Brodie Grundy tackle on Ben Brown

How many weeks?

Votes: 39 28.5%

Votes: 30 21.9%

Votes: 59 43.1%

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't drive his head into the ground. He pinned the arms and took him down. The head knock was an unfortunate incident. Nothing more.
Like i said in the danger thread for same thing .its the same as a bump , you miss and hit them in the head and KO them your in trouble .The onus is on the tackler ..

Simples??
A 100kg athlete is running full tilt past you and your job is to prevent them disposing of the ball they are carrying. So you have 0.2 of a second to react and you grab them, and you grab them as hard as you can.
Yeah...it's real simples when their momentum meets your tackle.
I don't make the rules ..

Haha you're the worst poster around and that's saying something.
Kruezer had the ball and was forced to throw it away because he was getting tackled. Amazing Danger didn't get a free also.
Both these incidents players lose the ball because they are getting tackled.
Danger also wasn't a sling, it wasn't judged as such either.
Do you have any idea about anything? Serious question.
You shouldn't post! Far too bias.
Get stuffed

That is a joke that he gets 2, should get 0. AFL have nfi and succumb to media frenzy again.

careless conduct with high impact to the head

high impact definitely

careless? not a chance was that careless. He tackled brown well or maybe slightly in the back. It was the left motion that eventually led to brown dropping the ball and the free kick.

Further browns head was the last per of his body to hit the ground, wasnt driven into the ground but simply fell to the ground in the tackle.

this is litterally just before his head it the ground, you can see he is lying flat on his body before he hit the ground.
2GFmIJt.jpg

Had grundy not done what he had, then brown would have been able to maintain possession and as such grundy was encouraged by the rules of the game to make a second action during which brown was in possession of the ball and as such completely entitled to do.

Should it now be a free kick every time a player's head touches the ground in a tackle?
Great post spot on

Simples??
A 100kg athlete is running full tilt past you and your job is to prevent them disposing of the ball they are carrying. So you have 0.2 of a second to react and you grab them, and you grab them as hard as you can.
There have been 23,435 tackles this year and 23,433 have managed to avoid it. I don't think it's nearly as hard as you suggest...

Because the MRP have officially declared it doesn't matter what you do, no matter how legal or perfect your tackle, if a player gets hurt, you are gone.
They haven't ruled that at all.

You are just being hysterical Ed.

The tackle on Treloar was in was far worseand had an element of Malice in it. He just didn't end up in hospital.
It shouldn't be the outcome that dictates the punishment either, as Darcy Moore was in hospital too last week overnight but that player that supplied the elbow to the back of the head wasn't rubbed out.

Just another case of too many rules, they're going have to start having on field lawyers pretty soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they haven't ruled that explicitly, but I think everyone can agree no matter who you barrack for that based on what incidents the MRP have cherry-picked this season (and definitely last season) to make examples of that seems to be the case, I for one would like to see when putting out their decisions and suspensions rather than just their point weightings ie careless 1 point, head-high 3 points for them to also outline specifically what rule the incident was infringing, I think that would go a long way in helping the punters understand their decision-making

It's a rather long-winded and comprehensive document that explains pretty much every single rule and action quite explicitly as to what constitutes a legal and illegal action. Surely it's not beyond them to do this, that way it'd be made pretty clear as to what they're basing their decisions on: is it the illegality of the tackle/bump/hit whatever, or is it indeed as what appears to be the current case it's the outcome and not the action itself

Simples??
Except Brown was stationary and Grundy made a conscious effort to slam him into the ground as hard as he could.

The tackle on Treloar was in was far worseand had an element of Malice in it. He just didn't end up in hospital.
It shouldn't be the outcome that dictates the punishment either, as Darcy Moore was in hospital too last week overnight but that player that supplied the elbow to the back of the head wasn't rubbed out.

Just another case of too many rules, they're going have to start having on field lawyers pretty soon.
Both tackles had malice in them but Ziebul gave Treloar a chance to defend himself. Still I think he should have got a week anyway. He did it because Treloar took three bounces strolling away from him a minute earlier.
Grundy's tackle was a dog act. I did similar things when I played and know why he did it but this sort of rubbish needs to be got rid of. Grundy got off lightly.
Also, of course the outcome should effect the punishment. Are you five years old?

Both tackles had malice in them but Ziebul gave Treloar a chance to defend himself. Still I think he should have got a week anyway. He did it because Treloar took three bounces strolling away from him a minute earlier.
Grundy's tackle was a dog act. I did similar things when I played and know why he did it but this sort of rubbish needs to be got rid of. Grundy got off lightly.
Also, of course the outcome should effect the punishment. Are you five years old?

If you think Grundy is a malicious player you have NFI.

Yes they have, one of the shows showed at least 3 or 4 tackles where the arms were pinned and the head slammed into the ground from the same game. Only 1 got a suspension because Brown got hurt. 6The actions dont matter, its the outcome.

Also Ziebells suplex tackle was worse but no injury, no suspension. Hell the MRP didnt even look at it!

...you know why Grundy did this tackle? Good on you Mr Psychic.

Anyway, he copped his week. If any of you bothered to attend the game you would have seen Grundy twice go up to Brown to see if he was ok following the tackle. Grundy was also visibly upset in the rooms afterwards. A tackle that resulted in Brown striking his head..yes. But a malicious act, absolutely no way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Grundy tackle on Ben Brown

Back