dropping a lot of players.

Will be interesting to see how the Lions perform this afternoon. One day less break, flying back from WA, I feel like we're in with a good shot if we show up.

Jmac out for Heeney most likely but, as I mentioned in the autopsy, would like to see McLean and Amartey get a break soon. They look a little tired mentally and their goal kicking issues might be the result. Nice circuit breaker for them and rewards Hamling with a well-earned shot up forward for a couple of weeks.

Anyone else think Blakey could be awesome in the Jmac wingman role? Would lose his rebound Mind you, but might mix things up? maybe stupid, just love ball in hand for the Lizard

Anyone else think Blakey could be awesome in the Jmac wingman role? Would lose his rebound Mind you, but might mix things up? maybe stupid, just love ball in hand for the Lizard
Would be almost a like for a like replacement and put Roberts on the HB in Blakey's spot.

If the Lions beat the Eagles today they have beaten

North home
Melbourne x 2 home and away
Suns home
Tigers home
dogs away - arguably best win
saints home
power - big win away other contender for best win
crows home

drew with Crows

They have lost to the Blues, Dockers, Pies, cats, Gws, Hawks

They probably belong 5-8th in reality , the wins have just been in a clump and a couple of big ones, take nothing away but we should win.

Gabba is my main cause for concern

Playing as a defender is pretty critical to Blakey's success imo

Whenever he gets those turnovers in general play the ground is in a state of chaos and he has the most opportunity to break the lines and game open

Wingman would be more structural and less chaotic

pass

Yeah true , sorry just thinking outloud

I know it's become a bit of a meme but all jokes aside surely Reid is a chance?

Even with Amarteys body of work I would feel alot more confident with Reid lining up at full forward despite not a single game of seniors in ages. You're guaranteed contested grabs and classy ball use + ground level work. Give Amartey a rest in the twos and let him know his position isn't guaranteed unless he can be more consistent at imposing himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back