Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

I thought Swan was very good in the first quarter, but was outshone by Didak's brilliance over the course of the game. Wellingham was good as well. Swan might sneak a vote, though.

Bris/WCE
Only watched bits and peices of the game, then had a look at stats/team boards,

3. Jonathon Brown (5 goals, 10 marks, 15 possies, kicked 4 goals in the first half then was well held however he ended up kicking the winning goal)
2. Scott Selwood (awseome performance 28 possies with 8 marks and 8 tackles as well as a goal)
1. Michael Rishcitelli ( 29 possies with 6 tackles and 6 marks super effective as well)

i'd say Brennan and Priddis are both good chances to poll. Even though Brennan was inneffective, he got alot of the ball and Priddis was often as usual in the umpires vision under the pack.

Priddis and Brennan are a chance to snag the 1 however imo rischetelli played better, would have to say Brown + Selwood are locks for the 3 and 2.

I agree with that, generally i would have left anyone else out however this is adam goodes were talking about! His hands were also amazing. out of curiousity who did u give the votes to, for that game? i really struggled with the 1, went with ROK though since he did an amazing job on hodge and kicked 4 goals himself.

I think Goodes would have got 2, maybe 3 (because it is Goodes) if it wasnt for his behaviour. Ive gone with this:

3 - Jack
2 - O'Keefe
1 - Goodes

Pretty confident with those 3 players and the order :p

Only other player who I would say is a chance to poll is Grundy, but he is our FB/CHB with no real polling history ...

I watched the game closely like we all did and didn't think Swan was that good and reckon he will miss a vote.
I'm going with :
3. Didak
2. Pendlebury
1. Thomas / Selwood / O'Brien

Pendlebury might blow after his game and I can't wait to get on him next week.

For Friday night's game I'm :
3. Judd
2. Garlett
1. Waite

Judd back in the hunt now.

Yeah spewing I didn't take the $34 on fri he'll be slashed for sure I thought he might have pulled out so left him go this week I reckon he (Judd)could almost be in the lead tonight

Yeah spewing I didn't take the $34 on fri he'll be slashed for sure I thought he might have pulled out so left him go this week I reckon he (Judd)could almost be in the lead tonight

Likewise, i got on him at $17 about 2 weeks ago though, still happy enough with those odds. I doubt they will slash alot off him tbh they really arnt rating him this season ala hayes last year.

Hodge might be looked at for an incident during today's game. If he's suspended it really opens things up.

IF Swan polls well this year he'll win easily. But if he doesn't, the field is wide open. Judd, Selwood, Ablett, Hayes, Pendlebury. Could be very interesting.

They mentioned the Hodge incident on Sports Tonight and in the Herald Sun. Apparently he took Goodes high in an incident off the ball. Did anyone see it? Should he be worried? Certainly would make things interesting at this end of the season.

I watched the game closely like we all did and didn't think Swan was that good and reckon he will miss a vote.
I'm going with :
3. Didak
2. Pendlebury
1. Thomas / Selwood / O'Brien

Pendlebury might blow after his game and I can't wait to get on him next week.

What do you mean by this BK? I am really keen on Pendles this year as well, mainley due to the idea that if Swan doesn't poll, those votes have to go somewhere and I think Pendles will mop up a lot of them.

So yeah, what do you mean by 'blow'?

What do you mean by this BK? I am really keen on Pendles this year as well, mainley due to the idea that if Swan doesn't poll, those votes have to go somewhere and I think Pendles will mop up a lot of them.

So yeah, what do you mean by 'blow'?
I mean that I reckon he could have polled last night but think that the bookies will feel that he didn't poll. Therefore his odds will blow / ease and we can get better odds ( or the same at worst ).
Did you watch the game and do you think he can poll last night ?

They mentioned the Hodge incident on Sports Tonight and in the Herald Sun. Apparently he took Goodes high in an incident off the ball. Did anyone see it? Should he be worried? Certainly would make things interesting at this end of the season.
I saw it and there's nothing in it. He wrapped his arm around Goodes neck / head area off the ball in a clumsy shepherd. It wasn't a strike or attempt to strike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean that I reckon he could have polled last night but think that the bookies will feel that he didn't poll. Therefore his odds will blow / ease and we can get better odds ( or the same at worst ).

Yeah I thought he might poll 1, but it's hard to call. FWIW I would say:

3. Didak
2. Selwood/Wellingham
1. Selwood/Wellingham/Pendles/Thomas/Swan

You can get $24 about Pendles @ betfair currently, I wouldn't expect much movement there given that they're not a traditional bookie. What did the TAB/SB/CB have him @ last week?

Also I'm headed to the Mel/Rich game this arvo so I'll give my votes for that one.

Yes, many will think that Swan will poll over Pendles in last nights match but it could go the other way round. Swan is now at $3 on betfair so that is probably a good indication that many will rate him to poll well last night. Statistically looks like he will hence why his odds have dropped. i think he could get 1 vote but no more.

hopefully the markets dont think pendlebury will poll.
i def think he will
Didak was the clear BOG
then the votes will be between Wellingham, Pendles, Selwood, Thomas for me.. i think Wellingham and Thomas might miss out on the votes, and cause of that Selwood will get the 1 or 2, with Pendlebury getting the other.

On the Hodge incident i saw a quick glimpse of it on the news, but wasnt really paying attention it looked bad at first thought, but BKs thoughts have eased mine.

How will Richsitelli poll last night? Missed the match but have Brown and Rischitelli both on 7 coming into the match.

Hayes a clear 3 today which brings him right into the hunt. Both he and Judd will no doubt have their odds trimmed a fair bit.
If you are happy to leave out the top 3 there will be still great value for Hayes, Judd and Pendlebury.

This week makes it very interesting! Judd, Hayes and Pendlebury into Geelong premiers for me this week I think!

St Kilda vs Port Adelaide
3. Lenny Hayes (2 goals, 34 possies and 5 marks, has a good polling history shud easily get the 3)
2. Adam Schneider ( 3 goals, 30 possies, 13 marks and 5 tackles huge game by the schneidermister)
1. Brendon Goddard ( 34 possies 7 marks and a goal)

Nick Riewoldt could snag the 1 off Goddard.

Melbourne vs Richmond
3. Liam Jurrah (4.4 goals, 17 possies and 8 grabs! MVIP for me)
2. Brad Green (3.3 goals 18 possies with 9 marks)
1. Lyndeh Dunn (5 goals with 13 possies and 5 tackles)

The 1 is hard Ben Cousins, Davey or even Cameron Bruce could snag it. (Makes green @ 3.50 for most team votes awseome odds though)

Really Starting to warn to Hayes/Judd/Boyd

AjsGuns - I think you are too focussed on the goal scorers in the votes for Melb/Rich game. Really really hard game to allocate the votes for, but I think that Davey used the ball brilliantly all day, broke the lines and set the play up. I also think someone like Cousins could also be right up there for votes. Frawley played an outstanding game - keeping riewoldt quiet, and creating plenty of drive from the back half. Obviously a guy in his sort of role doesn't normally poll well. The three you listed were up there, but I think there were plenty of other contenders with equal claims. I found it really hard to get a feel for it...

AjsGuns - I think you are too focussed on the goal scorers in the votes for Melb/Rich game. Really really hard game to allocate the votes for, but I think that Davey used the ball brilliantly all day, broke the lines and set the play up. I also think someone like Cousins could also be right up there for votes. Frawley played an outstanding game - keeping riewoldt quiet, and creating plenty of drive from the back half. Obviously a guy in his sort of role doesn't normally poll well. The three you listed were up there, but I think there were plenty of other contenders with equal claims. I found it really hard to get a feel for it...

I think Jurruh was clear BOG after that though its very hard i agree, just found green to be the second best set up some important peices of play etc also whenever green averages a game like that he usually always polls, the 1 could go to litreally 6 players.

feel free to post your 3,2,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back