Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it happens, I’ve just made a (left over) roast beef toastie with a spot of mint jelly.

Now that IS a tasty toastie.

Well that sounds pretty good

I read somewhere that the Lions are the team Sydney has played the least in the last ten?? years.

Maybe just as well. We've only beaten them once in the past five encounters. That was the famous R1 game at the Gabba in 2021.

After our little late-season form dip we should have too much pressure and too much firepower, despite their recent surge in form.

The Lions now have the 2nd highest % in the comp.

They’re going to finish top 4 & this could easily be a prelim or GF preview.

Don’t mind too much what happens in this game as long as:

(a) no injuries; and

(b) we don’t have to hear Country Roads. It can f*** right off.
We’re winning this DQ.

I have always wondered if he was played down back in a learning type experiment... I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays in the middle at some stage, but I feel it's unlikely now...

Btw, who are you putting down back to cover him?
Mills could do it but I reckon off HB is the natural habitat for a 🦎

Out: JMac, Adams (to sub)
In: Heeney, Parker (from sub)

With Heeney and Parker in, you've got another mid and forward to alternate. Probably Heeney a bit more in the midfield, but Parker in at early or late CBs in each quarter to either fire things up or take advantage of fatigued mids.

JJ at half forward on Zorko, who is playing at HB, their main rebounding threat. Leading the Lions for Rebound 50s, Metres Gained, intercepts for a small.

With alternating Parker/Heeney and JJ at or inside F50, this allows Fox to move onto Cameron. Otherwise it's Mills, Florent, maybe Campbell. Fox is the only one with speed, defensive ability and also isn't one of our key rebound outlets.

TMac on Daniher, Melican on Hipwood, Rampe on Morris.

Campbell and Lloyd to play more on the wing, in place of JMac.

If Fox is down back, Mills is freed up to attend a few CBs, go up forward, wherever we need him.

With an 8 day break, I'd give Amartey and Blakey a lighter week to freshen up a bit on the run. Not likely to get a rest over the next month, until we sew up top spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing Adams, Parker and Papley as our second string midfield group is what will get us over the line for these types of matches.

Heeney, Warner and Rowbottom will run the game out.

Throw our bigger bodies in the beginning, rest Heeney and Warner in our forwards.

Come late in the second quarter and the 4th quarter our midfield group still has legs for days

They’re favourites because they have a lot more at stake & are at home.

Fascinating game.
We have lost 3 games by a combined total of 8 points but have played brutal powerful footy in steamrolling sides in our wins. Brisbane are struggling to put away very ordinary sides. They are a false economy. No way should they be favourites in this game. Anyway that doesn’t decide the outcome. Although filthy at the time said we would win this walking out of Marvel last Sunday night.

This will be embarrassing if they kill us, but I am just not that impressed by Brisbane, thought the wins at home against the Saints and Dees were pretty lucky, struggled against better sides.

The two floggings they dished out inflate things, good luck to them and maybe I look stupid Sunday, but think the Gabba gives them a sniff but other than that we will win pretty safely.

Tag Lachie Neale please.

This will be embarrassing if they kill us, but I am just not that impressed by Brisbane, thought the wins at home against the Saints and Dees were pretty lucky, struggled against better sides.

The two floggings they dished out inflate things, good luck to them and maybe I look stupid Sunday, but think the Gabba gives them a sniff but other than that we will win pretty safely.
They're pretenders IMO.

Great when things go their way, fall to bits when the pressure is on.

Huge game. We have the opportunity to stake our claim as the premiership favourites and put a dent in Brisbane's chances of making the top 4.

They really need the win, lot at stake for them

Huge game. We have the opportunity to stake our claim as the premiership favourites and put a dent in Brisbane's chances of making the top 4.
It'll be a tough game but I don't think our premiership favouritism rests on beating Brisbane.

We've more than proven ourselves this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back