Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to start resting players it's now. I'm guessing the players are being put through a hard training block in preparation for finals, so better off having game day rests between now and a few weeks to reduce chance of gameday injury rather than waiting till the last round. Suspecting McInerney and Cunningham may be a symptoms of that. And there's a couple of guys running ragged like Gulden, rowbum and Blakey who I wouldn't mind seeing rested. Would be devastating for one of them to go down - we can afford it with Mills and Parker back in.

Also I'm not convinced that a bye right before finals especially is a good thing. Better off mixing it up now before playing the full team in round 24 heading into finals.

It will be interesting. I think we should go with our best against Brisbane though .

Will be a hard balancing act, I suspect the players don't want to rest

I can see some logic to it, but also I think you are right we know what Reid will give us and in an emergency he will come in and give us that.

Let's say we roll through from here and top is locked.

Last game v the Crows it would be tempting imo to rest Grundy, Amartey etc and play Ladhams and Reid Etc

But wonder if we would?
Then they'd have a 3 week break between their last h&a game and week 1 finals. Probably a bit long.

It will be interesting. I think we should go with our best against Brisbane though .

Will be a hard balancing act, I suspect the players don't want to rest
Have to save them from themselves sometimes otherwise they'll all want 100% game time before something goes pop.

Not suggesting a whole host of changes - just 1 or 2 specific positions rotating for the next few weeks resulting in 6 or so senior players having a break, and the latter getting senior game time.

Geelongs approach in 2022 was on the money. And with Holmes going down they had Parfitt coming in who wasn't short on senior game time.

Why are we talking about resting players when we haven't guaranteed a top two spot ?
Beat Brisbane then maybe we can talk about resting players if other games go our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cannot just "tag Neale"

Tags are definitely effective on Neale, wouldn't consider him untaggable

Although whoever we've put on him in the past, Rowy or Clarke, hasn't seemed to work

Rowy is much stronger now than he was years ago so I'm assuming he'll get the job

Tags are definitely effective on Neale, wouldn't consider him untaggable

Although whoever we've put on him in the past, Rowy or Clarke, hasn't seemed to work

Rowy is much stronger now than he was years ago so I'm assuming he'll get the job
In my head I'm imagining what an angry keen to impress Parker could do tagging Neale....probs get another 6 weeks :tongueoutv1:

Why are we talking about resting players when we haven't guaranteed a top two spot ?
Beat Brisbane then maybe we can talk about resting players if other games go our way.

7 Days to kill, cant all be lasanga toasted sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back